• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest is now 60FPS on XSX

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
So I dowwloaded latest patch for Xbox and went to details of the file and it said "SDK: Gen9Aware" so I went to game and sure enough it's 60FPS on XSX.

Why are we not talking about this, does no one playing this game when it's on GamePass as well as PS Now? What is this? Don't go crying that Arcade racing games are dead, when you haven't played the best one in years.

It's so beatiful.

EDIT: Sorry no PS5 yet, can Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights Mod of War Mod of War or someone change the title?

Last edited:

Shmunter

So I dowwloaded latest patch for Xbox and went to details of the file and it said "SDK: Gen9Aware" so I went to game and sure enough it's 60FPS on XSX.

Why are we not talking about this, does no one playing this game when it's on GamePass as well as PS Now? What is this? Don't go crying that Arcade racing games are dead, when you haven't played the best one in years.

It's so beatiful.

Not many people care about PSNow so it’s doomed to obscurity there. Psplus could light it up.

Zoro7

Banned
Can anyone confirm if the PS5 got this update? I was actually looking to get this, could push me to purchase now.

dem

I was interested in it but I didn't download because it was 30fps..

Will check it out on Game Pass now.

Last edited:

Certinty

So from what I've read in this thread so far it seems a bunch of people downloaded a 30fps game only to delete it because it's 30fps... How about finding out it's 'only' 30fps before you download it? :rolleyes:

Mr Moose

First time I have heard of this game today, looks fun. You don't need to play it online, right?

Can anyone confirm if the PS5 got this update? I was actually looking to get this, could push me to purchase now.
Not yet.

M1chl

First time I have heard of this game today, looks fun. You don't need to play it online, right?

Not yet.
Nah it has sizable Single Player campaign, with silly fun shit like driving on motorized couches and stuff like that.

Excellent, all the championships finished some time ago, I still have some events to redo! it's time to smash@60fps.

Car Crash GIF by memecandy

Fredrik

This is awesome! I’ve avoided the console version because of the framerate, but the kids loves it so I’ve played the PC version streamed instead to be able to sit in the couch. XSX at 60fps version will be perfect! It’s a great game! 👌

Last edited:

M1chl

I hope they'll make a patch for PS5 as well. Would be nice to return to the game after a few months.
They didn't even annouced this patch on Twitter, so I would expect it to get patch soon, since this one was not anything major in terms of content and they are patching this game mutliple times per month.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I love the theme of this game. Rolling on an American-themed car while trashing the opposition was awesome for a couple hours. I will play it again soon.

Md Ray

I would like to see 120fps at reduced resolution.

Devs decision for pushing 4K on Series S but at 30fps is a mistake. At least give us options!

EDIT: their own words: "Obviously 60fps makes a significant difference in a racing game". Then where is it on the S?

Last edited:

vkbest

They didn't even annouced this patch on Twitter, so I would expect it to get patch soon, since this one was not anything major in terms of content and they are patching this game mutliple times per month.
They have this announced on Twitter

BigLee74

Great 60fps update - significant improvement. So much better than Dirt 5.

Just a pity the event I am on in the World Masters Series crashes when I try to load it (nothing new, it’s been doing it for months and every new patch I hope it gets fixed)

Meowzers

I like it because it offers so much variety. Most car games are boring to me. Demolition derby or have a race on mud, or even ride lawnmowers. It's such a good game.

Top Bottom