• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania 36 -Covid 19 Edition |OT|

Bullet Club

I enjoyed it.

The women's tag was good. I liked Taker/AJ a lot. Everything between those matches didn't work as well due to the lack of crowd but none of it was terrible.

Super Mario

Banned
I'm glad they are still having the show. The internet nerds will always bitch and complain about everything WWE. What is the alternative? Postpone it until maybe 4 months? I'm glad that they are giving us something to keep ourselves entertained with.

The Taker/Styles match was EXACTLY the type of thing I was hoping for. Instead of looking to your limitations of what you can't do, use this opportunity to do something new. It was fun, and we got the american badass.

Many don't realize the importance of the crowd until it's not there. Sure there is a lot of cringe-worthy stuff the crowds do now. However, they're the reason why being there live is so much more fun.

I actually like bringing in the legends, part-time wrestles, etc. People have bitched about Brock for years. However, you remove him from the equation, and what product would we have had for the last few years? All of the heros that the internet thinks would have done better than him, wouldn't have. Him and Heyman are an iconic team. He has taken great heat in a time where we have a hard time making heels anymore. When he fights, you want to see it. With that said, it's might be time for Goldberg to go. I was thrilled to see him back again, but it's pretty clear he can't do much of anything.

Dthomp

Here's hoping for a better night of action, at least I get Liv Morgan :)

Another rollup finish? I'm so sick of this finish this weekend...

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Liv Morgan :)
giphy.gif

Dthomp

Gross, way to put over the young talent...Could have put over Rhea as literally main event level talent, but LOLCHarlotteWins

Dthomp

I get kind of tired of them giving Charlotte every title under the sun.

Yup, there were plenty of other ways if the goal was to send Charlotte back to NXT for starpower then have her go over a future star who JUST won the NXT title off of one of the longest reigning champs in history. I mean 11 title reigns already? I hate everything about Charlotte, and every positive somebody can give me on her, I think Rhea is better in every regard. This was a chance to put over Rhea HUGE and could easily have Charlotte down in NXT to screw her out of the title. She is the only heel who seems to always get to go over strong against the babyface, where most have to cheat or interference.

Only good is that maybe Rhea will be up to main roster when we come back, and I can just give up watching NXT for good, I already skip it or AEW but I can save the time to watch the DVR if it's just going to be the Charlotte show now

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Hah! That was a pretty decent match. Still don't get what they were trying to accomplish with Lana and Lashley.

VertigoOA

Banned
Hollywood Cena!

Oh my lol this incredible

(I’m legit hoping we do get to see hollywood nwo Cena in our lifetimes)

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

Firefly funhouse match was amazing. Very cool to see them give another character supernatural powers. Waaaaay better then that AJ/Taker thing.

VertigoOA

Banned
Eh didn’t care for Drew’s title win but I like the dude. Met him when he was touring with evolve... he’s a monster. Hopefully after the wrestling pause that’s supposedly coming he keeps some kind of momentum.

Cena and Bray was fucking amazing. It felt like a love letter to wrestling while at the same time being a coherent storyline that actually made their past important. So even aside from entertainment at face ... it was the best storytelling they’ve done in a decade too. Fucking incredible

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Cena/Bray was some goofy shit, but was alright.

Orton/Edge felt like it went for 2 hours.

Both the women's matches were good.

Nice to see Drew win, even though the match was nothing.

It wasn't as good as night 1 but was still OK. All things considered, they did well over both nights.

And thank fuck they spread it over 2 nights. 6+ hours straight would have been brutal.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The Aj/Taker Bray/Cena segments were heads and shoulders above everything else this weekend.

Now to watch WWE run it into the ground.

cryptoadam

Banned
RAW tonight could be a farewell to Pro Wrestling in North America.

Who knows which companies can survive weeks or months or even years without a live audience.

VertigoOA

Banned
Hollywood Cena!

EU4sglSWsAATXxY.jpg

he needs to do it... I’d cry of joy.

became a Cena fanboy over the years ... I hope he does it. Would be tremendous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom