• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreck-It Ralph first pics (Disney movie based on video games)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There will be a trailer released later this week, but some first pics are up. Posted in off topic but also game related.

"Walt Disney Animation Studios and Emmy®-winning director Rich Moore take moviegoers on a hilarious, arcade-game-hopping journey in Wreck-It Ralph. Ralph is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix (voice of Jack McBrayer), the ‘good guy’ star of their game who always gets to save the day. But after decades doing the same thing and seeing all the glory go to Felix, Ralph decides he’s tired of playing the role of a bad guy. He takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a game-hopping journey across the arcade through every generation of video games to prove he’s got what it takes to be a hero."

RhfFG.jpg

iOKBx.jpg

Bo3xD.jpg

nS9rn.jpg

Gartooth

I noticed a sign that says Pac-Man above Chun-Li and Zangief. Movie looks like a nice tribute to video games, will see just for the cameos alone. (although I hope the movie itself is good)

explodet

You can see M.Bison to the bottom left of the T-Rex.
Now if I could only figure out what that purple rhino is from (probably nothing).

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Regardless of how good or bad the story is, this is going to be mother of all gaming culture reference films. Move over The Wizard.

The only meager plot information I've compiled so far from the word online, spoilered just in case:

Ralph is the Donkey Kong-esque villain from the fictional Fix-It Felix game. He decides he'd rather be a hero character rather than a villain, so embarks on a quest through other games to reform his image. There is a rumor that along the way, he stumbles across something bad threatening the arcade.

Nice power strip they're inside. Eerily reminiscent of those old Dreamcast ads with all of the little critters literally inside a turn-of-the-millennium party-house Dreamcast!

Found a more in-depth synopsis

Wreck-It Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) longs to be as beloved as his games perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix (voice of Jack McBrayer). Problem is, nobody loves a Bad Guy. But they do love heroes so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch), Ralph sees it as his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan, win a medal, but soon wrecks everything, and accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Ralphs only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman), a young troublemaking glitch from a candy-coated cart racing game who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy. But will he realize he is good enough to become a hero before its Game Over for the entire arcade?

ckohler

Found a more in-depth synopsis

Wreck-It Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) longs to be as beloved as his games perfect Good Guy, Fix-It Felix (voice of Jack McBrayer). Problem is, nobody loves a Bad Guy. But they do love heroes so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch), Ralph sees it as his ticket to heroism and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple plan, win a medal, but soon wrecks everything, and accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Ralphs only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman), a young troublemaking glitch from a candy-coated cart racing game who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy. But will he realize he is good enough to become a hero before its Game Over for the entire arcade?

Sounds pretty good. I'll be seeing it.

Munin

This is brilliant marketing actually because they'll get the parents who grew up with all those 80s arcade games wanting to go too.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I like the pic of Bowser, Zangief, and baddie from Sonic. It's like a villains meeting, lol.
It's pretty clear the scene is intended to be of a support group for villains, yes.

Though Zangief isn't a villain.

MisterHero

3rd Best Street Fighter movie easily

1. Street Fighter the Movie
2. Street Fighter the Animated Movie
3. Wreck-It Ralph

I really hope Mario shows up :p

Top Bottom