• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA: Alan Wake's American nightmare sale for 4$ / PC: Pay what you want for AW+AW:AN

ShogunX

Think it's the same price here in the UK. Been meaning to pick this up for a while and will probably pick up the two pieces of Alan Wake DLC which is on sale also.

For those that dont have a PC , It's for the 360 also Alan Wake the full game is $5 too DLC is $3

TDY5Jts.gif

What is it exactly? A continuation of the AW story or a spin-off? How is it?

Its a stand-alone game unrelated to the original story.

Its set in Arizona and based around the goofy TV show "Night Springs" featured in the original game.

Its basically like an expansion pack, but doesn't advanced the narrative

The first is great for a few hours before the confusing ending, while American Nightmare is very pointless dilly dallying that ultimately just leaves you in the same spot as where AW left off. By all means enjoy the story while it lasts, but you'll feel pretty damn depressed once all is said and done and you realise we might never get AW2. Be warned.

Milchjon

also American Nightmare is better then Alan Wake. Both deserves to be bought and played.

I just bought and beat it, and it's not even funny how wrong you are ;-)

Alan Wake is among my top three games of the generation. American Nightmare is terribly repetitive (even though the core gameplay is still fun). Worse locations, worse story, worse enemies.

How well does the PC version run? Any major issues that we should be aware of (e.g., the stuttering that is killing Metro Last Light for me)?

Should I be able to run it close to 60 fps on max settings with a single GTX 670?

BibiMaghoo

Do people not feel bad giving just $1 for these games?

Do you not feel worse when you choose how to distribute that $1?

lol.

BigBoss

How well does the PC version run? Any major issues that we should be aware of (e.g., the stuttering that is killing Metro Last Light for me)?

Should I be able to run it close to 60 fps on max settings with a single GTX 670?

It runs great, I was able to get 60 fps on max settings with a GTX 570.

Card Boy

Banned
I wouldn't feel bad paying 1cent to get a DRM free copy of the game considering i already paid $40 for both Alan Wake and American Nightware on Steam.

I just bought and beat it, and it's not even funny how wrong you are ;-)

Alan Wake is among my top three games of the generation. American Nightmare is terribly repetitive (even though the core gameplay is still fun). Worse locations, worse story, worse enemies.

mr_scratch_tvk1kw5.png

Excuse me?

BibiMaghoo

yeah ok bobby kotick

at least they arent stealing it

Come on man, surely you would give $1 to a charity ever now and then? You get two games with this and loads of extras, paying the absolute minimum when it is for charity just seems a bit...

low.

jlh

I already have the game, dlc and American Nightmare on 360 but I'll glad drop a dollar for the soundtrack which was absolutely fantastic.

Top Bottom