• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

The Argus

I have high hopes for the July games. I would think that after PSN gave away NBA2k16 that the pressure is on Microsoft to match that level of quality.

Outside of a remaster (Injustice) isn't 2K16 the only AAA PSN+ title Sony has had for the PS4? They've had some great games (Spelunky and Don't Starve took a ton of my time), but next to GwG and backwards compatibility Microsoft has been killing it with the free titles.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Outside of a remaster (Injustice) isn't 2K16 the only AAA PSN+ title Sony has had for the PS4? They've had some great games (Spelunky and Don't Starve took a ton of my time), but next to GwG and backwards compatibility Microsoft has been killing it with the free titles.

They've done the stand alones and stuff.

Ground Zeroes, First Light, Rocket League, strider and there's others I'm forgetting. They've given some pretty good games away.

Not quite up to the level Microsoft has, but the gap isn't what people think it is.

Jawmuncher

They've done the stand alones and stuff.

Ground Zeroes, First Light, Rocket League, strider and there's others I'm forgetting. They've given some pretty good games away.

Not quite up to the level Microsoft has, but the gap isn't what people think it is.

I think the gap is big enough considering the amount it gets brought up.

ekim

I *think* I know about 2 games for next month. One for 360 and one for X1. Not 100% sure yet so I don't know if I should share them for now.

Oynox

I would really appreciate Ryse. This way my first Xbox One game and I absolutely enjoyed it and would like to play it again. It was not as bad as many said.

ekim

Ok
Xbox One: Banner Saga 2
360: RS: Vegas 2

And not really sure about but some things hint to Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for X1 as well.

edit: I might add that the release of BS2 is end of July so this is kind of odd but there is enough "evidence" to make me 99% sure it's coming.

Thank you ekim.

the selection is quite cool

Banner saga 2 is a SRPG isn't it? not one I would look forward to but good on ms for being diverse.

The warriors ochi is a dynasty warriors one and I have given that series a long enough break that I might actually enjoy them again.
Saying that I never played the warriors version, isnt full of demons and such?

Rainbow 6 2 is a take it or leave it game for me.

amdb00mer

Ok
Xbox One: Banner Saga 2
360: RS: Vegas 2

And not really sure about but some things hint to Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for X1 as well.

edit: I might add that the release of BS2 is end of July so this is kind of odd but there is enough "evidence" to make me 99% sure it's coming.

ekim I like all these leaks you get. I just hope they don't figure out who you are. Like they did with ntkrnl.

jesu

Banner saga 2 would be great.
I've just been pricing the first one for my phone, planning on buying it with my Google Rewards money.

Tarahiro

Warriors Orochi would be amazing if that happens. Fantastic game and getting more people to play would hopefully turn more Xbox fans onto the Warriors games :) (It's a bit frustrating at the moment with certain warriors games being on Xbox and others not...)

Chris1

Would be a disappointing month for me.

But as Ekim said, The Banner Saga 2 releases on the 26th July.. Doesn't make sense for GWG. Unless it's a third bonus game even then the release date is iffy.

Or it could be for August but they're making it free a few days early for the release date like they have done in the past for a few games? Though none as early as that, there's been a few times where games have had a release date 1-2 days before and after the GWG dates and it was made GWG from the get go.

amdb00mer

They did find out who ntkrnl is?

I think I read somewhere they did or got close enough to knowing who he was and that he he was either an MS employee or had really close ties to MS. I think MS even threatened legal action. However, if your just sniffing data like EvB was, then I don't think there would be an issue. They may just try to find a way to cut off your source is all.

amdb00mer

Warriors Orochi would be amazing if that happens. Fantastic game and getting more people to play would hopefully turn more Xbox fans onto the Warriors games :) (It's a bit frustrating at the moment with certain warriors games being on Xbox and others not...)

I hope Omega Force does decide to release the Berserk game on X1 in US at least. The more sales and interest they get in other release may help.

RdN

Seems like kind of a weird choice to give away Banner Saga 2.. Specially for a franchise where choices and the lore are very important.

jesu

Couple of ID@xbox games releasing on the 1st of July

Ethan: Meteor Hunter
The Incredible Adventures Of Van Helsing 2

2 possibilities, maybe...

PlayStation have given out new release games on plus before, maybe Microsoft is going to try it too.

Im pretty sure #IDARB, Guacamelee, and Chariot were all launched on XB1 as GwG games, and there was probably others as well. Wouldnt be that strange. Although it would be strange if you could purchase it half a week before it was free.

Please don't be Banner Saga 2 and RSV2. I'm a fan of the latter series, but already own it and want something more interesting than Banner Saga.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If you get past he "Dur Hurr, Musou Izh teh Buttonz Mesharr!" stuff, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is frickin chocked full of content. 120+ Playable characters, multiple costumes for each, loads of different gameplay between them, and extended story and work from the original Warriors Orochi 3 (which I already beat and got many of the achievements of on 360 years back...).

I'm still pushing through the story again, and haven't even gotten into the gauntlet or duel modes, messed around with the customization of musou battlefields, or tried playing online (it does offer 2P local splitscreen, which is my preference by far.)

The Disk version has some minor micro-stutters every once in a while for me, and the buttons get laggy on the selection screens sometimes. But otherwise, it's quite a competent port, especially considering how much voicework and such it has in Japanese. I'm not sure if anything is changed from the download, but it'll be nice enough for me to be able to play the game without inserting the disk.

yeah I dont understand them doing that. I cant see many people starting a game like this from the 2nd entry.

A lot of times, the games that PS+ or GWG give away are games that have a lot of DLC attached to them, so they'll make something extra back off a few customers who buy something for their "free" products.

So why not use BS1 as a "DLC" in this case? The fans who already supported the first game get the 2nd for free, those who feel like seeing both would be required can buy the first one itself and still get the 2nd for free, and those who don't care either way will still get an unusually nice fully new-to-console game for free.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have it on disc and I love it. It'd be really nice to be able to play without disc.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
well, not the best place to start I guess. Anyway, bring it on.
All the games are generally confusing for newcomers. Hyrule Warriors is probably the most newcomer friendly in terms of teaching you WTF is happening. Something I would say about WO3 is the first mission is hella confusing with weird scene activation triggers to get it to move forward so don't be afraid to use a guide for that one.

If you aren't used to the games you may have trouble navigating to different areas around the map until you get a feel for how they handle level design and troop movements. You might fail some missions because you get distracted from what is happening with the commanders, are confused about the minimap, or just can't figure how to get across the map to where you need to be in time. It's all developed skills of battlefield reading and management as generals.

Once it clicks tho... it has you. So fucking addictive.

Top Bottom