• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Might Be The Most Broken Game From a Major Publisher in Some Time GIF HEAVY

Downhome

It's just so sad. I bought pretty much every wrestling game since the original on the NES up until a few years ago. I just had to stop with the Smackdown games, I had to. The last one that I bought was 2K14 I believe, the one where you could relive the various WrestleMania moments. I did dig that quite a bit, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I've pretty much ignored them since, hoping things will change for the better. I keep up with the games, read comments, see reviews, but it's beyond time for something different.

It really sucks, the new game was one of the main highlights of each year in terms of gaming for me. It says a lot that they have turned off someone like me after all of these years. I don't even have it in me to dream of them bringing back something in the style of the old AKI games anymore. It's never going to happen. Blah.

Hasney

There were a lot more WWE 2K17 glitch videos and gifs posted shortly after the release.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1292261

They're weren't a lot more, a lot of those are from previous games. Even New Legacy are amazed they broke the fame in so many ways this quick.

Even then, if it was just funny in ring glitches, I'd laugh and move on. This has entire modes that are broken and I've had the second year of career lightly it seems. Some people have had progress be totally locked off because the game forgot hk their partner was or who they're managing and they never show up.

Hasney

Shane McMahon Interferes Twice Because He Really Wants an Imaginary Tag Title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRj5kBTeXsI

Then the match after was this:

DMahJ2UWAAAjfWe.jpg:large

While the actual match was this

Rellik

The funny thing is back in the day, apparently WWE actually cared about the perception of the quality of their games. The reason they switched from Acclaim to THQ/AKI was because of the perception that WCW had the much better game.

They probably just write the check and go "whatever" now.

Back then the WWE actually cared about a lot of things because big bad Ted Turner was destroying Vince McMahon. And it paid off in the end. Now there is a lot they don't give a toss about because you can act like that when you're the only dog in the yard. Obviously the video games is one of those things. To them it's no different than a John Cena foam finger. It's just some money making merch that fan boys keep buying and moaning about every year.

This is too much. Just...WOW.

These games have fallen so damn far since the time I played them.

No Mercy on N64 and Here Comes the Pain on PS2 might as well have been a lifetime ago. So sad. These games used to be my competitive “bread and butter” for a long time. I was so good at No Mercy back in the day, I won a huge tournament that a video game store put on.

Thanks for the thread, OP. You suffered so the rest of us don’t have to...and we get to enjoy the constant stream of hilarity.

Newboi

I absolutely can't wait to see a Monster Factory episode done with 2k18! Hopefully this game just keeps on giving.

atr0cious

The funny thing is back in the day, apparently WWE actually cared about the perception of the quality of their games. The reason they switched from Acclaim to THQ/AKI was because of the perception that WCW had the much better game.

They probably just write the check and go "whatever" now.
The best promo The Rock ever cut is for AKI. He says something like, the rock doesn't press back left down x right square to do the people's elbow.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
The loss of AKI in the wrestling game genre is something that still makes me sad even almost 20 years after No Mercy. We miss you AKI.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
yeah the game is riddled with bugs

the gameplay etc is still fun but it does bring it down

I don’t know bro, those gifs looks pretty freaking hilarious to me. I can’t see myself a WWE very seriously anyway. Looks like a fun game to play with friends, drink and laugh at how bad it is.

Zafir

Oh my god. These gifs are comedy gold. It reminds me of that FIFA gif thread.

At least most of them look like the humorous kind of issues... Small comfort? XD

Alfredo

It's so appropriate that these games get released in October, 'cause it's clearly horror game of the year. These glitches are sometimes just straight up freaky.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sigh

uKMXLG9.png

QNE4ab2.png

It showed Gargano as Ohno too in the after fight scene

Oh and it shows 4 controller inputs, when I'm only using 2, its a clusterfuck selecting people as it tries to get me to use 2 people per controller.

Top Bottom