• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

keraj37

So far this doesn't even meet the 9.5% fatality rate of SARS, which killed 775 people worldwide and infected 8,000, It can still mutate if it crosses enough borders, but probably unlikely given the drastic overkill measures China is taking to contain it. If this happened in a clusterfuck like India it would lead to disaster.
But it wont happened in India because people there eats curry they dont consume rats, wolf, snake or bats meat undercooked/half raw

Well, it looks like 3 cases found in India...
EDIT: 'suspected' cases
update (0820ET): Over the past few hours, health officials in Nepal have announced that a student who has returned from Wuhan has been found to carry the virus. Meanwhile, officials in India are reporting three suspected cases.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Low iq idiot, i write and speak full blown Queens English.
In real English "NONE" is the correct spelling.
Do try harder.

Sure you do britbong.

You are the one making the claim that harmful none [sic] ionizing radiation is produced by electric motors and batteries. Lemme guess, you don't ride the train for fear of your balls shrinking off as well. How about you provide some data to support your claims, instead of just throwing around insults, pigeon.

Low iq idiot, i write and speak full blown Queens English.
In real English "NONE" is the correct spelling.
Do try harder.
I'm as English as a bloody marmite crumpet, and a former biochemist, and I'm afraid I've got to side with the yank on this one, non would be the more common usage, even in English English, sorry.

Not that 'none' isn't correct, it's just not any more correct, so just chill out mate.

Dontero

Banned
I like how you all assume that you can quarantine city or even village.
The cat is already out of the bag and if you look at curve it is almost geometrical.

Let's hope it won't mutate further.
Unfortunutelly the more people are diseased the better and better virus becomes.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Ok, this is epic.

K5sEztj.png

Cge5qfu.jpg

I'm just looking for an excuse to post Resident Evil memes

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I can only assume this virus has been around for months and its getting attention now and seems like a Chinese problem.

Quarantining a city of 10+ million people is unprecedented

They told people 6 hours before they locked down the city and a massive number of cars left the city like over 200K and you can still bribe your way out see video above

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Why do people bring up spanish flu when it took place in a time of inferior hygienic and immunization practices?
Maybe in the western and developed world. But according to that insider video that smiles posted about the situation in China, the Chinese people are oblivious to basic hygiene standards... So that looks really grim.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Maybe in the western and developed world. But according to that insider video that smiles posted about the situation in China, the Chinese people are oblivious to basic hygiene standards... So that looks really grim.
Good point, if true. I honestly have no knowledge about Chinese hygiene.

Seems the Virus originated in Bats, like Ebola. Some poor sob got dracula'd. So all that talk of muh exotic street food was as usual, fake news.

Some of the cleanest and hygienic food prep in the world, certainly cleaner than in the west. They have to wear face masks in fast food outlets for example. And a monthly ranking system that has to be publicly visible regulates cleanliness of every single legal food shop. The three rankings are great, mediocre and poor. So you always know where you're eating. Both of these are missing in the west. Ironically, you're the oblivious one.

Last edited:

those guys lived in China for over 10 years both are married to chinese women one of the wives is a doctor
the hygiene thing is not the first time they talked about the issue since the main problem is the spitting in public due to a belief that it cleanses you thus no harm is done.

not washing your hands with soap or washing you hands at all at those wet markets with animal blood and fluids everywhere

Good point, if true. I honestly have no knowledge about Chinese hygiene.

If true is not hard to find those guys have 3 youtube channels among them and vblogging is what they do most while travelling all over China.

it is more of a matter if you should even question a culture of over a billion people for doing something other cultures do not do.

the spitting in the street is one of this vblogger's biggest turn offs so he was videos going back many years talking about it

here 2012

I don't think I've watched many ADV China videos where they don't talk about it

this is a ride in Vietnam and still always goes back to talking about China

the real issue is the Wet Markets

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Sure you do britbong.

You are the one making the claim that harmful none [sic] ionizing radiation is produced by electric motors and batteries. Lemme guess, you don't ride the train for fear of your balls shrinking off as well. How about you provide some data to support your claims, instead of just throwing around insults, pigeon.
Do the research for your self.
I couldn't give a shit if you don't believe in none ionising radiation. Your health not mine.

I see the usual suspects are pushing paid actor videos. Those two got kicked out of China for financial/taxation reasons (they couldn't get their visa's renewed because one of them lied about his past work-winston was a mere english teacher but lied that he worked as a trainer for medical professionals-milk got dragged into it by association, since they had a motorcycle business together) and now live in Vietnam, farming anti-china youtube views from a poorer, less hygienic version of China. They now rely on stock footage and anonymous 'friends in china' sources for information. The irony would be delicious, if it weren't so sadly obvious. No doubt they are especially salty because they were forced to leave all their money and assets behind in China or at very least surrender them to their wife's families.

The only input they can bring to this situation is propaganda and fake news.

Anywhoo;

China Is Building a 1,000-Bed Hospital in 6 Days to Deal With the Coronavirus Outbreak

From a guy in Wuhan;

I am in Wuhan right now. I don't trust any information that are not from Chinese official news, WHO or someone that is directly involved in this outbreak (because I have seen and heard so many ridiculous rumors these days).

1. Wuhan is in a complete lockdown now. No one can leave unless permitted and necessary. No public transportation and no public gathering. There are several other cities in Hubei Province that are being quarantined too.
  2. Hospitals in Wuhan are completely over-whelmed by people who have shown symptoms like fever, cough and running nose, which are common in this season. The government is currently building a makeshift hospital to contain all the confirmed cases. Other provinces and cities are sending extra doctors and nurses to Wuhan to help out.
  3. Central government has sent Wuhan government a billion yuan as special medical fund. Right now Wuhan is in dire need of medical supplies, such as masks, goggles and hazard suits. Manufacturers of these supplies have recalled workers back to the production lines (with 300% more daily salary, of course).
  4. The number of confirmed cases is very likely to keep increasing quickly in the next few weeks, since there are thousands of suspected cases still waiting to be confirmed.

From the article;

The virus has now killed 26 people and infected 830 worldwide.

Good to see the death/infection rate keeps decreasing. No doubt many more are infected, but deaths are still very low.

Last edited:

lyan

Apparently it doesn't spread too easily and the death rate seems low, which are good things.
There is a video floating around supposedly from a medical staff in Wuhan which seem to claims the number of cases has arleady exceeded 90k and advises people to quarantine themselves. While I am highly skeptical of the credibility, whoever took it has guts since she is either exposing the government's lies or spreading false rumor since people in China sort of vanish after doing such a stunt.

eot

Banned
Well the MSM is making out Coronavirus is a brand new thing, yet here we have the 100% proof they had a vaccine ready 5 years ago.

You are low iq comrade. Infowars has more credibility than CNN.
You also show how low iq you are by completely ignoring the justia patent link! Are you going to say that is fake as well idiot?

You are the low iq idiot that doesn't even know what none ionising radiation is.
Your opinion is literally worthless.
I wasn't this bad of a poster even when I was below 13 and lying on the bbforum sign-up pages

I think we are all getting the wrong message from the Scary Main Stream Media bs

It really does not matter how low a number or kill %
The scary is the science the longer these are in humans the better the chance of it evolving into something that can become a truly scary killer. There is no treatments for any of these no shots will protect you.

meh not worried is my attitude as well but I am not shutting my eyes or even believing the numbers coming out of China

not sure how creditable it is so take it with a grain of salt. I've just seen these screen caps being posted by someone I know on WeChat. apparently the Chinese government is NOT accepting any over sea resource donation and they had even hold large quantities of supplies like face mask and stuff at the custom.

aMda0fP.jpg

uM4SBxV.jpg

Last edited:
not sure how creditable it is so take it with a grain of salt. I've just seen these screen caps being posted by someone I know on WeChat. apparently the Chinese government is NOT accepting any over sea resource donation and they had even hold large quantities of supplies like face mask and stuff at the custom.

aMda0fP.jpg

uM4SBxV.jpg
they mostly never accept outside help even after major earthquakes that kills tens of thousands some thing about FACE

Porcile

Weirdly, I was recently in contact with someone who works with someone who just came back from a trip to the city a direct high speed train from Wuhan lol. Well, it was a good life.

Weirdly, I was recently in contact with someone who works with someone who just came back from a trip to the city a direct high speed train from Wuhan lol. Well, it was a good life.
the world is small than we thing. No one has more high speed trains than China can't wait for that great new silk road project to make us even more connected

Meh, the Virus genome was just mapped by a Chinese team and posted to public medical boards for international teams to start working with. The SARS genome took 20 months to map due to limited computing power and nobody bothered to create vaccine as the outbreak was over by then; this one took mere days to map. We will have vaccine very soon that will target all 24 strains of this outbreak. An Australian team is already fabricating its own prototype vaccine.

Further details pertaining to patient zero seem to suggest that some Bats spread this to some farm animals and it then got spread to a person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom