• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Keinning

Lol, I remember playing Damnation on a PC. One of the worst third person action games I've seen (it also has a 36 Metacritic score).

It is horrible. Stormrise ain't much better either. If this is real, it will be easily one of the worst GWG months ever (specially when the "big" games are a pack for a f2p game and the worst soulsborne game)

Something like this just after Kane & Lynch 2 is too much to endure

Hmm. My theory is that after the Game Pass they have significantly lowered the GwG tier.

DSII is nice though. My first soulsborne game and I really enjoyed the ride.

I've been reading a bit about Damnation and Stormrise and well... happy to hear that at lest DS2 is part of the moth.

Still, I hope it's an elaborated joke

I think it's my duty to end all this nonsensical speculation and reveal the GWG once for all
20394836_10155549859999393_1276969159_o.jpg

VLiberty

Damnation-Stormrise would be one of the worst line ups ever. it's most likely fake anyway but I wonder why they aren't going with high quality indie games, 360 is full of those. But I guess, judging from years of PS+ comments, mediocre/bad retail games are still received better than quality indie games :/

muzzymate

Bayonetta for the win! (Also includes three other games)

https://majornelson.com/2017/07/25/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-august-2017/?linkId=100000000661619

- Slime Rancher - looks interesting. Always happy to see at least one family friendly title
- Bayonetta - already own digitally but super stoked for anyone who does not
- Trials Fusion - I've always wanted to try this Trials game but never got around it.
- Red Faction: Armageddon - Don't know much about this one nor does a quick scan peak my interest

flkraven

Slime Rancher is awesome. Been waiting for it to leave early access so I can start again from scratch. My wife has dumped like 40 hours into it lol.

Keinning

better than both leaks and i have trials fusion (game is crazy fun like every other trials game despite being inferior to HD and evolution - play it folks)

thank you god

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was thinking in my head already that it would either be that my Dark Souls Collection would be complete for free, or another sad individual with nothing to do ended up wasting their time for nothing.

It was #2, but the real deal ended up better overall I'd say. Plus I still don't own any of the games so that is always a win in my book.

Never played Bayonetta since I already consider Ninja Gaiden 1, Black and II on Xbox the untouchable pinnacles of the action genre. But I'll check it out sometime for free I guess.

Slime Rancher is supposed to be fun but I never checked out so that sounds like a good find for me as a new discovery. The Trials series as solid so I welcome this one as well too. Don't know about this one but Red Faction is supposed to be a solid series also.

Never played Bayonetta since I already consider Ninja Gaiden 1, Black and II on Xbox the untouchable pinnacles of the action genre. But I'll check it out sometime for free I guess.

I love all those NG games but wtf. Bayonetta is a totally different beast from NG and you have done yourself a disservice as an action game fan by not having played it bro!

Bridges

Been on the cusp of buying Slime Rancher a few times but never pulled the trigger so I'm quite happy with this.

In the exact same boat here.

This is the first month in a VERY long time where I'm actually interested in all 4 games and don't already own any of them (on Xbox at least, but now I won't have to plug my Wii U back in for Bayonetta).

I'm pumped.

Monocle

That's a damn fine lineup, wow.

I was thinking in my head already that it would either be that my Dark Souls Collection would be complete for free, or another sad individual with nothing to do ended up wasting their time for nothing.

It was #2, but the real deal ended up better overall I'd say. Plus I still don't own any of the games so that is always a win in my book.

Slime Rancher is supposed to be fun but I never checked out so that sounds like a good find for me as a new discovery. The Trials series as solid so I welcome this one as well too. Don't know about this one but Red Faction is supposed to be a solid series also.
Fortunately you'll be able to correct your grave error soon.

Protip: watch the cutscenes at least once. The story is more or less incoherent the first time through but Bayonetta's attitude is gold.

Also, use a guide so you don't miss the weapons. They are all great and some of the best ones are the hardest to find.

And definitely use the code to buy Bazillions (look it up on GaneFAQs or whatever). So good.

Top Bottom