• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 |OT| Neville May Walk Out, But Yuke's Are Still Here For You

Branson

I got way too excited when they first announced WWE2K for PC because I figured the modding community would somehow be able to make the game good. But it just hasn't happened.
And a more niche title like Fire Pro has better modding support and actual support from the developers for it. Some good stuff for that game already. I was hoping for more on these pc versions too.

Also Styles looks like a crackhead.
75d06f6929.PNG

It's like Jim Caviezel going too far to become Jesus in passion of the christ

And a more niche title like Fire Pro has better modding support and actual support from the developers for it. Some good stuff for that game already. I was hoping for more on these pc versions too.

Any idea why the ring textures I downloaded are only appearing on the mat itself? I have the CZ mood, patcher thing and all the mat textures, but it only puts the apron and mat logo on the mat.

Other than that I'm loving it. Any comprehensive mods that add real world belts, teams, etc?

Jesus Christ, I hate how they can't even be arsed to get younger versions of the wrestlers to look right. They always just take the current face and change the hair.
443b01dd97f059e9-600x400.jpg

They've done the same shit with Big Show and Undertaker in previous games.
maxresdefault.jpg

312df724c28a07ed47c662ec0e2a80de.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

147932089fabef7870a1acee421b62ad--deities-wwe-champions.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Jesus Christ, I hate how they can't even be arsed to get younger versions of the wrestlers to look right. They always just take the current face and change the hair.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

LOL just a special kind of laziness.

Branson

Any idea why the ring textures I downloaded are only appearing on the mat itself? I have the CZ mood, patcher thing and all the mat textures, but it only puts the apron and mat logo on the mat.

Other than that I'm loving it. Any comprehensive mods that add real world belts, teams, etc?
Not sure I’ve only used gameplay specific mods like more blood on the mat and weapon damage on ground weapons on stuff like that. I’m still building out my roster with CAWs and stuff. I use the patcher with CZ mod.

Probably should move this to the FPW topic lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not sure I’ve only used gameplay specific mods like more blood on the mat and weapon damage on ground weapons on stuff like that. I’m still building out my roster with CAWs and stuff. I use the patcher with CZ mod.

Probably should move this to the FPW topic lol.
Sorry to be a bother but could you pm me or quote me with some good mods for fire pro?

Thabass

Yeah, he walked out before Raw on Monday and apparently asked for his release. Not been granted yet though, so he can still return.

PW Torch says otherwise. Apparently he wasn't even at Raw and that the decision to not use him was something they had planned that day.

Thabass

At least the rope physics are good...

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

That's what happens when you put 200 characters in a game...

Thankfully my kid won’t care how crappy this ends up, but I’m going to be stuck playing it with him a lot. Man this is looking rough. Like usual.
Too bad there’s no Neville showcase mode like 2K15 had after Punk walked.

Count me in as one of the few people who's hyped. I didn't play last years, but I thought the gameplay of 2k16 was good, and this new one seems to fix my main issues with career mode in particular, plus the roster looks amazing. I know this series is easy for a lot of people to rag on, but personally I love some of the little things they've added throughout the years, like limited reversals for one thing. Here Comes the Pain and Day of Reckoning were amazing, but they could quickly turn into reversal fests. Also, I love Fire Pro. I have almost 100 hours on the recent game, but let's not pretend that series doesn't have it's own problems, such as striking, and the fact that it almost looks indistinguishable graphically from the 17 year old Dreamcast version, and plays basically the same too. For whatever reason, that series seems to get a free pass with it's failure to innovate, while WWE 2K catches all the flack.

Anth0ny

Count me in as one of the few people who's hyped. I didn't play last years, but I thought the gameplay of 2k16 was good, and this new one seems to fix my main issues with career mode in particular, plus the roster looks amazing. I know this series is easy for a lot of people to rag on, but personally I love some of the little things they've added throughout the years, like limited reversals for one thing. Here Comes the Pain and Day of Reckoning were amazing, but they could quickly turn into reversal fests. Also, I love Fire Pro. I have almost 100 hours on the recent game, but let's not pretend that series doesn't have it's own problems, such as striking, and the fact that it almost looks indistinguishable graphically from the 17 year old Dreamcast version, and plays basically the same too. For whatever reason, that series seems to get a free pass with it's failure to innovate, while WWE 2K catches all the flack.

i mean

wwe2k18 looks WORSE than the 17 year old N64 game

I haven't played a wrestling game since the PS1/N64 era, but I think this is the best roster they've had in the last few years. I'm pretty tempted and hoping that these games can't be as bad as I've heard.

i mean

wwe2k18 looks WORSE than the 17 year old N64 game

Graphically worse? Of course not.

Gameplay wise? Different strokes. No Mercy is still one of my favorite games of all time, and in many ways it still holds up. I even have an updated current day roster for it and still play it occasionally. However, It just can't compete in many ways with the current 2K games in terms of realism, presentation, match types (TLC, Hell in a Cell etc). Basically, I appreciate both games for different reasons, and while I'd love a spiritual successor to No Mercy, I still appreciate what we have these days from Yukes.

Top Bottom