• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WUCHANG: Fallen Feathers - Official Reveal Trailer

dDoc

China adopting the souls genre? China saving us from western AAA politically filled games?

Obvious jokes aside, looks decent but not great at this stage.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
The ui, the enemy animations, the sound effects...

I do not believe the land of cheap knockoffs didn't steal code and assets from a last gen FROM title for this game.

kiphalfton

I will gladly take a ripoff game, as long as it's good. If it's not good then I won't buy it and will just continue on with my life.

Just think of this as a Bloodborne mod, and maybe that will help keeping you from getting your panties in a wad.

WitchHunter

Banned
You are correct I never been to China and the only thing I enjoy from China is the Chinese food here in USA.

I live in Miami and all I see is a bunch of hot spanish chicks walking with their fake ass Gucci, Louis Vitton and Chanel purses made from China because in reality a lot of people here like to show off and the Chinese do a damn good job off making these fakes almost 1 to 1 compared to original thing and it makes me fucking sick to my stomach.
Yeah, people also pirate games, maybe because they cannot afford it. If you cannot afford it, you are not part of the target audience. But, much better for the given brand if you have a fake version than an alternative. Just travel around the world and experience foreign cultures, not just sunbathing on the coast. You are in a bubble if you never go abroad. The best way to educate yourself and see through the bullshit that mainstream media spreads (in almost every country) is to travel. You will see that unsolvable problems in one place are nonexistent in another.

LectureMaster

Gold Member

Video from 6:47 : the loot is dung pie. Legit Dark Souls homage.

Also from the developer Chinese translate :

The game is heavily inspired by BloodBorne, and will have a Lovecraft vibe. The protagonist has ability to transform her left hand into different weapons, similar to what trick weapons do in BloodBorne. The game has been under development for one and half years; current progress is about 15% and is expected to finish in three years. There will be a demo in November.

Last edited:
Yeah, people also pirate games, maybe because they cannot afford it. If you cannot afford it, you are not part of the target audience. But, much better for the given brand if you have a fake version than an alternative. Just travel around the world and experience foreign cultures, not just sunbathing on the coast. You are in a bubble if you never go abroad. The best way to educate yourself and see through the bullshit that mainstream media spreads (in almost every country) is to travel. You will see that unsolvable problems in one place are nonexistent in another.
I came to USA when I was 10. I am originally from Russia and have been to other places already but obviously at a very young age when my mind was different and I did not know a lick of English. I've been to Israel, England and Italy. Italy was the only place I went to when I was 18, I went there to visit a traditional Italian wedding. It was quite amazing. Also, visited Rome and stood on the coliseum itself, def an experience that will give you chills and appericiate the art and culture of the old days. Just remember, back in the day people paid money too watch someone get eaten by a lion alive. What do we do today? Remove "sexualized" pictures from World of Warcraft from 2004. What an amazing progression!
Oh and people pay money today to watch fake wrestling and believe it or not some of the American public actually thinks its real. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member

Mtv Mtc GIF by MTV’s Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club

MHubert

Ehhh... I get what your saying but I was more speaking in broad terms man. Not specifically Chinese games. Just saying in general the Chinese nation sucks at being creative, I am not talking about their history or anything like that.

Just look at how they rip every product off in every aspect of life.
You are correct I never been to China and the only thing I enjoy from China is the Chinese food here in USA.
Dude....

.... China has crazy talent

Last edited:

skneogaf

Looks like a from software game but after one second of playing it, I'll be able to feel that it isn't a from software game.

sublimit

Banned
I like the atmosphere and overall artstyle but they really need to hire some good animators because as it is the main character moves like a fridge. Also the animations are way too slow for they type of combat and gameplay they seem to be aiming for.
But then again the game is supposedly coming out in 2024 so they have a lot of time ahead of them to improve it.

Last edited:
Eh. Not opposed to games taking inspiration from other games but some of the stuff here is pushing it a bit lol. Might still play it if it's good though.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

concept art is different.

You play as chinnese girl.

The environoment is in china

There is only one Hertz difference in Sound.

The light particles are external.

Legally the game does not present a plagiarism .

But is BASED XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom