• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k17 Changes From 2k16 - No Showcase Mode

Last WWE game I bought was 2K15 and I literally only played that for a few days. I wonder if this will be worth getting or maybe I'll skip out another year.

Skip, there aren't any gameplay changes that will make the game fun or give it any longevity. In fact they took away the showcase mode this year, so you don't even get to waste a day playing through that to relive some classic storylines.

Yukes makes great games. Wrestle Kingdom on PS2 was awesome. THQ started cutting into their budget to fund other games, they knew Wrestling would sell regardless, and 2K doesn't seem to be doing much better.

Sorry but those good games were 15-20 years ago. Lower budgets shouldn't have an effect on basic gameplay. They continually remove gameplay options and bring them back and tout them as new features and they never have issues funding new frustrating mini games to do simple things in the game making them less fun.

rapPtmD.jpg

Asuka and Bayley are in.

shanafan

Any of you holding out for the PC release? Stinks how it comes out months after, but the fact that it includes all the DLC (like 2K15 and 2K16 did), it does make the purchase a little more substantial.

styl3s

Any of you holding out for the PC release? Stinks how it comes out months after, but the fact that it includes all the DLC (like 2K15 and 2K16 did), it does make the purchase a little more substantial.
I'll buy both because i actually really, really enjoy the games.

Wow, after seeing the full roster video posted above, I'm definitely waiting until a sale or to snag it up for free with gold or ps plus. The roster is basically 2k16 minus a couple and they just included aj styles del rio and sack ryder. Yeah gonna hold off on this

Majukun

a couple of years ago i would have killed for a wwe game with aj styles,joe and goldberg as official characters,but i think i'm done with wrestling games,they never evolved as much i would have want,they have became stale

belushy

Banned
Some of those changes to career mode are pretty nice sounding...

Saw they still are not releasing the PC version at launch with the rest of the platforms :(

Some of those changes to career mode are pretty nice sounding...

Saw they still are not releasing the PC version at launch with the rest of the platforms :(

Same as before and it's a good thing, means it'll release with all the DLC included and you'll be able to get it for less than the console versions within a couple months if not sooner.

akileese

DLC should only be past stars and legends, not current main eventing superstars. Or stars that weren't in the business at the time of the game's creation.

Current roster should always be in the damn game.

Just remember that current roster at time of development and and current roster now are two VERY different things. They most likely had to add them very late in development and they're simply not ready yet.

shanafan

Same as before and it's a good thing, means it'll release with all the DLC included and you'll be able to get it for less than the console versions within a couple months if not sooner.

True, but you are missing out on the NXT Edition, which is for consoles only :(

I rather get the PC version and skip on the NXT Edition, but I'd rather play now.

Branson

Maybe like 6 months actually if past ones are to go by. And with save game corruption in the last couple. They aren't super great ports.

Backflip

Still can't create new thread for some reason so I'll post it here.

During a WWE 2K17 event I attended in London last week, I asked Mark Little from Visual Concepts if WWE 2K17 would get a PS4 Pro update. Here is his answer:

Yeah. That's actually something we're looking at. We can't really talk a
lot about it yet but we'll have some announcement about PS4 Pro and WWE
2K17.

If you want to use this quote, please link to my original story: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62533-ps4-pro-une-mise-a-jour-pour-wwe-2k17-la-reponse-de-2k

Also, here is some new PS4 gameplay: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62549-wwe-2k17-on-a-joue-a-une-version-ps4-complete-impressions-et

NovaCross

Neo Member

During a WWE 2K17 event I attended in London last week, I asked Mark Little from Visual Concepts if WWE 2K17 would get a PS4 Pro update. Here is his answer:

If you want to use this quote, please link to my original story: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62533-ps4-pro-une-mise-a-jour-pour-wwe-2k17-la-reponse-de-2k

Also, here is some news PS4 gameplay: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62549-wwe-2k17-on-a-joue-a-une-version-ps4-complete-impressions-et

Thanks for this. I think PS4Pro is something the WWE Games can benefit from greatly.

FDC1

Also, here is some news PS4 gameplay: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/62549-wwe-2k17-on-a-joue-a-une-version-ps4-complete-impressions-et

You can't create topics because you're a junior member. You need to have 300 posts (correct me guys if I'm wrong) to become a "true" member.

Backflip

You can't create topics because you're a junior member. You need to have 300 posts (correct me guys if I'm wrong) to become a "true" member.

I know, I have been here since 2007. My thread creation privileges were DELETED a few years ago for reasons unbeknownst to me. I believe I should be allowed to create new threads again but I don't know who to ask.

FDC1

I know, I have been here since 2007. My thread creation privileges were DELETED a few years ago for reasons unbeknownst to me. I believe I should be allowed to create new threads again but I don't know who to ask.

Try to find a mod online and send him a MP, you have probably been "juniored" at some point by one of them.

adj_noun

I can't figure out that promo mode for the life of me. I hope there's more to it (they say stuff about going with or against the crowd) but...I mean, the whole thing looks like a pretty darn arbitrary guessing game right now.

I've never really understood why they don't have you select from clearly defined face or heel responses. I shouldn't suddenly be giving a face promo because the summary text looked heelish.

They took out showcase... and all you have now is universe and career mode! Are they seriously gonna cut content and just update those 2 modes...

Top Bottom