• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X Morph - TD/shmup hybrid w/ giant mechs, tactical destruction (Out now, PS4/XB1/PC)

I think this might have the coolest and best use of environmental destruction that I've seen in a game since Red Faction: Guerrilla.

TestyUnitedHuia.gif
VacantRepulsiveAsiandamselfly.gif

JoyousLivelyIndochinesetiger.gif
CraftyImportantJerboa.gif

http://www.xmorphdefense.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/408410/XMorph_Defense/
Trailer

Gameplay clips:
Intense action
Strategic building destruction
Skyscraper dominoes
Creating a maze of death
Massive destruction
Dynamic forest fire
Co-op gameplay

A unique fusion of a top down shooter and tower defense strategy. You are the X-Morph - an alien species that invades Earth to harvest its resources and terraform the surface. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into heat of the battle.

Build mazes for incoming enemies in an environment that provides exceptional planning freedom. Tear down buildings and collapse bridges to support your defense or to simply indulge in a spectacle of unprecedented destruction. Possess a range of unique alien weapons and use defense strategies like you've never seen before in this genre.

As the X-Morph fighter you can engage enemy units directly with a diverse arsenal of weapons. There are four distinct forms which specialize in dealing with different kinds of threats. Each form has a basic attack and a special charged attack mode. The Plasma Fighter is the most universal one - good at destroying both air and ground units. The Dark Matter Bomber is great at decimating groups of ground units. It can slow down time and release a dark matter bomb that can cut down buildings. The Shredder fighter is perfect for annihilating large numbers of human air units. Finally the Laser Destroyer is best for smelting large single units.

CamHostage

Looks really pretty (could just use a small effect on glass when buildings topple, even if it just replaced the smooth, glossy texture with a layer of cracks I think it'd be more convincing,) and I really dig the concept for a full-action TD game.

Exor Studio makes some high-octane throwback stuff (Zombie Driver, something called D.I.P.R.I.P.) and I like that this is both a traditional and new gameplay project. Bring it on.

Wow, looks great. Combines two genre I like as well. Definitely will keep an eye on this.

*edit* Checked the steam board. so no release date but they did talk about summer.

Yes please.

Played Project Root awhile back and seen a game called Blue Rider lately that have a similar looking open, 360 shmup thing going on, but this looks way more shmuppy and visually ambitious than those. No tower defense component either, ofc. Interesting idea.

FloatOn

this reminds me of the Anomaly series in a way.

I haven't played a good tower defense game in awhile so I may get on this sooner rather than later.

Tokubetsu

kinda reminds of that game from a few years back where you drove around in a buggy shooting stuff in a gi joe style world

PawelLekki

Neo Member
Hi Everyone :) My name is Paweł Lekki and I'm a producer/designer on X-Morph Defense. I just found this thread and wanted to say "hello" to NeoGaf. Great to hear that you like what we've shown so far! You can also check out this 3 minute 4K gameplay video that was released by NVIDIA some time ago. If you have any questions about the game I'd be happy to answer them :)

Newk86

Wow this looks impressive. I hadn't even heard of this game until about five minutes ago when I realised that it was coming out next week! And did I see just read that it has splitscreen coop!? Hyped.

Where in the hell did this game come from!?
It looks AWESOME AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness you bumped this topic! Needs more eyes on it.

aaaaaaand bought.

Top Bottom