• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Bgamer90

Banned
Also very interesting timing to do them now, when DR3 is due, so another Crackdown 3 hint..?

Yeah, I was thinking the same (if true).

MS could advertise those free games as, "Play these games for free on your 360 before you try out their sequels on the Xbox One!".

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Are you sure Halo 3 is free this month. I'm only seeing AC.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Good choice on the games MS! I was hoping for games like these originally. Why not push the games that will getting sequels?

legacyzero

Banned
Crackdown for free? OH FUCK YEAH.

You have NO EXCUSES now, GAF. If you skipped this game before, that it. Game is excellent. Especially with a buddy.

EDIT: And where's Halo 3?!

EvB

There is no USK version. ;) Both games are banned here.

I have a Swiss account with gold but the games are probably IP blocked.

The games themselves won't be IP blocked, just the verification process, you can download about 70% of the game then do the last bit via a VPN and everything will function ok.

lucius

I hope dead rising 2 is coming never played it, I rebought Crackdown recently for like $2 but always better to have it digital so I can just launch the game instant.

Anarkin

The games themselves won't be IP blocked, just the verification process, you can download about 70% of the game then do the last bit via a VPN and everything will function ok.

I already downloaded games via VPN but that was a couple of years ago and on Win7; hope it works as well on Win8.

Silky

Banned
Oh damn, Crackdown? Oh time to waste time in this game again.

Dead Rising 2....eh why not. It should be OTR. DR2 bored me to tears.

Crackdown, while good, can literally be bought for two quid over here. Dead Rising 2, again it's good, but it's also only worth a fiver these days.

NIGHT-

Crackdown, while good, can literally be bought for two quid over here. Dead Rising 2, again it's good, but it's also only worth a fiver these days.

And now they're both gonna be free for a month...

Sucks this promotion is so limited.. Would of loved it to go on till at least next summer

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I'll ask again. Did I miss Halo 3 or is it still to come?

Basch

You mean we get to keep them? :'(

I already have ac2 and fable 3 but crackdown and dead rising 2 would be just plain awesome.

JudgeB

Banned
Woah nice! I never played DR2... Played Crackdown but would love to play it again since I don't have the disc anymore. Very good games if so.

Feindflug

Halo 3 is better than all of those lol...

Yep, Halo 3 is the pinnacle of the series since it has the best level in the series which is of course "The Covenant"...pure perfection.

BTW great pickups if true, Crackdown is one of the best games of this gen plus I haven't played Dead Rising 2 so it's definitely welcome.

quickwhips

They should be trying to give games away that would be good franchises...too human. Rare doing Too Human 2 would be awesome.

coma1138

Banned
If true, they are are paving the road for the next-gen sequels.
Seems like it, so far.

Even though I have it already, hopefully Dungeon Defenders is one of the games then, so that DD2 comes to X1. Was far from perfect, but DD was probably my favorite Arcade game.

quickwhips

LMAOO, Too Human is a niche franchise at best.

Your missing the point. I think Crackdwon and Dead Rising are good examples I don't think assassin creed 2 and halo 3 are. I was saying if they give them free now they might find a bigger audience on the next one...Nothing about it being Niche. Its about it being free and a fun game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Crackdown is excellent for those who haven't played it at all yet - the game was so fun that I 100%'ed the game in just under a week in the release week the first time with no guides, nothing.

Dead Rising is great because I STILL have the original Dead Rising with the original case sealed for whenever I make time to play it, and then I can transition into the sequel for free.

And to think that I just got back home from picking up BioShock Infinite Premium Edition brand new and sealed for 30 - not counting all the other tons of games I have yet to play, I have no rush to jump into next-gen.

DR2 would be quite swell for me, I own it on pc but never installed it after hearing about giving the child medicine every set time other wise you fail, so IMO I would prefer the Off the Record version which removed that aspect and of course gives us middle aged frank west.

BTM

Never got around to playing Crackdown. I'm really hoping it's one of the upcoming free games because I've heard many people praise it.

JaggedSac

Sweet, don't think I've played DR2. Might grab Crackdown just for the hell of unlocking it for my account, but I've already beaten it.

Top Bottom