• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

dickroach

Red Faction looks really fun imo. i'll hit it up after I'm done with Bayonetta. I'm like four chapters into that. (like the gameplay, really don't care about the characters/story.)

Does anyone know if there is a way to list games that I "own" only due to Games with Gold? I've been wanting to prioritize my backlog to play games that I lose one I drop Xbox Live Gold.

flkraven

Downloaded trials. I was tired and just wanted a game to mess around with while I watched football. The opening menu seemed choppy. After it loaded it said something along the lines of 'you've got additional dlc, download it now?' Push A for yes. Game froze and crashed back to desktop after a minute. Played a different game instead.

Didn't have the patience last night, but is this a normal occurrence for this game?

Montresor

I wish Slime Rancher had a better map.

I got really really frustrated last night trying to find my next gordo, and the next slime gate key.

I don't necessarily want my hand held. But if I've already found a gordo or gate, I'd like it to be placed on the map for me.

The way it is now, every time I pull up the game I have to retrace all my god damn steps throughout the whole map because I cannot actually remember which gordos I have left to feed, and which gate keys I have left to open.

Montresor

Some more thoughts:

Slime Rancher is insanely relaxing and addictive. I really hate the map but I can't deny it's fun to organize your gardens and corrals with specific slimes/largos and seeing your cash reserves explode.

I don't think I will end up giving the game more than a 3/5 though.

The game is very fun and very cute, but the following weaknesses bring down my score and my overall level of enjoyment: the poor map, and the poor performance (lots of dips and stutters).

Chris1

Today or tomorrow, no leaks?
Will be tomorrow or Monday, with how the month is landing it's kind of hard to say because they don't usually announce over a week in advance so I would guess Monday which is a little late but tomorrow is also a little early

If Monday the games will probably be bad (whenever it's announced late it's typically an awful month)

Chris1

I've noticed this as well

Collinwood noticed it like a year or two ago and I started catching onto it aswell :p

Not sure if it's just a coincidence or they leave it late to try and minimize or avoid the weekend the bad word of mouth around it. But it's definitely a trend for whatever reason.

Edit continuing on from my other post: Or probably Tuesday not Monday as I don't think they do announcements on a Friday/Monday

I looked up some months GwG and found a few that was announced over a week. So it should be tomorrow unless it's a bad month

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Collinwood noticed it like a year or two ago and I started catching onto it aswell :p

Not sure if it's just a coincidence or they leave it late to try and minimize or avoid the weekend the bad word of mouth around it. But it's definitely a trend for whatever reason.

Edit continuing on from my other post: Or probably Tuesday not Monday as I don't think they do announcements on a Friday/Monday

I looked up some months GwG and found a few that was announced over a week. So it should be tomorrow unless it's a bad month

Good if you to remember.

I expect of we haven't heard what they are in the next 48 hours then expect a shit month.

Alx

Hydro Thunder is a great game. Already bought it dirt cheap a long time ago though. :p
I'll check Oxenfree, but already tried Forza5 and Battlefield and they're not my kind of games. Nice choice still.

mike4001_

Why buy Forza 5 at all when there is the far superiour 6 and far-far superiour 7 soon?

Forza 5 shows on all ends that it was a launch-game which had to be rushed to release.

Chris1

Not a great month for me. Don't like mainline forza and already own battlefield. Will try the other two.

Nice to see that ea access isn't preventing gwg again

G0523

I think it's a great month since I haven't bought any of those games. Lol. I have come very close to buying Hydro Thunder: Hurricane before when it was on sale for a few bucks a while back but now I don't have to.

I BET ONE OF THEM IS A UBISOFT GAME!

I have da insida sourcez.

But.... my sourcez! :O

Bk2hQCnIUAA36YX.jpg

"Well, folks, when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time!"

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I don't know whose idea was it to give away Forza 5, but it may actually scare away newcomers from potentially buying Forza 7.

Why buy Forza 5 at all when there is the far superiour 6 and far-far superiour 7 soon?

Forza 5 shows on all ends that it was a launch-game which had to be rushed to release.

The only reason to play it now is for achievements and to reach a higher Forza tier for better rewards in all Forza games.

Piss poor month for me.

Forza 5? lol

I bought Oxenfree when it came out, only lasted about 20 minutes because one of the characters got right on my tits. Might go back to it at some point.

360 games are meh. Was hoping for Metal Gear Rising

I don't know whose idea was it to give away Forza 5, but it may actually scare away newcomers from potentially buying Forza 7.

The only reason to play it now is for achievements and to reach a higher Forza tier for better rewards in all Forza games.

I have to disagree. Forza 5 brought me into the series and I have been a fan ever since. The selection is a bit scarce, but the actual gameplay is fantastic!

Exactly. Why not the fucking 6? Are they still milking it.

Forza 5 actually makes perfect sense. People can get a sense of the driving and determine that they are interested in Forza 7 instead. I actually bought Forza 6 because I had a chance to play Forza 5 for free.

Bread

Banned
Hydro Thunder!!!!!!

HUUUUUUURRICANE!

this and daytona USA are the best racing games from the 360, go play this damn game people.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
as much as playing super mario bros 2 would scare people from buying odyssey

what nonsense is this

I don't play Mario games so I don't understand what you said. :)

Anyway imo it's not nonsense, it's the weakest entry in the series by far and therefore can scare away people that didn't have any contact with FM or that only played the Horizon games. Forza 6 is miles ahead of this one (and also Forza 4 if you don't mind last gen graphics).

Eric Hall

Can't wait until Forza 6 goes on GWG before the release of Forza 8 in two years.

Anyway, the only one I own here is Oxenfree, which is a great game. Solid month for me

I've never played a Forza game so I'll check out 5 and see if it sells me on 7. Once Crackdown 3 got delayed have been looking for something to buy along the 1X.

Decent month for me. I already own Hydro Thunder and love it so I recommend that to everyone. All the others are games I don't have. At least not on X1. Doubt I'll play Forza 5 since I'm more of a Horizon guy but it's still better than some of the other crap we could have gotten.

Top Bottom