• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K18 Roster Reveal (In Progress)

18-Volt

Who wants to play the annual game of "What WWE superstar debuted in 2017 but won't make the WWE 2K18 Roster without purchasing extra DLC."

In WWE 2K17 it was Shinsuke Nakamura (signed January 27, 2016. Only available after purchasing "NXT Enhancement" Pack)

Feels like the 2K Models always have uncanny valley around their jaws. I'm not sure what the solution is there.

My guess is, Drew McIntyre, Mike and Maria Kanellis, The Velveteen Dream they're all going to be DLC.

Recent signings, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, Lio Rush, Donovan Dijak, Marcel Barthel, Montez Ford, Kairi Sane, Shayna Blazsler won't be a part of the roster.

Some of the inactive NXT guys might also be left out, like TM-61 and Sawyer Fulton. Edit: Fulton is in, maybe there's a chance for TM-61 too.

47 Wrestlers revealed in the IGN article.

[Bray Wyatt
Dolph Ziggler
Sami Zayn
Dean Ambrose
Baron Corbin
Kalisto
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Hideo Itami
Eric Young
Jinder Mahal
Bushwacker Butch
Bushwacker Luke
Konnor
Viktor
Cesaro
Sheamus
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Nikki Cross
Alundra Blayze
Emma
Lita
Summer Rae
Paige
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
British Bulldog
Buddy Roberts
Diamond Dallas Page
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Dusty Rhodes
The Undertaker
Big Show
Andre the Giant
Kane
Diesel (and Kevin Nash)
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Sawyer Fulton
Alexander Wolfe
Killian Dain
Braun Strowman
Goldust

I wonder what this year's alternative Kane will be? Banking on 2001 attire at last.

Oh neat, Nikki cross, hopefully she doesn't look like booty butt cheeks.

Cool to see all of SanItY in the game, even Sawyer Fulton, who was a member for like 2 weeks before he got injured.

Graphically it doesn't look much better than 2k17 (surprise surprise) but the 8-player matches alone are going to make this a lot more fun.

Also Tozawa means Cruiserweights will be featured in the game, hopefully he's just the beginning - would love to see Rich Swann, Jack Gallagher, Cedric Alexander, and Noam Dar.

IronLich

Waiting for those Bobby Roode, TJ Perkins, and Hardy Boyz reveals.

That being said, 47 all at once? We are spoiled.

My guess is, Drew McIntyre, Mike and Maria Kanellis, The Velveteen Dream they're all going to be DLC.

Recent signings, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, Lio Rush, Donovan Dijak, Marcel Barthel, Montez Ford, Kairi Sane, Shayna Blazsler won't be a part of the roster.

Some of the inactive NXT guys might also be left out, like TM-61 and Sawyer Fulton. Edit: Fulton is in, maybe there's a chance for TM-61 too.

WTF, Lio Rush got signed? Yoooo...

Hasney

Needs more legends.

They'll be peppered in. If there's over 150, there will be a fair few.

Getting as much of the current roster in as possible should be and is the priority. For the last few years they haven't deleted any legends though unless deals expired, so most of 2k17's non-active roster should carry over.

Hasney

Let's just say my fears for the women haven't been put to rest yet

iFSnTVg.png

There's a new Sanity Entrance video..

Besides the new lighting system, the game looks the same.. especially with the horrid commentary and announcer.

enewtabie

I buy these games every year, but I wish they would do Roster/updates. I say that I'm going to try to make the game represent real life WWE(Heels,Face,groups) and it ends taking more time to do that than just playing the game.

I just want to run WWE as my promotion and have control over it. Universe mode never really seems to do what I hope it would do.

Thumbs up, just saw Dijak live a couple weeks ago.

Hasney

Corey sounds better than King ever did, but sheesh, what's with the generic ass commentary about someone looking motivated or some BS? Just shut up if you have nothing relevant to say.

GavinUK86

Yikes. They look terrible.

And why is Nikki Cross so thin? Did they copy and paste the default supermodel body for all the women?

KODWxcl.png

I see they still haven't done anything about the wrestlers never actually coming out from the back for their entrances. They just appear out of nowhere.

norm9

I'll stick to the GwG WWE 2K? that I have downloaded on my xbox and Fire Pro on pc. WWE is always disappointing. Literally every year a disappointment.

Some of these actually look really good. Im shocked. If only they could just abandon this gameplay and completely re-do everything. This game is just boring.

OP has been updated.

I'm really happy with what was revealed today! Some of the names, like Killian, are pretty telling of who else is probably guaranteed to have made the cut this year. Just thinking about some of the current NXT stars that can be on the game gets me hyped. Seeing Tozawa was nice to see too, and quite reassuring. Trish is all but confirmed too now, which makes me very happy. I know there was a pretty low chance of her not making it in the first place, but you can never be sure after what they pulled in '14 and '15.

As for the graphics.. eh. I expected to see a bit of a drop in quality between the still promo photos and live action shots. Games still looks great to me, though!

I can see them adding in Legends from WWE Champions. Hacksaw, Yokozuna, Big John Stud, Classic Goldust, Big John Stud and IRS. RVD and Batista are already confirmed so I can see all the above being in ass well.

If they dont put Hogan back in than they need to put his animations and moves in the CAS. This made me not download any Hogan CAS.

cordy

Banned
Another new feature added, meant to enhance both gameplay and story, is the notion of the quick pin - the idea that one player can land a schoolboy roll-up or a crucifix-style leverage pin, ending a bout quickly, just like the matches on TV sometimes. To aid this, there are now 12 different new match interference scenarios - from run-ins to walk-ins to just entrance music blaring - that will create a targeted distraction and open up a quick pin window. After the bell, the loser, still with full energy, will then have the option of beating down whoever it was that just scored the "fluke win."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...-6-changes-that-create-a-more-realistic-match

Interesting lol.

Top Bottom