• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest final release on June 14th for PC, August 27th (Gematsu) on PS4 and Xbox

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
3e32c45e52dd831c1f9c25e9397599141cce4dd1.png

Source

"Lights are green – Wreckfest leaves Early Access after only 1611 days!

Get ready to race and to smash your opponents! Wreckfest, from renowned developer and racing game expert Bugbear Entertainment has entered the final lap and is closing in on the finishing line. On June 14th 2018, Wreckfest launches on PC and on August 27th, Wreckfest will be released on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.

With the release, players can expect a set of brand new features. The challenge mode with all new unusal vehicles – like a crop harvester – guarantees crazy races, you’ve never seen before. Also players can now customize their cars with quirky items. Why would anyone have a car without a shark fin?

Stay tuned for more exciting news! "

Personal opinion: this game is tons of fun, if you like Flatout, Destruction Derby etc... it's just made for you

Last edited:

Rayderism

All I can say is that it's about freaking time they finally released this. I've been following this game since before my computer became too obsolete to run it. I mean, Flatout 4 was OK, but it couldn't touch the Bugbear developed Flatout games. Games like Wreckfest is what I bought a PS4 to play, and it's been sadly lacking on that front.

Famine

Neo Member
I'll be waiting for the final release to get this game.

I loved Flatout 1 & 2 personally.

drotahorror

Installed this a few days ago and messed around for a lap or two. Driving physics are fun, graphics area really nice. I'll wait for the full release at this point to really dive in though.

Redshirt

Banned
I've had my eye on this for a while but never got around to trying it. Shame it's so close to The Crew 2, but maybe.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This game really deserve your attention imo. They have been taking there time but it was worth it.

Acidizer

Banned
VERY disappointing... was looking forward to this.

Games with decent physics are a rarity these days.

Isn't this game already out on PC like ages ago?! WTF.

ar0s

FFS. Probably better for sales to delay but I wanted this sooner rather than later (considering just HOW MUCH LATER it ALREADY is!)

Acidizer

Banned
Shat their breeks to go up against Red Dead I assume.

But I think games released in the early part of the year get nowhere near the same amount of exposure or love as games released in the run up to Xmas... their loss. This will probably release and no-one will even notice.

That link... "Anti-bullshit quote:" proceeds to talk UTTER bullshit :messenger_neutral:

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Although I'm a BeamNG fan boy I'm very curious. Been playing Flatout1 recently ($2 sale) Back then my PC couldn't handle it.

Rayderism

Oh well. I've waited all this time, I guess I can wait some more. Tired of waiting though. So few fun arcade racers on PS4 and so many boring sim racers. Kind of depressing actually.

That's a real shame for console only players, this game is a ton of fun and can see some extremely brutal moments. I've had it since EA 2013/2014 and still play it on a weekly basis today, as the crashes and carnage are really satisfying and the physics are more than decent.

I also like that when you come around for the next lap, you'll get to navigate the leftovers of the enormous mess that occured since lap 1, the game remembers it all even down to the thousands of shards laying across the track.

Acidizer

Banned
Lucky if we get Nov 20th for 2019 methinks! How late is this fucker?!

Need to laugh at the failed Resetera boycott poll thing. Idiots.

Last edited:

Acidizer

Banned

They attempted a boycott/punish thing, they did a poll thread (from memory) asking something like "will you still buy it" because of the 8chan interview... overwhelmingly people answered "yes, don't care". Then OP and others said they were disgusted etc...

Looks like mods removed the poll that made them looks like fucking idiots. Just another own goal from those imbeciles.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Oh didnt know that.

Well didnt expect less from them. Everything they dont like must be punished somehow. What a sad existence.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

Acidizer

Banned
No derailment... just filling time waiting for this release date. Hope it's out ASAP, like imminently. Had my eye on this for bloody years, and it's been released (on PC) for years. WTF.

Love a good physics based game.

Whitecrow

Banned
I played it a bit. There's some real fun to be had, but I think that without the help of the community, mods and such, the games ends up being shallow.
I think this game is lacking the 'spark' that could make it really stand out.

Acidizer

Banned
The spark for me is the satisfying handling/physics.

I played Spintires, a trucking game where you go around 5-10mph most of the time, but it felt 100 times more involved, more satisfying and even more fun than GTA V, going at 100mph, due to that games shallow non-existent driving handling/physics. GTA IV felt nice and satisfying, though certainly not perfect.

All I need is the bare essentials done right, no bells or whistles will compensate for a lack of fundamentals.

Last edited:

Rayderism

Pre-order is up on PSN. Immediately PO'd the deluxe edition. But they just have an end-of-the-year placeholder release date. Hope that August 27th announcement holds true. I've waited so long for this game. It's one of those games where I almost want to get a new laptop just to play it now.......almost.

ultrazilla

Bought this way back when Bug Bear first put this up in Early Access. I always believed in them and glad they pulled through with a publisher picking them up!

This.Game. Seriously, get it.

Here's the quick review I left on Steam last year:

Amazing fun game! Bugbear and THQ Nordic never gave up on the game(THQ Nordic came in to help Bugbear finish and publish the game). Bought it when it first hit early access and while it was a slow, slow grind, the finished product is awesome.

Super fun gameplay. The AI ramming each other causing massive wrecks is hilarious and often find myself crashing myself because I'm laughing so hard.

The tracks are all fun and laid out well. The controls are tight and responsive. I use an Xbox One controller for my PC. The graphics are just right for the game and what can you say about the physics engine? Simply amazing crashes and real time car damage.

So congrats to Bugbear and THQ Nordic on Wreckfest! Here's hoping to a very bright future for the franchise! Cheers!

5/5 stars. Highly recommended. Put this in your cart now and buy it!!

The multiplayer online races are something you need to experience. It's some of the funnest, insane, memorable gaming experiences you'll have. Performance should
translate well to the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X and I'm heavily considering double dipping(most likely for the Xbox One X version).

Pick it up stat while it's on sale now!!

Looking forward to other's impressions here and thanks KyoZz KyoZz for the OT. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Been waiting for this on consoles, glad there is finally a release date.

It's got lofty shoes to fill for me though seeing as Destruction Derby 2 was my childhood and the flatout games could never compare sadly.

Thanks to the mod for the thread title update.

Did I already say this game is awesome? Because it is. I hope the console ports do it justice.

Top Bottom