• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X Tetra (RPG, developer of Unchained Blades) coming to PSVita and 3DS on October 17

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.explosion.com/34263/new-game-from-unchained-blades-developer-x-tetra/

Developer FuRyu has announced on the latest issue of Famitsu that the team is currently working on another dungeon crawling role-playing game called X Tetra.

In X Tetra the unnamed hero is the only one who can absorb the mysterious X energy from monsters and use it to work miracles. This unique ability will be the key in saving the X Tetra world.

Artist Enami Katsumi, who’s worked on Star Ocean: The Last Hope is going to work on the game as well as the famous composer Yoko Shimomura who has worked on many games’ soundtracks.

Heyt

Banned
Artist Enami Katsumi, who’s worked on Star Ocean: The Last Hope is going to work on the game as well as the famous composer Yoko Shimomura

If they get some quality Star Ocean like combat with Xenoblade level of music quality it could be a really neat game.

Endless

1ugevn.jpg
21ieio.jpg
3qif2m.jpg

1lgis1.jpg

2v8i97.jpg

3uve6x.jpg

4doc6n.jpg

5v3izb.jpg

6ucd09.jpg

7enesz.jpg

8xif6e.jpg

Famitsu.com

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The B button for Cancel should mean these are 3DS screens.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Huh...well if the battle system is interesting at all I might give it a look. Art doesn't really do anything for me though, looks utterly unimaginative.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not that they look the same mind you, but the genericness of it all reminds me of Arc Rise Fantasta.

IDK I'm happy games like this can still be made in Japan, but IDK how good the game will actually be.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the chance of this getting localized? Is it greater than 0?

I wouldn't say 0. Maybe if Xseed is interested in it, they'd probably pick it up assuming Unchained Blades did well for them.

On one had, this looks OK. On the other, Unchained Blades was awful.

Interesting. In any way comparable to Etrian Odyssey just heavier on story?

Not that it matters to a dirty Yuropean like me though ahaha :(

Just stick to Etrian Odyssey. There's not a single reason to own this if you have EO IV.

Heyt

Banned
So it's trun based. Doesn't look bad for a 3DS game. Character design is just ok, but I hope it has an interesting system.

Gloam

I for one cannot wait for the Tommy Hilfiger tie-in merchandise.

Screens look cool, didn't expect a 3d game, thought it might be a first-person dungeon crawl type o' thing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Imo psp shining games(designed by tony taka too) even with worse textures and dithering look equal or even better than this game
If you told me that this game was for psp i would have believed it.

Looks good I wonder if the Vita version will look better then those screens though...if we even get the game that is :(

Surely not, since when games like this happen, they seem to not put any effort in the more powerful platform.

Spike Chunsoft did this twice now with VLR and Conception II, both look the same obviously in favor of 3DS (which obviously was the baseline version, porting upward is much easier than downward).

Now will it even be native res, that's another question, most Vita games seem to be sub-native, 3DS games I think are ALWAYS native.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Even if it looks "plain", I'm just happy it's got character who are actually of some age. And the presentation is pretty nice looking, nothing overly perverse or embarrassing so far.

I've enjoyed what I've played of Unchained Blades, I'd love to get the chance to play this, as well.

And those PSP Shining games look so good. I'd love to get a chance to play those on Vita :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope they make the game taking advantage of the great PS Vita hardware...

Looks good I wonder if the Vita version will look better then those screens though...if we even get the game that is :(
You will be disappointed :(

Surely not, since when games like this happen, they seem to not put any effort in the more powerful platform.

Spike Chunsoft did this twice now with VLR and Conception II, both look the same obviously in favor of 3DS (which obviously was the baseline version, porting upward is much easier than downward).

Now will it even be native res, that's another question, most Vita games seem to be sub-native, 3DS games I think are ALWAYS native.
I understand that some vita games are subnative res, but they are ps3 ports or native vita games, but a multi with 3ds? I really don't think so!
VLR was so ugly with those 3ds assets :(

Midou

Tony Taka art looks so damn generic every time I see it. It's like high quality but low effort. It looks like he drew a few hairs and faces and simply pastes them over various characters.

Top Bottom