• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
thats pretty badass
backstage_20140406hm_0149.jpg

I wonder if the WWE didn't put too much hype behind the Lesnar match because they knew it was going to be bad. Like Undertaker showed up in January and told Vince that he was having trouble getting into shape like he used to and he wants this to be the end.

Vylash

My god, what a ring technician! The brutal knees to Natalya, the display of savvy veteran instincts as she lets the other divas beat each other up, and then putting that loser Tamina in her place by letting her know who the real queen is, Eva Marie forever! #Queen #AllRedEverything

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
AJ is the only female wrestler currently on the roster that deserves to hold the belt. I really hope they end up debuting Paige tonight or sometime soon to provide AJ a good opponent to drop the title to.
She will probably fued with Tamina next, since she hasn't beat her yet. Hopefully Emma, sans Santino, soon.

Paige is ready but I just don't see the WWE in any rush to bring her over to Raw. Her merch sells well and she's a big part of the NXT brand, but I guess they want to wait. Although she's going to get stale soon. She has defeated the all the female roster. It's only a matter of time till people call her the female John Cena.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
There were people within WWE surprised that the betting odds for Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker took a late swing with Lesnar as the favorite because as noted, even the most high up people in the company didn’t know the finish until it happened. There are people within WWE who know the outcomes of matches because they have to and even they had The Undertaker winning.

dam thats pretty awesome

Batista and Orton were awesome. I'm not sure how you could say that they weren't.

Yeah say what you want about the build and the entire angle, but that match was pretty great. They both seemed to sell everything well, and Orton gets points for taking that monitor. Wonder if he got pissed at Batista after the match because on the replay it looks like Batista was the one who chucked the monitor there. Who knows. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but you think he would have known better.

strobogo

Banned
Watching the main event again. Anybody who doesn't believe Brock/Taker killed the crowd is delusional.

No one argues that. They didn't really come back to life until HHH came back out.

icYEh5i1WWyvZ.gif

Taker really never recovered from that, which was in the first few minutes of the match. He let out a bellow and for the rest of the match he was down, sucking wind, CONSTANTLY talking to Brock, telling him to slow down, help him up, or let him breathe.

Then this happened

icRsUeUC3CTuB.gif

And then this happened

ibw7OKfQBF1bRs.gif

He also appeared to have injured his ribs from the first F5.

Marvel

could never
Orton had a lucky escape with that monitor. Hellsgate spot repeated because Brock didn't get all of the power bomb, hardly lifted Taker the first try.

Lkr

i haven't watched wrestling in years, last time i was actually into it was around wrestlemania 26, but goddamn the crowd is so into wyatt and brian. crowd would have gone nuts if wyatt had won. i don't even know who he is and i know he is probably the most entertaining character the E has had in a while

The match was slow because Taker busted his head right in the beginning of the match. Just like Lesnar/HHH from WM29 sucked because Lesnar got knocked loopy right in the start.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Undertaker can be the example from now on for people who watch MMA and practice MMA and think they can work a guy who actually does MMA

Shoulda never put him in the ring with Brock. The guy is the roughest worker in the WWE. Like, what did Undertaker think was gonna happen? You think after the first takedown, Undertaker went, 'I've made a terrible mistake.'?

strobogo

Banned
Undertaker can be the example from now on for people who watch MMA and practice MMA and think they can work a guy who actually does MMA

Shoulda never put him in the ring with Brock. The guy is the roughest worker in the WWE. Like, what did Undertaker think was gonna happen? You think after the first takedown, Undertaker went, 'I've made a terrible mistake.'?

He probably forgot and then remembered every bump he took. Watch the match back again, he's not even trying to hide his talking the whole match. Asking for help, breathing room, for Brock to ease up. He got wrecked right away. But even before that, he looked hobbled and slow. Seconds in he looked like he shouldn't have taken the match. I have a feeling that the first Irish whip kind of stunned him, too.

he must of said rest in peace to himself as brock lifted and slammed him into the mat lol

No one argues that. They didn't really come back to life until HHH came back out.

icYEh5i1WWyvZ.gif

Taker really never recovered from that, which was in the first few minutes of the match. He let out a bellow and for the rest of the match he was down, sucking wind, CONSTANTLY talking to Brock, telling him to slow down, help him up, or let him breathe.

Then this happened

icRsUeUC3CTuB.gif

And then this happened

ibw7OKfQBF1bRs.gif

Geez. I didn't really notice him hitting his head so many times.

Showaddy

I'm pretty sure Taker's age and multiple surgeries have more to do with this than the fact Brock is a retired MMA fighter.

NYR

icYEh5i1WWyvZ.gif

Then this happened

icRsUeUC3CTuB.gif

And then this happened

ibw7OKfQBF1bRs.gif

Can't blame Brock for any of that...100% taker's fault.

iMax

icYEh5i1WWyvZ.gif

Then this happened

icRsUeUC3CTuB.gif

And then this happened

ibw7OKfQBF1bRs.gif

That second one looks horrible.

icYEh5i1WWyvZ.gif

Then this happened

icRsUeUC3CTuB.gif

And then this happened

ibw7OKfQBF1bRs.gif

Wow that looks terrible, didn't they like practice? I mean these part timers can meet up at a facility and practice the spots in the match. That first gif the fuck was Brock trying to do. I heard the Rock did that with R-Truth and Miz in the tag match.

That leg take down spot and the repeated powerbombs might give validity to those rumors awhile back that Brock wouldn't be willing to put the time in to practice the match like previous Taker opponents. Especially the former.

Aiii

So not worth it
That leg take down spot and the repeated powerbombs might give validity to those rumors awhile back that Brock wouldn't be willing to put the time in to practice the match like previous Taker opponents. Especially the former.

Then why would Taker possibly put him over?

Wow that looks terrible, didn't they like practice? I mean these part timers can meet up at a facility and practice the spots in the match. That first gif the fuck was Brock trying to do. I heard the Rock did that with R-Truth and Miz in the tag match.

WWE usually flies out Taker's opponent after the last Raw before Mania to go over the match with him at his place (where he's got a ring in a private facility). There was some concern over whether Lesnar would be willing to do that. No one knows if he did or not. The day of WM30, Heyman posted a picture of himself and Lesnar in a ring somewhere in a building with the caption "Secret training sessions" so maybe he did?

Ithil

The match was slow because Taker busted his head right in the beginning of the match. Just like Lesnar/HHH from WM29 sucked because Lesnar got knocked loopy right in the start.

Not just loopy, Lesnar hit his head and was knocked unconscious for a few seconds.

Docpan

Last night was the first time I watched a Wrestle mania since 18, all because of the awesome and cheap WWE network.

I want to watch Raw tonight. I don't have cable. What are my options?

Marvel

could never
Eh it's not a new thing for Brock to be rough. He's a Beast, even holding back Taker got injured, no amount of practice would have prepared Mark fully for it really he's got too many miles on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom