• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Leonidas

Weird... I noticed this too, tried to DL several times today but prompts me to make payment...
I wonder what the issue is, I've never known this to happen before.

To anyone who already owns this game, is it working as it should (via BC)

Yeah, the disc works great, runs flawlessly as far as I can tell.

YoshiMax

This is brutal I was really looking forward to split/second and after today I won’t be able to get on till end of next week.

B4D1E

Sorry for you. I was also looking forward to play it tonight, the only night I have some time to put into gaming...

Last edited:

Leonidas

Great month for me. Looking foward to playing Trials Blood Dragon and Superhot. I think I'll enjoy Brave too, looking at Steam reviews of that game some people were surprised by it.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Another month where I have everything, ugh!

I was hoping this would start to be when the 360 games with gold would be x enhanced :( dead space 2 in 4k would be amazing.

Excellent month, especially after a lackluster previous month.

LOL...it's like PSN and XBL are trading good months back and forth--March for PSN was excellent, now it's pitiful. March for XBL was very meh, now April is excellent.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Compared to PsPlus then this month is very old. Would really like Mad Max instead of this but can’t win every time :/

PooBone

I tried out The Witness on a friend's PS4 account and bounced off pretty quick. I'm anxious to give it another spin after all the positive feedback I've read since launch.

PooBone

Compared to PsPlus then this month is very old. Would really like Mad Max instead of this but can’t win every time :/
Mad Max is 8 (edit: 4) months senior. It's also on their Game Pass service so the conflict in giving away is pretty clear.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Mad Max is 8 (edit: 4) months senior. It's also on their Game Pass service so the conflict in giving away is pretty clear.

Well, not everyone are gold members. If people forget to grab it then it’s still on GP.

JP

The Witness is an amazing game but I do own both that and AC Syndicate on the PS4 but I'll still "buy" them even if I won't download them. The 360 games tend to be the highlight for me each month, I don't really know anything about Cars 2 though. You can never get too many arcade racers though.

I do already have Dead Space 2 but it is a fantastic game so I'm pleased for the people who don't.

Barakov

Gold Member
Interested in Dead Space 2, AC : Syndicate and The Witness. Already own DS2 but it'll be nice to have a digital version. Never played the The Witness so I'm interested in checking it out. Own Syndicate on PS4 but really enjoyed it so I'll give the X1 version a run through at some point.

Crew 511A

Decent lineup for May. Super Mega Baseball 2 and MGS 5 Phantom Pain for Xbox One. 360 gets Sega Vintage Collection:Streets of Rage and Vanquish.

Sega's everywhere now.

Allandor

Decent lineup for May. Super Mega Baseball 2 and MGS 5 Phantom Pain for Xbox One. 360 gets Sega Vintage Collection:Streets of Rage and Vanquish.

Sega's everywhere now.
well I would say ot is a great lineup, but I don't like the metal gears series so ... Still nice to get those xb370 games. I really hope for some more x enhanced games in may

splattered

Aren't we getting streets of rage w the Sega collection coming out soon? Not a great month for me not into sports and have mostly everything else :/

Doctor_m3ds

Neo Member
Man being patient really paid off. I was super close to buying both vanquish and metal gear in the last sale. Super excited now. This is maybe be best GwG for me.

I heard both dead Space 2 and Vanquish were good games, but I dont think I can be bothered to download 360 games anymore - unless Tenchu Z shows up.

mgowland

Neo Member
Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite survival horror games, and I missed out on vanquish. Seeing as platinum made it ill be checking it out.

Doctor_m3ds

Neo Member
I was hoping they would announce them at inside Xbox but nothing there. Hopefully soon, especially since so many are leaving at the end of this month.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I hate that the "Games with Gold" banner goes to a video and not the games, this gets me every month. At leas the big plus sign on the PS4 goes to the actual game and not an advert.

I was hoping they would announce them at inside Xbox but nothing there. Hopefully soon, especially since so many are leaving at the end of this month.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/23/june-free-xbox-games-with-gold-announced

June's line-up of free Xbox One and Xbox 360 games for Gold subscribers has been announced.
The full lineup, plus when they'll be available, is:
  • SpeedRunners — June 1-30 (Xbox One)
  • Watch Dogs — June 16 - July 15 (Xbox One)
  • Assassin's Creed III — June 1-15 (Xbox 360 & Xbox One)
  • Dragon Age: Origins — June 16-30 (Xbox 360 & Xbox One)
  • Phantom Dust DLC — June 1 - 30

Yeah my bad, lol. I actually got kind of excited because I wanted the first Dragon Age ;).

Only thing I found sounds like they're past their due date to announce it, so it should be any day. Almost seems to hint it's related to E3 somehow. In terms of the games released in June.

It's the 29th and nothig but that awful rumor from Express.co.uk:

"The June 2018 Xbox Games with Gold releases are said to include Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia and Smite Gold Bundle on Xbox One, while Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Lego Indiana Jones 2 join Xbox 360. "

Allandor

"The June 2018 Xbox Games with Gold releases are said to include Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia and Smite Gold Bundle on Xbox One, while Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Lego Indiana Jones 2 join Xbox 360. "
Well I don't give something about those one titles, but those xb360 titles would be great.

OH-MyCar

It was "official" but now it looks like it's been rescinded and it's only Germany? Either way, I hope it was an error because as much as I love Sonic Racing (even over Mario Kart): That's one of the worst months of all-time. For an E3 month it's just baffling.

Edit: Oh god, it's real. Christ. Not that they needed more ammo for the crowd that's arguing Gamepass is hollowing out their GWG offerings...

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those are two of the best 360 games they've given out in a long while.

And easily the two worst "games" for Xbox One. One is normally $10 but often on sale for cheaper than that, and one is a bunch of shit for a fucking F2P garbage game. Fuck that.

EDIT: apparently, it's the same "pack" as was a PS+ "freebie" last year. "The bundle includes 31 Skins, 20 Gods and Voice Packs, plus the Khepri Announcer Pack." It didn't even take over a game slot on PS+.

Last edited:
I will take Sonic Racing, never played that though I know it's a good game. I now have that and Burnout Revenge to keep me happy until Forza Horizon 4. Just wish they could 4K patch them for Scorpio.

Top Bottom