• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Not much to do but wait for the container ships to stop arriving and reserve supplies to dry up. US gets 95% of prescription medicine from China, will be interesting to see what happens when that dries up.

Its interesting that every forum thread I follow on this virus (there are few), and even the reddit forums dedicated to it are slowing massively. I guess people are already moving on to the next thing.

Ornlu

Banned
Not much to do but wait for the container ships to stop arriving and reserve supplies to dry up. US gets 95% of prescription medicine from China, will be interesting to see what happens when that dries up.

Then the domestic med plants add a 2nd shift/extend worker's hours and eat into their profits for a month. I doubt there's a capacity issue when talking about US manufacturing capability.

God Enel

COVID-19 is such a dull name.

Then again here in the UK we’re currently being hit by storm Dennis.

Dennis.

3otcJaA.jpg

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I have said it before but shit like this will be what causes the biggest problem. A lot of politicians are going to have to answer some really sticky questions. Big pharma about to get shit on big time.

Best possible outcome? US passes legislation that requires companies that want to do business at all in the US make 30-50% of all drugs in the country with 100% US sourced supplies. The prices will go up but the diversification will help for the future.

Higher prices means fewer Doctors getting people hooked on opiods and other legal addictive drugs that Big Pharma pedals to the uninformed. Weed getting legalized to help with pain would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
that was expected but how will the markets react?

too late Delta too late

Last edited:

Sejan

Switches not available? Damn, shits gettting real!

It's not the stuff like that people should be concerned with, imagine infrastructure going down due to lack of spare parts and consumables.

It could have a bigger impact than that if it conit he’s like this. The PS4 sold more than a million consoles on launch day alone. Sony and Microsoft will likely begin production of launch units relatively soon. These companies are undoubtedly already working on preproduction planning and contracting factories to make millions of devices. If this drags on for a while, it’ is conceivable that it could affect the launch of the next generation of consoles.

Right now, Nintendo is trying to keep up with demand. Sony and Microsoft are trying to launch a console which requires far more stock. At minimum, Sony and MS are having meetings concerning contingency plans right now.

It could have a bigger impact than that if it conit he’s like this. The PS4 sold more than a million consoles on launch day alone. Sony and Microsoft will likely begin production of launch units relatively soon. These companies are undoubtedly already working on preproduction planning and contracting factories to make millions of devices. If this drags on for a while, it’ is conceivable that it could affect the launch of the next generation of consoles.

Right now, Nintendo is trying to keep up with demand. Sony and Microsoft are trying to launch a console which requires far more stock. At minimum, Sony and MS are having meetings concerning contingency plans right now.

Sony is going to delay and put this as the reason for the delay but the truth is they are seriously worried about the cost of the PS5 and a delay using this reason can only help them push back launch hoping costs drops.

You guys see that that book from 1981 predicted this. Maybe no predicted.. but this is wild! Down to the name and city. Pretty crazy.

OLD NEWS, MAN!

Also, an informative thread:

Based on 72K cases.

Only 1 teenager died, but 50+ jumps up big, and the CFR for 80+ is 14.8%! It's an old person murderer!

Today's first numbers...

+1807 new cases
+93 new deaths

+1223 new recovery cases

It is still spreading faster than they're getting healed, but it's getting close.

Very surprised to see the deaths dropping, that doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
I'll wait for the second numbers, I believe the numbers are a designed release

so I expect deaths to just break the 100 mark

I don't really trust the numbers but I do believe the old people are the ones dying

Sejan

Sony is going to delay and put this as the reason for the delay but the truth is they are seriously worried about the cost of the PS5 and a delay using this reason can only help them push back launch hoping costs drops.

Even if we see launch this holiday, this situation will certainly affect the launch. At minimum, this virus is further stressing component supply chains that were already struggling to keep up with demand. Factories that were already contracted to make certain products may not be able to begin new projects (PS4 and XBoxes) until the former contracts are completed. These weeks of factories being shut down will have ripples for a while to come.

Hopefully, everyone can get healthy as soon as possible and get us back to normalcy quickly.

Even if we see launch this holiday, this situation will certainly affect the launch. At minimum, this virus is further stressing component supply chains that were already struggling to keep up with demand. Factories that were already contracted to make certain products may not be able to begin new projects (PS4 and XBoxes) until the former contracts are completed. These weeks of factories being shut down will have ripples for a while to come.

Hopefully, everyone can get healthy as soon as possible and get us back to normalcy quickly.

I'll give this 3 more months of chaos the delays are a given. Apple has already made a statement of warning the other companies will have to follow as everyone should expect that you can't lockdown over 700 million people for a month without work without paying a great price.

that is a huge work force that was locked down, I think right now is too early 3 more months and we should know how bad it gets for company products

A failed Japanese Ebola drug has been modified and approved for use in china, after being found to work against the virus. The pandemic is over.

Last edited:

tbh I expect to see that a lot since they're rushing people back. It probably won't be bad enough to shut everything down again nationwide, but there will be pop-ups all over the place impacting business.

I wonder how normal viruses impact their factories?

Liljagare

I know people dying from this is heartbreaking, but, damn, the pets.

If you ever had a cat or dog, that lived on for 20-25 years, you'd understand this facet too.. This is heartbreaking too, and so sad.. alongside the human side of it all.

"Sometimes the tap water gives the pets diarrhea "

Fuck me, never lived in a place where tap water is that bad.. :( I am appreciateting our fresh water more and more.

Last edited:

nush

I know people dying from this is heartbreaking, but, damn, the pets.

If you ever had a cat or dog, that lived on for 20-25 years, you'd understand this facet too.. This is heartbreaking too, and so sad.. alongside the human side of it all.

"Sometimes the tap water gives the pets diarrhea "

Fuck me, never lived in a place where tap water is that bad.. :( I am appreciateting our fresh water more and more.

The water quality really will depend on how old or well maintained your building is. It's typically not mains water but from a tank on the roof, don't take any chances buy bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth.

nush

Still early to say, need some hard facts and not speculation for something of this magnitude.

Unless these scientists were ones that worked in the bioweapons research facility, they are still just civilians with no inside information. Being scientists they should be able to show thier working out not just present a conclusion.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

What has been speculated for weeks appears to be true.

It would make since if this was a failed, chinese specific, vaccine for one of their "white and black" people killing bioweapons that got out.

If you go by some old speeches by CCP brass they have a plan to cleanse North America of all whites, blacks and Mexicans. They are basically Nazis and believe in Eugenics.

Of coarse being a certain kind of Chinese makes you the chosen people. It's scary that we do business with these evil fucks.

Of coarse if they ever let the real thing loose the US and Russia would hit them with weaponized small pox (both countries have it) or we would just end the world in nuclear fire.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

Largest Study thus far done by the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CCDC) looked at all 72,314 cases of COVID-19 as of Feb 11, and have reached these conclusions:

• Some 80.9% of infections are classified as mild, 13.8% as severe and only 4.7% as critical.
  • For children up to 9, there have been no fatalities and up to the age of 39, the death rate remains low at 0.2%.
  • The highest fatality rate is for people aged 80 and older (14.8%)
  • Identifying which existing illnesses put patients at risk, the study finds cardiovascular disease at number one, followed by diabetes, chronic respiratory disease and hypertension
  • the paper says that a total of 3,019 health workers have been infected and five had died by 11 February
  • the paper found that "the epidemic curve of onset of symptoms" peaked around 23-26 January before declining up to 11 February.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Last edited:

Wwg1wga

Unless these scientists were ones that worked in the bioweapons research facility, they are still just civilians with no inside information. Being scientists they should be able to show thier working out not just present a conclusion.

RealGassy

Banned
You can't drop a nugget like that without explaining.
But there's nothing much to explain.
Eugenics are about picking and promoting "good genes".
People are already doing genetic testing at the prenatal phase on the fetus, to determine if doesn't have undesirable disease or traits. Opting to abort it if does. Same when looking for sperm-donors that have desirable physical and other attributes, etc.

Nowadays there's almost no outside enviromental pressure or threats, meaning genetic mutations and defects can easily accumulate and live on, since they are not culled due to natural causes.
People will do genetic modification on their babies, it's inevitable too.

The one positive is we'll be able to see how things are actually improving by the manufacturing results in China. If everything is getting better, they'll be ramping up ASAP and everything will be back to normal.

If they've been suppressing how bad it really is, we won't see this uptick, or it will be significantly smaller than expected.

If they continue to keep whole cities locked down, even after "everything is fine", we'll clearly know they're full of shit.

I doubt we'll ever get fixed, or accurate numbers of cases and deaths sadly, though I'd just go on and expect them to have been higher.

Breakage

24892508-8016839-image-a-46_1582045706045.jpg

Female Chinese medics 'are forced to' shave their heads to show their determination to fight coronavirus before being sent to epicentre Wuhan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom