• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is going on with FF Type-0?

CorvoSol

Progress being made on the fan translation! (the text is a joke btw for some gamefaq forum users...I think?) Key thing is that Skyrunner 's text inserter appears to be working.

snap000qw.png

snap001z.png

snap002ig.png

snap003u.png

MAGIUS. Why is the Chocobo being called PrecisionCrab? Wasn't that guy being a jerk to y'all the other day?

Akainu

You don't have to "install" CFW anymore. The best custom firmware for PSP is a temporary ordeal - you run a file that puts you in CFW mode, and once you turn the PSP off, you're back on OFW.
Is there a downside to this? That could ruin the psp?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Not really.

----------------------

Doesn't deserve it's own topic so here you go, FF Type 0's Bahamut is now an official Figure(1 of 5) for FF Creatures Kai Vol 5.

The clincher? Square Enix Merchandise NA is planning to sell FINAL FANTASY CREATURES -KAI- Vol.5 in February 2013.

Mzo

Nope, as soon as Sony stopped making updates it was cracked wide open, basically. You download a tiny program, run it, and you're good to go. Reset the system to go back to normal, run the program to use CFW. Couldn't possibly get any easier, it's ~wonderful~

Viperik

Banned
You don't have to "install" CFW anymore. The best custom firmware for PSP is a temporary ordeal - you run a file that puts you in CFW mode, and once you turn the PSP off, you're back on OFW.

Can you do this with PSPs with CFW installed?

Still rocking 5.00 m33 here

Einhander

I have a temporary CFW version installed, but I'm not sure if I logged into PSN with it enabled, so I worry that Sony will brick my handheld or something. Would it be a huge risk if I had connected to PSN with the CFW on?

Aeana

I have a temporary CFW version installed, but I'm not sure if I logged into PSN with it enabled, so I worry that Sony will brick my handheld or something. Would it be a huge risk if I had connect to PSN with the CFW on?

Nope. No risk at all.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Man, I've had an account at that dump since at least 07.

Hey, so does this text inserting thing mean you can now plug dialog in wherever you want?

Not that I know of.

Right now it's just cutscene dialogue but where text is we should have no problem dealing with. As for placing it wherever on the screen? No.

CorvoSol

Not that I know of.

Right now it's just cutscene dialogue but where text is we should have no problem dealing with. As for placing it wherever on the screen? No.

Sorry, I meant that, actually, that you can swap the text anywhere in the game for Roman letters. So like, theoretically, if I'm in town and I talk to an NPC, the text thing could be used to swap out that NPC's alphabet and put in Roman letters?

Takao

Banned
Y'all might as well make a thread for the fan translation rather than bumping this one. Someone might actually think there's movement on an official release.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I agree with this.

I plan to make a topic MUCH FARTHER down the road. I know how people will get with the "Is it done" effect.

Sorry, I meant that, actually, that you can swap the text anywhere in the game for Roman letters. So like, theoretically, if I'm in town and I talk to an NPC, the text thing could be used to swap out that NPC's alphabet and put in Roman letters?

It should be possible, however I think we are sticking with the game's font it has.

CorvoSol

I plan to make a topic MUCH FARTHER down the road. I know how people will get with the "Is it done" effect.

It should be possible, however I think we are sticking with the game's font it has.

Right, but what I mean is that you can pull out the Japanese text and put in English text using the font the game has in there already, right? As in, theoretically, you could pull out all of an NPC's dialogue in a town and replace it with whatever English nonsense you felt like putting there, correct? So NPC says "Something in Japanese!" and I load up the text insertion program and, assuming I knew what I was doing, I could insert "Get Candle in Parapa, Go West!" in English?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Right, but what I mean is that you can pull out the Japanese text and put in English text using the font the game has in there already, right? As in, theoretically, you could pull out all of an NPC's dialogue in a town and replace it with whatever English nonsense you felt like putting there, correct? So NPC says "Something in Japanese!" and I load up the text insertion program and, assuming I knew what I was doing, I could insert "Get Candle in Parapa, Go West!" in English?

Yes.

AWESOME.

Also, I just bought Type-0 for 40 bucks on Amazon. Used, and shipping is gonna be slow, but MAN, 40 bucks for an import is a STEAL.
The Ultimate Hits version can be had for $40 including shipping on US Amazon but I know that the moment it ships the Type-0 western localization will be announced immediately afterward just like every single other time I've imported a game after giving up hope.

I suppose maybe I should just make the sacrifice for everyone else's sake...

CorvoSol

The Ultimate Hits version can be had for $40 including shipping on US Amazon but I know that the moment it ships the Type-0 western localization will be announced immediately afterward just like every single other time I've imported a game after giving up hope.

I suppose maybe I should just make the sacrifice for everyone else's sake...

Well it's too late for me now, since I JUST made the purchase. :(

Am I missing any special content not getting the Ultimate Hits version?

Is there any good reason why SE can't release this on PSN if they don't want to risk a retail release? What have they got to lose by doing a digital only release ala RE4 HD? Seems like a waste not to do it considering the time and investment they would have put in if the nearly complete localisation rumours are true.

Is there any good reason why SE can't release this on PSN if they don't want to risk a retail release? What have they got to lose by doing a digital only release ala RE4 HD? Seems like a waste not to do it considering the time and investment they would have put in if the nearly complete localisation rumours are true.

Apparently you can pirate psn games as well.

Pretty sure this game is officially dead at this point. It's not coming in any form, vita, psp, 3ds, ps3, whatever.

wrowa

Ugh, stop bumping this thread? I know I shouldn't be hopeful but every time I see it at the top... :(

The thread is being bumped for good reason and if there should ever be news of an official release (hint: won't happen) someone will open a new thread about it mere seconds after the news hits.

Einhander

I think we should have an official thread for the fan translation, so people know what's being bumped. Even if the OP doesn't have very much information, at the moment.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think we should have an official thread for the fan translation, so people know what's being bumped. Even if the OP doesn't have very much information, at the moment.

And I'd rather not make one, as I'll likely be asked tons of questions mostly pertaining to "when is the release date?" and the point is to simply do everything unhindered over no determined period of time so it can simply be released at a mere moment's notice. Because as such I cannot promise a "release date".

Einhander

Ah. Fair enough. Well you could write that a release date is TBA in bold in the OP. That could answer most questions, and by creating a comprehensive FAQ in the OP, it would help a ton.

Maybe someone else could make one?

Though I understand if you'd rather not have a spotlight shined on it at all until it's complete.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ah. Fair enough. Well you could write that a release date is TBA in bold in the OP. That could answer most questions, and by creating a comprehensive FAQ in the OP, it would help a ton.

Maybe someone else could make one?

Though I understand if you'd rather not have a spotlight shined on it at all until it's complete.

Trying to stay low key so we can have a big surprise for when it does happen.

Soriku

There's a new interview with Tabata about Type-0 (posted by Magius on GameFAQs). Spoilery stuff about the story but some other stuff too:

――How do you feel about the world of Type-0 expanding beyond the game?

Please go ahead! I know the scenario writer want to comicalize a story about Kurasame. As long as there are no negative impact to the over all content, I'm feel like they should do it.

――Is there possibility of a spin-off about Magistrate Khalia's past or the Mysterious Masked Person?

The possibility is not zero. We want to see where the series can develop, with Type-0 as a prototype. So we don't really have any plans at this point for a series to follow up the story of Type-0. I do have a concepts but there is only one of me, so I'm keeping it as a future chance for the Type-0 staff.

――Any plans of making an HD version for console?

We did think about how fun it would be playing Type-0 on a HD television. In fact we did experiment with it, and it was definitely submersive. But unfortunately, there are no plan as of yet.

――If you were to make a continuation of Type-0, what kind of game would it be?

During the creation of Type-0, if felt that it should have been a content high-end machine. If there is a continuation, it defenitley would be for a high-end machine. So part of the world will be carried over, and some not; but not to the point of making the two unrelated, but playable by some one who has not played Type-0.

――Finally, any game genre you would like to create unrelated to Type-0?

I would say something historical, like a documentary. Type-0 was a fictional world, so it would be nice if I could take in something non-fictional; the genre doesn't really matter. That's what I've always been wanting to create.

Wish they'd make a PS3 remaster already. As for the future of the series, if SE still has no faith in the Vita, I wonder if Type-1 for PS4 is possible. He says they'd want to use a high-end system.

Mario007

There's a new interview with Tabata about Type-0 (posted by Magius on GameFAQs). Spoilery stuff about the story but some other stuff too:

Wish they'd make a PS3 remaster already. As for the future of the series, if SE still has no faith in the Vita, I wonder if Type-1 for PS4 is possible. He says they'd want to use a high-end system.

Doubt it'll be on the ps4 with the regular FF franchise appearing on it as well. Would dilute the brand too much. I honestly think Vita is the only hope for the Type series.

Top Bottom