• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 Roster Reveal (In Progress)

Has the game play at least been a little improved over last year? I couldn't get into the last game when I bought it on sale but I'll admit to only spending three or four hours before giving up on it. I just felt it was clunky, inaccurate and slow.

dubq

Has the game play at least been a little improved over last year? I couldn't get into the last game when I bought it on sale but I'll admit to only spending three or four hours before giving up on it. I just felt it was clunky, inaccurate and slow.

We haven't really seen anything too extensive on gameplay. :(

I haven't picked up one of these in a long time, so I guess I'm due. So the roster looks good. The graphics still look meh. But my question is what can I expect from the gameplay? Maybe I'm old school, but the N64 wrestling games were probably my favorite.
Don't expect arcade style gameplay. 2K is really pushing for a more simulation-style game, which includes a couple QTEs, as well as a more realistic approach to fatigue, ring style, and capabilities. If you run too much, your character will get tired. If you pick up someone heavy, you will get tired and potentially collapse. If you are weak or injured, it will be hard to break a pin or resist submitting. Every superstar is unique in the way they fight, and the AI will respond in ways that reflect the character being controlled. There are a lot of people who don't like this change in style, but I personally think it's a ton of fun and adds dynamic and depth to every match. Victories feel truly rewarding now, and matches can get pretty intense. I've sat on the edge of my seat numerous times, trying my hardest to figure out a way to still win a match after taking a serious beating. It's a lot of fun to me, and I'd definitely suggest at least giving it a shot.

adj_noun

"We're all along for the ride on this one! But make no mistake about it! We're going to have a winner!"

Commentary is still golden I see.

I think this game has everyone I'd ever want except Hogan, Slaughter, Dibiase, Yoko, and Punk. Damn tempting.

Well, and Owen and Krispin but I know we're never getting them.

Shauni

"We're all along for the ride on this one! But make no mistake about it! We're going to have a winner!"

Commentary is still golden I see.

"Last time it was this loud is when we were here for the Royal Rumble" said as the ring says Royal Rumble

Effect

I hope the Switch version of this is good. This is the 2K game I want. Looking at those gameplay videos there is no reason I can see why the Switch version shouldn't look on par with the other versions. There is a ton of blurry and low res textures in everything that isn't the wrestlers and the ref. Even the ring doesn't look that detailed.

Top Bottom