• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Chris1

The image says 59,99+

Grow Up - 9,99
Runbow - 14,99 (on Wii U)

Kane and Lynch 2 - 14,99
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - 19,99

Runbow will probably be $20, that brings it to like $64
it's so much better than last month it's not even funny, cmon

What? Watch Dogs, DA:O and AC3 is miles better than this months lineup for sure. Subjectivity aside it blows next months out the water

Metacritics:

Grow up (78) K&L2 (63), Lego: POTC (73), Runbow (82, WiiU)
vs
Watch Dogs (78) DA:O (86), AC: 3 (84) SpeedRunners (84, PC)

Keinning

you guys are nuts

kane & lynch 2 is so bad its not even funny. it should be classified as torture. "gifting" people with it is microsofts way of rubbing their balls on your face and calling you a sucker

I'm really happy about Grow Up, almost purchased it last time it was on sale.

The rest gets a big ol' MEH from me though. Hope they don't just start littering GwG with old Lego games.

Runbow and Speedrunners right next to each other as well. :|

Of all the games they could do, at least try mixing it up.

Chris1

Have a feeling Shadow of Mordor is gonna be GwG next month. It's not on sale and the new game is coming out.

Alsowe haven't gone more than 2-3 months without an AAA game since maybe 2015, so an AAA game on Xbox One is due either August or September since this month was a bit of a dud

Alx

I really enjoyed Kane & Lynch 2 in the end. Except for the ugly video filter. It's a very decent cover shooter, with a good level design for co-op and competent AI. Some of the levels set a great mood, like
the airport runway towards the end, most probably inspired by Heat
Not the kind of game I'd have bought on my own, but I'm glad I got to play it with the GwG program.

Have a feeling Shadow of Mordor is gonna be GwG next month. It's not on sale (like POTC wasn't for the big BC sale) and the new game is coming out.

Alsowe haven't gone more than 2-3 months without an AAA game since maybe 2015, so an AAA game on Xbox One is due either August or September since this month was a bit of a dud
POTC was absolutely just on sale because I bought it. It was $5.

Chris1

Played the first level, then the achievement popped: 12g.

I spent two years with an awkward gamerscore before I could get it back to the sweet spot ending in 5 or 0.

The score wont even out until the other even number achievement is unlocked after collecting 888,888,888 studs.

Just a warning to those with that tiny bit of OCD.

Seen this on Reddit figured it was worth a post.

Welp that's me out, can't stand odd gamerscore #s. Thank god I never started it yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seen this on Reddit figured it was worth a post.

Welp that's me out, can't stand odd gamerscore #s. Thank god I never started it yet.

lol it's why I never played Puzzle Fighter on XBLA.

The worst is that Bullet Witch game that made you beat the game on the hardest difficulty to even it out.

Alx

Lol, my gamerscore is actually at 80 289 (yay, prime number !) because of the game Threes that only gives multiples of 3 for achievements. ^_^
As a matter of fact it makes my score more special than if it was rounded to multiples of 5 or 10.
Also collecting a large number of studs isn't an issue in Lego games, once you have most of the multipliers activated you won't even bother trying to collect the right amount, it's just pouring on you.

munroe

Lol, my gamerscore is actually at 80 289 (yay, prime number !) because of the game Threes that only gives multiples of 3 for achievements. ^_^
As a matter of fact it makes my score more special than if it was rounded to multiples of 5 or 10.
Also collecting a large number of studs isn't an issue in Lego games, once you have most of the multipliers activated you won't even bother trying to collect the right amount, it's just pouring on you.

80289 is not a prime number, it is divisible by 811, 3

Any rumors on the August games yet?

Not heard anything yet, should be announced next few days me thinks.

Alx

80289 is not a prime number, it is divisible by 811, 3

Aw, I should have seen it, with the "sum of all digits" rule. :/ Never trust some random online prime-checker.
Never mind, it has increased since, I'll go check for the next prime number to hit. ^^
*e 80489, this one is prime ! :)

Mine is 48.091 because of this:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/dj-hero/achievement/30199-New-Jack.html

:/

Steiner

Banned
I've only started visiting them in the last few months since moving to Spain, but they seem pretty sound and they don't tend to do many of these GwG rumour posts at first glance.

Cool, thanks.

Off-topic: Why did you move to Spain? Sounds pretty rad. I decided that when my wife and I are debt free (should be by next April), I'm going to hire a Spanish tutor and catch back up on my Spanish. I'd love to finally get fluent.

I would love Firewatch! I was going to purchase it when it was only available on PS but for some reason never pulled the trigger. I hope the rumors are true.

munroe

Will be a good month if true, I really enjoy the Horizon series, just trying to finish the 1st one when that was released on GWG.

Perhaps my calculator is messed up, but it's not?

If you don't get 99 from dividing 80289 by 811 or 26763 when dividing by 3, then yes, it's broken

Bizzquik

Niceee firewatch , been wanting it. India is noce. Got china for free too

I would dance for joy if this was August.

I have waited patiently for a sale on Condemned...and this would be even better. I never did pull the trigger on Firewatch, but contemplated it multiple times.

I have 360 edition of Forza Horizon 2 and it's not bad and I didn't finish it but I would have preferred the Xbox One version, though both versions are still over $20 last I checked.

Montresor

Firewatch is a pretty good narrative/adventure game, but it has bad performance. It's a perfect game to download and wait for Scorpio though.

I enjoyed my time with it and gave it a 4/5. I liked the exploration in the forest and the dialogue/story. But I really disliked the performance.

Top Bottom