• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF? Guys at Gamestop were pimping me Hamsterz Life.

Joe Molotov

B000HN312Y.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36676475_.jpg

Seriously, WTF? I thought they were joking at first. They were telling me what new games had come in, and the guy was like "Oh yeah, we got Hamsterz!" and I'm like "Okay, I don't even know what that is?" and then he starts talking about how fun it is and how hamsters are the coolest animals. I thought he was just messing with me at first, so I play along, and say something like "Wow, sounds really awesome. Hamsterz was da bomb in Phantoms, yo"

But this guy just keeps going like this is really some great game that I should own. And then the other guy starts talking about how much fun it is, and how his hamster had knitted him a sweater earlier in the day and stuff. So naturally, I start backing away slowly looking for a chance to make a break for it, when the guy offers to show me the box. So I humor him and look at the box, and make some comment like "Wow, yeah, looks fun" and then he's like "So you want to take it home and try it out?" to which I made some vague, noncommital response like "Uh, well, I don't know, maybe next time" which roughly translates into "It's a cheap looking Nintendogs rip-off made by Ubisoft starring Hamsters, and it's got a "Z" in the title instead of an "S". Hell no, I don't want to buy it."

So did I just miss out on my chance to jump in on the next big DS phenomenon on the ground floor here, or what?

It's a spinoff of the Dogz/Catz series, so it's Hampsterz...

(which has been around a lot longer than Nintendogs (I had a copy of Catz 1 for the PC back in 1996 or so...), under several different companies... it is true that the GBA/DS ones are blatant "let's appeal to the Nintendogs audience" titles, though.)

Those things are fun for a few minuites, but then get boring really fast.

Well, apparently the previous titles, Dogz, Catz, Horsez, and I think Bratz were fairly big sellers on the GBA/DS. So they've going to do games on pretty much every critter possible, I imagine...

trancejeremy said:
Well, apparently the previous titles, Dogz, Catz, Horsez, and I think Bratz were fairly big sellers on the GBA/DS. So they've going to do games on pretty much every critter possible, I imagine...

Not sure if Bratz is the same thing, but you forgot Horsez!

edit: No you didn't. I just can't read :)

scaffa

Hamsterz is the shit yo! Today those cute little furry animals made me some chocolate covered brownies with sprinkles on them! I got all warm inside and cuddled my copy of Hamsterz.

The whole family is addicted here on this game to, they love it so much that we all bought a copy now. Those little Hamsterz... what would I do without them?

Joe Molotov said:
B000HN312Y.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36676475_.jpg

Seriously, WTF? I thought they were joking at first. They were telling me what new games had come in, and the guy was like "Oh yeah, we got Hamsterz!" and I'm like "Okay, I don't even know what that is?" and then he starts talking about how fun it is and how hamsters are the coolest animals. I thought he was just messing with me at first, so I play along, and say something like "Wow, sounds really awesome. Hamsterz was da bomb in Phantoms, yo"

But this guy just keeps going like this is really some great game that I should own. And then the other guy starts talking about how much fun it is, and how his hamster had knitted him a sweater earlier in the day and stuff. So naturally, I start backing away slowly looking for a chance to make a break for it, when the guy offers to show me the box. So I humor him and look at the box, and make some comment like "Wow, yeah, looks fun" and then he's like "So you want to take it home and try it out?" to which I made some vague, noncommital response like "Uh, well, I don't know, maybe next time" which roughly translates into "It's a cheap looking Nintendogs rip-off made by Ubisoft starring Hamsters, and it's got a "Z" in the title instead of an "S". Hell no, I don't want to buy it."

So did I just miss out on my chance to jump in on the next big DS phenomenon on the ground floor here, or what?

I have four friends who work at Gamestop, one is a manager and the rest are fodder.
They are the most uninformed, misinformation giving people that I can imagine.
The manager is the only one that tries. One of the others is an old school pc gamer who hasnt played anything made in the last 3 years and one borrows an xbox game now and then and his idea of a great game was jaws.
These are friends and I still have no idea how the store doesnt at least require some kind of keeping up on games.

Ulairi

Banned
For the same reasons some people like animcal crossing.

Why do you give a crap what someone at gamestop likes to play?

They probably have a bet each day on who can sell the stinker game of the day. Must be a very boring living trying to pimp disc insurance for 8 years before you get promoted to Part-time assistant weekend
trailerpark
Gamestop supervisor.

sounds like they were just joking around and really just kept on stringing you..

And you the made a post about it on GAF.. Mission Accomplished.

Mr Jared

Zepking said:
sounds like they were just joking around and really just kept on stringing you..

And you the made a post about it on GAF.. Mission Accomplished.

Exactly. .

"Hey look. This guy has no sense of humor."

"Think he posts on GAF?"

"Only one way to find out. . HEY SUP MAN. . Have you checked out this Hamsterz game yet?"

"I'll go move the magazine rack."

C4Lukins

If I worked at Gamestop, that is the type of thing I would probably do. Challenge the employes to sell the most copies of the most useless games to uninformed customers. Maybe try and sell used controllers to people who do not actually own the systems they are for. Push the Duke controller on people buying a Wii.

Koomaster

This actually happens and is a bet initiated either by managers or other employees. It's a boring retail life, gotta spice it up somehow.

That's why buying all your games online rules so supremely. You never have to deal with such pathetic displays of opportunism.

Top Bottom