• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Might Be The Most Broken Game From a Major Publisher in Some Time GIF HEAVY

Hasney

dean-ambrose-gif-18.gif

I will always remember the year VGCW was blowing up and that years WWE game they used had a glitch where the AI would NEVER kick out at a 2 count ever.

So every match ended with a kickout at 1 or it was over

Never patched but it was fixed in the following years game

It's what happens when you continue to build and build on the same wonky foundations for over a decade. The WWE games are the only big wrestling game around,so similarly to the product it's based on,with no real competition there's no need to improve upon things as folks will still buy it.

I had hoped during the switch from THQ to 2K they'd drop yukes at some point.... But they seem more than happy to just let them work away on the cheap rather than bring the series in house to a new engine.

Its gonna be the same problems for as long as there's no need to improve.

Floex

Yet the community continues to buy these games in droves.

My sympathy has long gone for people who buy WWE games in this state.

Shauni

Looks like a WWE game to me.

Uh, even though I haven't played one for awhile, I feel like I have never heard of the kind of issues he's having on this scale. Like, the entire single player seems completely broken. Has it been that bad in year's past?

Heman

The more 'sports simulation' these games become, the less they seem to be enjoyable or even functional. I had bought every single one of them til 2k15 and at that point even I saw the writing on the wall.

Just the idea to make them like competitive sports and not spectacle like is stupid considering the nature of the WWE.

Hasney

Uh, even though I haven't played one for awhile, I feel like I have never heard of the kind of issues he's having on this scale. Like, the entire single player seems completely broken. Has it been that bad in year's past?

No. It's been stale and tedious in previous years and the ideas they had to shake it up are actually good. They just broke the entire thing right out of the gate.

LOUD915

I play 15 hours of video games a week.

I watch about 5-8 hours of WWE wrestling every single week.

I haven't even considered buying a WWE wrestling game in almost a decade.

Please for the love of god Vince McMahon, give this game to another publisher/developer.

Hasney

OP - have you played Fire Pro Wrestling? I think you'd get considerably more enjoyment out of it.

Yeah, I got it day 1 and even some creations up. I love it. Hell, I even get enjoyment out of how broken the MDickie wrestling games are they're so ridiculous.

I would have skipped this, but since I'm a wrestling and video game fan and my birthday is in October, I usually get the game.

I still find it hilarious how the hell you managed to break it so bad, worst thing to happen to me was win a particular match a certain way, I lost but they said I won. Lol

It wouldn't be a WWE game if it's not broken.

Buy Fire Pro Wrestling instead, folks.
I own fire pro but I don't find it as fun as this game honestly, not as much to do and the gameplay isn't my cup of tea.

Not bought a WWE game in years because I just got tired of the same shit from Yukes. They need to give the WWE license to someone else fast.

fhqwhgads

It's funny how the more cartoony outlandish games in the series are more grounded in their actual state whilst the realistic games are always ridiculously broken and get crazier than any of the old style games ever got.

Not bought a WWE game in years because I just got tired of the same shit from Yukes. They need to give the WWE license to someone else fast.

The same people still buy the game every single year hoping it gets better, unless the sale suddenly tank you cause will be developing his game long after we are still on this planet

I swear every fucking year Yukes talking about how itnhas improved the engine “dramatically”

Musolf815

The more 'sports simulation' these games become, the less they seem to be enjoyable or even functional. I had bought every single one of them til 2k15 and at that point even I saw the writing on the wall.

Just the idea to make them like competitive sports and not spectacle like is stupid considering the nature of the WWE.
Same experience for me, 2K15 was the first WWE game I straight up didn't buy. The more sim they make them the less they try and make a fun game.

Sephzilla

The glitches are hilarious but it's amazing what the current state of this game appears to be, based on everything I've seen. I know the term "lazy dev" is kind of frowned upon, but Yukes is one of those exceptions where I actually do begin to question whether or not that team is simply lazy when it comes to developing these games. Some of these bugs would have been discovered and likely fixed with even the most elementary level QA

KissVibes

Banned
While Yukes shares responsibility and blame for years of issues within their WWE games, it is ultimately on 2k for releasing such an absolute shitshow of a game. Shame on those buying it too.

Every year they give the same bullet points, like how they've got an entirely new lighting and animation engine, the online experience is improved, and there are more fixes to the core gameplay. The the game comes out and the characters still look like shit compared to NBA 2k18 and EA Sport titles, the online is still shitty, and bugs from 3-4 games ago are still repeatable and now there are new ones! GREAT JOB 2k

To twist the knife even more, WWE 2k has all that VC bullshit too! Thanks 2k.

Yukes can make good games when they need to. Their THQ UFC games were good and had pretty great likenesses too. But, even if Yukes was a z tier developer and every one of their games were awful, 2k approves their work and pushes out a shitty broken game that marks buy every goddamn year.

They then pull their best Bray Wyatt impression trying to convince themselves and others that they didn't get conned for another year and that they totally spent $59.99 (+ tax) ironically and bugs and bad controls are what really makes it fun.

Or maybe they just enjoy the punishment. Wrestling fans love to suffer. They'll be doing three hours of suffering tonight when RAW starts at 8pm EST on the USA Network.

Real goddamn shame WWE went with 2k and not EA.

What were the best versions of the Yukes WWE games?

I know Here Comes the Pain, but wasn’t the last couple of last gen games (before any next gen versions) pretty like 2k13? 2k14?

Honestly as a lapsed fan it’s not even like the new rosters are a selling point. Give me a full attitude era game of WWF, WCW/nWo, ECW.

Top Bottom