• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Footos22

Not a bad month.

It's funny that digitally, I've paid a total of $5 on Assassins Creed games yet I own almost every single one.

Ac1 $2.50 (BC sale)
AC 2 free GwG
AC3 free GwG/PS Plus
AC4 free GwG
AC Revelations free GwG
AC Unity $2.50 CD Keys

It's simply not worth buying Ubisoft games at this point. They all end up free.

Yup i've had the "Don't buy Ubisoft games new" rule for a while and I almost own all of em either free or from ridiculously cheap clearance sales

I'm always tempted but haven't succumbed yet.

Backlogger

Not a bad month.

It's funny that digitally, I've paid a total of $5 on Assassins Creed games yet I own almost every single one.

Ac1 $2.50 (BC sale)
AC 2 free GwG
AC3 free GwG/PS Plus
AC4 free GwG
AC Revelations free GwG
AC Unity $2.50 CD Keys

It's simply not worth buying Ubisoft games at this point. They all end up free.
Wait AC1 was $2.50 during the BC sale? I thought it was $5. I would have bought at $2.50

mclem

Already have AC3, but it being backwards-compatible now might get me to get around to playing The Tyranny of King Washington. I've had Rogue sitting waiting for a while but I felt like I ought to get around to finishing off the various shorter releases (Washington, Freedom's Cry, maybe Liberation HD)

Akai__

I really whished they could finally fix this Xbox 360 BC error garbage...

Why is it happening again, if it worked without problems for the last MONTHS?

Chris1

RwN3gKR.png

Starting the 16th of June, Zoo Tycoon will be available in Japan. Non JP people can get it by switching store region at the bottom of the website.

This is a new game for other regions (in other words not max TCOB again lol) so it's basically a 5th free game.

EmiPrime

Starting the 16th of June, Zoo Tycoon will be available in Japan. Non JP people can get it by switching store region at the bottom of the website.

This is a new game for other regions (in other words not max TCOB again lol) so it's basically a 5th free game.

Speaking of, whenever I follow Microsoft Store links I get served pages for the Korean store (ever since I redeemed Banner Saga 2 on it). Anyone know how to fix that? I've tried everything I can think of.

Woorloog

Banned
Haha, I didn't think to do that because it was happening on all my machines on two browsers. Funny that the cookie got stuck like that.

Cheers, glad that's sorted.

Clearing cookies often solves site-specific issues. For example, I've had GoG.com stop responding to clicks on links, both times this was solved by deleting cookies.
No idea why or how it solves things though...

Wait what? What's the deal with this then, you have to change everything to JP and keep it like that if you want to play Zoo Tycoon? I think I'd probably rather stick with Watchdogs..

Wait what? What's the deal with this then, you have to change everything to JP and keep it like that if you want to play Zoo Tycoon? I think I'd probably rather stick with Watchdogs..

No, you can change your region to Japan, start the download for Zoo Tycoon and the then change back to your region. Once the game has downloaded you can play it as you'd play any other game on your console.

Chris1

Nope just change to Japan on the website or console, "buy", then change your region back. But it's not available until the 16th

I or someone else will post a guide/link on how to once it goes free. I was just posting it to say there's technically another gwg

Canadian

Speedrunners is a blast. Wasn't expecting anything but ended up having a lot of fun playing with my brother.

It's like a mario kart platformer. You need to jump, wall jump, hookshot and slide across levels while throwing items at your enemies to get into first spot so you don't get eliminated.

If you have someone to play with I highly recommend checking it out.

No, you can change your region to Japan, start the download for Zoo Tycoon and the then change back to your region. Once the game has downloaded you can play it as you'd play any other game on your console.

Nope just change to Japan on the website or console, "buy", then change your region back. But it's not available until the 16th

I or someone else will post a guide/link on how to once it goes free. I was just posting it to say there's technically another gwg

Ok, thanks guys. Cheers for the heads up, fantastic find!

NaviLink

Anyone else having trouble getting the Phantom Dust DLC? I can't buy it, it says it's not available on the console, or part of a pack on the website, but clicking on the link does nothing.

I'm installing the game, maybe it has to be done inside the game itself?

Akai__

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Thanks for sharing, Zoo Tycoon is indeed available now.

https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/store/p/zoo-tycoon/brwjs8p512vf

Hells yeah that worked for me.
Played WatchDogs already on PC so i wasnt feeling it.

But Zoo Tycoon give me that shit!!!!!

P.S and Slightly off topic

My account is a UK account, my Xbox region is UK, but i since moved from the UK
Got Gears 4 from Amazon.co.uk but the codes for Gears of War and Gears of War 3 dont work.

Everyone said just change region on Xbox and it should work....but that shit dont work and i dont know if its because AmazonUK gears4 is from another region...all the printing says Ireland but i dont know the code for website Ireland.

Top Bottom