• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wtf... shadow of war

Ixiah

Banned
1. Because no one buys a Game with a Giant Spider as an Story Character
2. Shes just like Gandalf a Maiar, meaning shes a Spirit who can take on the Form of whatever she wants.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Because no one wants to fuck a spider?

I dunno man, does Quelaag count?

quelaag_high_detail.jpg

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

I loved the first game, and I'm certainly no fan of EA. Haven't played the second, but Shelob as a chick sounds dumb af.

Teslerum

Don't go in either series excpecting any kind of care about the series lore. Shelob isn't even among the biggest offenders in these games (imo).

Last edited:
Its an alternative take on the lore and story. This is from the mouths of the developers themselves since the first game so don't go in expecting it to be really faithful to the material, just enjoy the ride.

Arachnid

Just roll with it. It fades after a few seconds of 'wha....'. The main game of *checks notes* utilising Mordor's Ork overpopulation endemic to satisfy the ranger's need to perform various decapitation animations over and over again will push the spider-chick out of your thoughts.

Slightly-serious-side-note: This franchise needs to come back with a golden third. Balance out all the shortcomings and whatnot. I know it's been pointed out to death but- *serious potential here.
Or it really seemed that way then.
Agreed. The nemesis system is one of the coolest concepts I've seen this gen. I wish more games would ape it.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Had a quick go at the demo. Was really unimpressed. Frame rate was pretty poor on my PS4 (non pro). But the game was just a bit meh. Didn’t feel like I was in middle earth.

I quite liked the first one. Can o my imagine playing it when u find it in a bargain bin somewhere.

Nemesis system is a great system though. I’ll give it that.

Top Bottom