• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Trailer 2

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I’m gonna see it, and I all probably enjoy it

The reports of screenings bombing concern me, but there have been plenty of critically panned movies that I enjoyed, especially when it comes to superhero movies

I’ll enjoy what I can from this cast while I wait to see what MCU does with X-men castings

Last edited:

Ovek

May 30, 2013
I'll go watch it. Sophie Turner is a terrible actress and dedicating basically an entire movie around her having to do relatively complex emotions takes major balls and I respect that.

I also think the part in the trailer with Phoenix walking toward Magneto and all you she is her ankle and heels is sexy as hell... oh god am I weird?!

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I'll go watch it. Sophie Turner is a terrible actress and dedicating basically an entire movie around her having to do relatively complex emotions takes major balls and I respect that.

I also think the part in the trailer with Phoenix walking toward Magneto and all you she is her ankle and heels is sexy as hell... oh god am I weird?!

AgentP

Jun 5, 2011
Who is the blond supposed to be? I hope they don't ruin this like the last movie. I grew up on the comic book phoenix story line and I hate to see a bad Hollywood version.

Duellist

Sep 6, 2018
Looks pretty good. However, they can make any trailer look good so who knows Lol l. Been looking forward to this for awhile so hopefully its decent.

Space Runaway

Sep 5, 2018
Man this looks worse than Apocalypse and Sophie Turner is legit abysmal in this trailer footage. Unless this turns out to be a surprise then I'm relegating this to netflix while mega-bored viewing.

TGO

Sep 5, 2007
UK
Looks better than Captain Marvel.
Will see...
BTW Comic Experts, am I right in thinking Phoenix would literally Obliterate Cap Marvel with a twitch.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Looks better than Captain Marvel.
Will see...
BTW Comic Experts, am I right in thinking Phoenix would literally Obliterate Cap Marvel with a twitch.
Depends. Marvel keeps on boosting Captain Marvel powers with every reboot and she has been rebooted like 7 times.

But generally speaking yes, Phoenix can kill pretty much anyone that isn't a god or Galactus/Eternal level

Last edited:

O-N-E

Jul 11, 2018
Sophie Turner really is a poor actress most of the time, especially as a hero, and even more especially as a hero with an American accent.

That makes me curious though, who would actually be a good fit for the role?

Kadayi

Probable Replicant
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
Could be cool. It's a pity that they cast Sansa Stark though because I'll be honest I don't think of her as much of an actress outside of Thrones.

kunonabi

Dec 2, 2010
Looks like another terrible X-Men movie. I'll pass as I don't want to waste 2 hours watching Turner's "acting"

Eraroten

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2017
Lmao, they are truly gonna kill Mystique early on in that town scene, cause Jennifer clearly was already visibly bored of this franchise in the previous movies. xD

Last edited:

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
Not going to watch it because I am going to watch the movie anyways. Rather not spoil anything for me. I know this series of x-men has been up and down as far as what people want but I enjoy the whole series. Of course the first 2 movies were pretty great and apocalypse left something to be desired but I still liked it

gioGAF

Jun 14, 2011
That was a long ass trailer. Although prior outings have been rough for this particular franchise, that looked like something I would be interested in watching. Hope it turns out well, crosses fingers.

嫩翼

so it's not nice
Apr 2, 2013
香港
TBH I'll give it a shot. I like Sophie Turner anyway (real hottie) and Phoenix is my favorite hero in the Universe.

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
I love McAvoy and Fassbender and pretty much the rest of the cast. I love some of the imagery I'm seeing. Really cool horror vibes in there. Girl is on fire, floating ominously in the clouds at night. Awesome.

I just don't like the girl playing Jean. And it sucks because this movie centers around her. You can get any redhead instagram model, put her in the role and spit out the same thing. There's nothing for me to think she's important and interesting. I don't see any conflict in her eyes. She seems to be aware that she's attractive and looks cool in her role.

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
Looks about as bad as Apocalypse. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Also lol at mystique. You can tell they basically said yes to every demand from Lawrence just to keep her. Not only does it look like she will be killed early on but the makeup (which is apparently what she hated the most about the role) now looks like they did little more than paint her blue

Uhtred

May 24, 2017

Not at all

Last edited:

Dice

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2004
Could this possibly look/sound more cookie-cutter? Whatever company publishers hire to do these trailers really needs a massive overhaul. All the exact same shit (especially sound) since Inception.

trikster40

Dec 12, 2008
Wow, looked better than the first trailer and better than I expected. I’m in, although Apocalypse was abysmal.

MC Safety

Jun 9, 2004
I'll watch it, although I guess someone already did Dark Phoenix the movie.

I'm a fan of the morning matinee, and they can't all be gems.

Sophie Turner really is a poor actress most of the time, especially as a hero, and even more especially as a hero with an American accent.

That makes me curious though, who would actually be a good fit for the role?
Maybe Katherine McNamara.

Last edited:

Paracelsus

Jun 24, 2007
Who is the blond supposed to be? I hope they don't ruin this like the last movie. I grew up on the comic book phoenix story line and I hate to see a bad Hollywood version.
Most likely a skrull.

MC Safety

Jun 9, 2004
I'd thought it was a member of the
Hellfire Club. As in, the White Queen.

Last edited:

Elcid

Jul 27, 2018
Are we all watching the same trailer? This looks like pure dogshit. I wouldn't even watch it for free. That's ~2 hours I can do literally anything else.

RPS37

Nov 16, 2006
I loved Days of Future Past and hated Apocalypse...so I have hopes for this

Last edited: