• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest is now 60FPS on XSX

Fredrik

Also, the funnily enough, the demolition derbys are the least fun part of the game IMO.
Honestly that is true, it’s cool for showing off the demolision physics I guess but I just want them to be over so I can race again.

The racing is solid though, proper arcade racing, nice physics on weighty cars. Feels very much like Destruction Derby 2. Nothing wrong with that! 👍

Roberts

The funny thing is that 60 FPS clearly gives you an advantage in online matches. I’ve never played derby matches before and I’m not all that good in competitive games, but I played a few online rounds just for the sake of it and won two out of three. Totalled one car after another as if it was a stroll in the park.

ultrazilla

So I dowwloaded latest patch for Xbox and went to details of the file and it said "SDK: Gen9Aware" so I went to game and sure enough it's 60FPS on XSX.

Why are we not talking about this, does no one playing this game when it's on GamePass as well as PS Now? What is this? Don't go crying that Arcade racing games are dead, when you haven't played the best one in years.

It's so beatiful.

EDIT: Sorry no PS5 yet, can @Bill O'Rights @Mod of War or someone change the title?

This game is incredible. Don't miss out on it!

Josemayuste

you smart dj khaled GIF by namslam

Playing it right now. So much smoother.

I just unlocked the Super Venom, seems like cheating 😆😆

Human Lover achievement just popped, fucking finally.

Last edited:

Omeyocan

Still waiting for the 60 FPS PS5 update. They said it is coming, so i guess we'll just have to wait.

Wreckfest is one of the best racing games of the last few years.

The wait is killing me. One of the best racer I’ve played in my entire life, if not the best ! Seems the XBOX is the lead platform for Bugbear.

Step 1 - Install Wreckfest.

Step 2 - Select custom race. Pick one of the arena tracks. Everyone is large special types. You choose the Barbie car.

Step 3 - Try to complete a lap.

Step 4 - Nearly piss yourself laughing.

eX0Meqg.jpg

IY9Tqzy.jpg

This is the best racing game released since Horizon 4 came out 2 1/2 years ago.

Bugbear is a TINY studio, with about 30 people total. Makes it all the more impressive they always release a fun racing game.

They are currently working on Stuntfest.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Step 2 - Select custom race. Pick one of the arena tracks. Everyone is large special types. You choose the Barbie car.

eX0Meqg.jpg

IY9Tqzy.jpg

Bugbear is a TINY studio, with about 30 people total. Makes it all the more impressive they always release a fun racing game.

They are so tiny? I mean they are creators of Flatout after all....

Dusted this game off again. Its good fun but demo derby is worse than I remember. Damage modeling is all over the place. You can top speed t bone another car with almost zero heath and not do any damage

Schmick

eX0Meqg.jpg

IY9Tqzy.jpg

Is stuntfest still in development... man when they announced stuntfest the backlash was pretty intense!

Is stuntfest still in development... man when they announced stuntfest the backlash was pretty intense!
It's still listed on the Wikipedia page, not that that's a guarantee of anything, but I like to be optimistic.

They are currently hiring for a bunch of positions in the company though which would indicate they're making something.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Still waiting for the 60 FPS PS5 update. They said it is coming, so i guess we'll just have to wait.

Wreckfest is one of the best racing games of the last few years.

I saw an update happen yesterday evening on the ps5. We at 60?

Not yet.....:messenger_loudly_crying:. I find it a little bit unfair having to wait for the PS5 update.

The wait is killing me. One of the best racer I’ve played in my entire life, if not the best ! Seems the XBOX is the lead platform for Bugbear.

Any update on this? Do we know when PS5 is getting the 60fps update? One of my favourite racers of last gen....

Drop the 60fps update for the PS5, and you can have my money again bugbear. It's one of the best racing games

Nope, they didn’t update the game even. Probably they are making a native port on PS5, because a tweet they did.

If you want to play Wreckfest at 60fps on console, there is a system for that.

xboxseriesx.jpg

waquzy

Even more baffling is the fact the 1080p option also runs 30fps. Like whats the point lol.
Bugbear pretty much confirmed that it wasn’t possible to run 1080p at 60fps on Series S. Someone asked about this on their official forum page...

Last edited:

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Interesting, because this game drops down to 40fps at times on a 5ghz i9 and a 6900XT at 1440P medium settings.

Top Bottom