• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWG: Red Dead Redemption 2 Cross-play Support Being Discussed

Steiner

Banned
Article here.

We’ve heard from multiple sources that Rockstar has recently been pursuing cross-platform multiplayer across Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of Red Dead Redemption 2. We first picked up word of this in May from a reputable inside source at Rockstar that has revealed correct information to us in the past regarding the timing of Red Dead 2 announcements.

Deny this thread to protect the children if irrelevant.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Not saying they are wrong, but who are WWG? I have never heard of them before.

Awesome if true!

XandBosch

Nintendo be over there like:

"If Sony won't do it...."

reggie-fils-aime-shrug.jpg

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I really honestly fail to see how crossplay hurts Sony. I may be ignorant, but I just don't. Not doing crossplay if crossplay isn't hurting the actual gameplay for technical reasons just makes Sony seem like assholes.

hobozero

Rockstar makes SO MUCH BANK off GTA Online - if cross play gets them more players and/or greater retention, they will make it happen regardless of the platform owner's stance. Expect a massive push for "RDR Online" shortly after the game launches.

DataGhost

It can happen at the sacrifice of PC (if it releases there) losing mod support. Could be why they decided to declare it illegal for GTA V as a prempt

Keinning

Let's pretend this is coming from a reputable, known source for the sake of discussion

if Sony says "no" to Rockstar then ps4-other consoles is never happening. and i don't think sony would be willing to allow crossplay for RDR2, specially not when they got the marketing deal to push sales for them to the max

Zedox

If they can't get Sony on board, Rockstar...just get it working with PC and Xbox. I wish Sony wouldn't do that though.

Wouldn't get your hopes up. Sony doesn't need to bow to Rockstar. They can tell them no and not a thing would change as far as their support.

FelipeMGM

eeh, there is a reason we hardly hear rumors about Rockstar, so Im not going to put a lot of faith on this one. No shade on Liam tho, he is a good dude

This game is going to be rated M for mature.

There is absolutely no excuse this time Sony since kids can't play it anyway, right?

Kyoufu

Denying an online Rockstar game from supporting cross-play wouldn't be about protecting our children.

It'd be about protecting us from the children.

Toki767

I said it before that the big third party publishers have to be the ones to push cross-play if Sony are going to agree to it.

Even though Minecraft is the single biggest game, the other third parties are the ones that have to want to make it happen in the end.

Blam

Honestly would be quite surprised if RDR2 is enough to force Sony's hand into Crossplay. I'll laugh my ass off if it does happen, because then that's just Sony undervaluing games, and features within them.

Top Bottom