• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Nintendo making Zelda mobile game, Animal Crossing mobile Fall, new Poke TCG app

Armadilo

Banned
WSJ Article

Nintendo Co. NTDOY -0.05% plans to offer its game ”The Legend of Zelda" for smartphones, people familiar with the matter said, the latest step by the Kyoto company to expand its mobile-games lineup.

The people familiar with the matter said the ”Animal Crossing" smartphone app is likely to be released in the latter half of 2017, and ”The Legend of Zelda" would follow that, although they cautioned that the timing and order of the releases could be changed. Nintendo is developing the games with Tokyo-based DeNA Co. 2432 -0.12%

Representatives of Nintendo and DeNA declined to comment.

Pokémon Co. is planning a new card-game app, two people familiar with the matter said. Pokémon Co. already makes physical cards that players collect and use in competitions. A company spokeswoman declined to comment.

Impossible. If it is true, who could ever have seen this coming? The obvious choices would have been Metroid or F-Zero or Mach Rider.

Was hoping they would. Too many Zelda clones showing up in the top results for "Zelda" on the app store. Wonder how it'll play out...don't think their Super Mario Run experiment worked despite being one of the better mobile games out there.

pagrab

Hard to think how could Zelda be delivered with touch controls only. But then again, it was even harder to believe for Mario.

MAtgS

Well a PH/ST styled game was pretty much 1 of the most obvious possibilities when they first said they were developing mobile titles.

NimbusD

doesnt matter because online will be required so I cant play it... also now that the switch is out this seams pointless.

It's dangerous to go alone. Wait here with me for 10 hours while your sword is being forged or pay me 10 diamond rupees to get it right now.

If Mario Run and FE Heroes are any indication it'll probably just be a lite version of the series based on a handheld game like TFH, PH, or ST. Or maybe an app of some sort that works with BOTW (Sheikah Slate app?).

Please just please also release it on 3DS or Switch.

I am so tired of them making games on mobile and not releasing them on their own damn systems. I want to play these games. Please let me. I can't afford a mobile device and don't want to support mobile due to them constantly being outdated by newer systems so please Nintendo release your mobile games on your actual systems.

If its like a real good Zelda game that I can't play I'll be pissed.

I am so tired of them making games on mobile and not releasing them on their own damn systems. I want to play these games. Please let me. I can't afford a mobile device and don't want to support mobile due to them constantly being outdated by newer systems so please Nintendo release your mobile games on your actual systems.

That's not happening.

I could see this being a $10-$15 pay once title.

I don't know how you make the regular Zelda formula free-to-play?

I mean Mario Run has a scoring system and daily runs but I can't see there being a scoring system for Zelda dungeons.

Also while you could play platforming levels multiple times quickly going through a dungeons with the exact same puzzle solutions would be tedious.

I could see this have a basic overworld with four dungeons located around it.

Maxinas

Nani?

Top Bottom