• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

They keep picking all the games I have. /cry The only one I didn't have was the tower defense XBLA one, and that was not my cup of tea.

It does make you wonder how the up-selling of DLC or add-ons go for these free gold games...

Underneath the ACII main game was the 320 allards up-sell for DLC add-on. I let it go but if the game is great I could be persuaded to part with some points.

To be fair, they did reduce the price of the DLC, didn't they? Probably will do the same for Crackdown, so it's not so bad.

They keep picking all the games I have. /cry The only one I didn't have was the tower defense XBLA one, and that was not my cup of tea.

Out of interest, did you give it much playtime or did you kind of just assume it wasn't your cup of tea and not play it?

excowboy

Crackdown was one the first games I got for my 360 a couple of years ago. I didn't really understand the praise it was given to be honest and then it seemed to finish way too soon. I was left with this niggling feeling I'd been 'doing it wrong'
So, what's the best way to play it GAF?

Crackdown was one the first games I got for my 360 a couple of years ago. I didn't really understand the praise it was given to be honest and then it seemed to finish way too soon. I was left with this niggling feeling I'd been 'doing it wrong'

With a friend. If you play alone you will not have fun. Driving up walls and trying to get a car up to the highest skyscraper can be quite enjoyable when you have someone there to watch you do it.

Dabanton

Were you collecting orbs?

excowboy

Yeah, some, but I didn't go mad on it. I levelled stuff to a reasonable level from what I can remember. Also, I don't think I used any vehicles unless I had too, which sounds like a bad choice judging by other comments...

bryanee

I'd of preferred the second Crackdown game as I've played the first far too much to care at this point. Its free though so I'll download it tomorrow.

That was the only achievement I really cared about. I started playing the game in 2007 and would on and off look for orbs without cheating and using any map or the internet. It took me until 2009 but it felt so good to get that last orb. One of my proudest achievements.

r9Gwm05.png

Wasp

Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 are great choices for the service. I'd much rather see cult classics and forgotten gems like these that most people don't already own rather than mainstream AAA blockbusters like Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed II which everyone should own already.

Dipswitch

The wing suit was awesome. And I did like the idea of the rogue agility orbs, even though they were bastards at times.

I just played through CD2 about 6 weeks back and I could not figure out how to stay in the air with the wingsuit for more than a few seconds. Just watched a youtube video showing how it's done and now I feel like a muppet. Particularly since the mechanic was similar in Batman: AC.

In my defense, they did a piss poor job of explaining how it worked in game.

The Faceless Master said:

That video cracks me up every time I watch it. I felt his pain.

cuilan

Looks like this has been good for me so far. With the exceptions of AC2 (which I played through on PS3) and Halo 3 which I no longer have (but kinda wish I did), it's been games that I haven't played yet. I've always been curious about Crackdown and DR2.

One thing I noticed is that on my Japanese account the current free game being offered is Full House Poker. I wonder if that's one of the games that most other regions will be getting eventually.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Can anyone confirm if the 1-month trials you get when you make a new account gives you have Gold status, or only multiplayer (like the 48-hour and 14-day trials)?

Top Bottom