• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Price drop...confirmed.

itsgreen

At my local Dutch MediaMarkt:

4lskx81.jpg

4ztyo8w.jpg

4pnonpl.jpg

Note: MediaMarkt always puts out advertisements of temporary discounted products, this was not in this weeks ad.

50 bucks down the line it is...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
$449 for Elite is not enough. Should be at least $429 or $399.99. However, with the Premium at $349.99, I firmly believe the Elite will be no less than $429.99. :(

Whipped Spartan said:
So if the Elite Sku price only drops $20 - $30 does that mean we'll get a price drop on the over priced 120 gb HDD?

DenogginizerOS said:
$449 for Elite is not enough. Should be at least $429 or $399.99. However, with the Premium at $349.99, I firmly believe the Elite will be no less than $429.99. :(

Just missed it.

itsgreen said:

Whipped Spartan said:
MS claims Core is a legit b/c it's upgradable. The pricing on the HDD's is $100 on 20gb and $180 on 120 gig b/c it's the same price as prem & elite system for the respective HDD capcity.

Oh, you know what. I'm stupid. I didn't realize 470 - 50 was 420. I thought you both missed that post.

Never mind. Math is hard.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie said:
I just said "looks like", I didn't start a new thread or anything.

*shuffles off for a milkshake*

Get me one , too. Just trying to keep you grounded so you aren't letdown. We ARE talking about the company that hired Jeff Bell ya know....

DenogginizerOS said:
Get me one , too. Just trying to keep you grounded so you aren't letdown. We ARE talking about the company that hired Jeff Bell ya know....

:lol

Oh exactly. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't across the line but, yeah, MS is in no way averse to boneheaded plays.

And you don't like the cherry on top do you?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie said:
:lol

Oh exactly. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't across the line but, yeah, MS is in no way averse to boneheaded plays.

And you don't like the cherry on top do you?

Crushed Reese's pieces over a Banana milkshake.

itsgreen

DenogginizerOS said:
So, no proof that the Core is going to $249.99.

The standard was 1=1, the core was always 299 here, the pro always 399 en the special bundle always 449.

But could be they are just deflating the exchange rate a little bit. Because 249 euro is 341 USD

pCeSlAyEr

BenjaminBirdie said:
Shit that sounds awesome. I wish we had Sonics or Steak & Shakes in New York.
no Sonic or Steak and Shakes in NY!! what a crime... but you guys have Dennys

there isnt a Denny's for 3hrs where I live :(

Odysseus

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:

and your contribution to microsoft is what?

?

Interesting... €50 is more than I expected. I hope they use a similar exchange rate to work out the UK prices as if they do it'll work out to be about £35 off.

C4Lukins

davepoobond said:
who would have thought the core would stick around and the premium get phased out? :lol

I doubt they are phasing it out. They are just trying to get the faulty ones sold through before they start putting out the revised ones.

itsgreen said:
At my local Dutch MediaMarkt:

Note: MediaMarkt always puts out advertisements of temporary discounted products, this was not in this weeks ad.

So that looks like the Non-UK European 360s might get a 50 Euro cut across the board on the rumored August 24th date.

Any rumors of a UK price cut? I can't imagine that the UK will get shafted on this. Surely MS is going to cut the price by 30 pounds or so, right?

Interesting... In US MS seemed unwilling to match or go below the price of the Wii... but with the Wii on £20 less than the core... I wonder if they'll match it, or, not change the Core price...

Foil

disappeared said:
I'm sure that Canadian retailers will simply ignore this price drop. Hell, they'll find an excuse to raise it by $50.

This weeks Canadian retail ads. Not sure if it was posted.

Best Buy Canada:
360bestbuy-can.jpg

Future Shop:
futureshop-360drop.jpg

Jammy said:
Pathetic.

Out of everyone here you're calling somebody else pathetic? ...Really?

Top Bottom