• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Getting the urge to get the Streets of Rage collection but haven't been paying attention - does it ever go on sale?

It's been on sale twice I believe. If you're not in a rush to get it a sale will be around the corner.

I'll be passing on the SF X T DLC. I'll wait for the SF 25th Collection to drop to a reasonable price because it includes the DLC for that and AE and that just seems like the better deal.

NBA Jam is mine this time. Gold ran out right before it went on sale and since you don't need gold to get it then I will.

jbug617

Banned
It's been on sale twice I believe. If you're not in a rush to get it a sale will be around the corner.

I'll be passing on the SF X T DLC. I'll wait for the SF 25th Collection to drop to a reasonable price because it includes the DLC for that and AE and that just seems like the better deal.

NBA Jam is mine this time. Gold ran out right before it went on sale and since you don't need gold to get it then I will.

If I remember correctly you don't get the alt and swap costumes for the DLC characters.

Vert boil

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg

Skulls of the Shogun - 1200msp, 206MB.
The other versions are reduced at launch. Win 8/Surface is 10$ (normally 15$), WP is 5$ (normally 7$).

Also,

Guardians of Middle Earth
--Compatibility Pack: Survival - free
--Radagast - 160msp

Kinect Party
--Individual channels are now available, 80msp each.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ugh, I have 160 points and The Cave is 1200, means I have to buy 1500 to get it. Will probably wait for a sale as I have other stuff in my backlog to get through.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
My problem with NBA Jam is that I get ruthlessly, savagely stomped even by the medium AI. :(

Alley-oops are your friend. Get the AI player to jump up by pressing... one of the shoulder buttons, I can't remember, and then pass it to them so they dunk it. Or as dskillzhtown said, have the AI player shove the other team and clear a path for you.

Another important thing if you're playing the Tour mode thing is to play to the conditions being specified. Sometimes it'll set special rules, e.g. 3 pointers count for 4 points or something, in which case you'll want to take a team that can rain in 3s (Celtics with Larry Bird and Ray Allen is a good bet).

In fact, now that I think about it, taking Bird and Allen and only shooting 3s is a good way to beat the entire game. Kinda cheap, use it if you're stuck!

Reason for posting is that achievements for Virtual On and Virtua Striker have been updated, and they're both in Japanese. I've never seen this before for an XBLA, I hope it doesn't mean they're Japan only. Not that it really matters now, I guess, Microsoft might wonder why so many accounts migrate to Japan that day though...

Turns out I may have been right about this.

Vert boil

Why? Which news I missed?

Anyway I have my Japanese account ready, it just a matter of adding some points.

It still isn't 100% clear what the correct info is.

Virtua Striker and Virtual On will be coming out on Feb 13th.

It seems that they'll only be released in Japan.

They seem to have announced the price at 800msp each But they are 800 yen each on PSN (which the first three were and those were sold at 400msp on xbla).

Card Boy

Banned
I know these will be on sale this week according to Major Nelsons blog.

Hydrophobia 160 (67% off)
Hybrid 400 (67% off)
Zeno Clash UE 400 (50% off)
Earthworm Jim HD 400 (50% off)
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare 600 (50% off)
Orcs Must Die! 600 (50% off)
Kinect Central: Mini Ninjas Adventures 400 (50% off)

Vert boil

I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

Alan Wake’s American Nightmare - 600msp (was 1200)
Earthworm Jim HD - 400msp (was 800)
Hybrid - 400msp (was 1200)
Hydrophobia - 160msp (was 400)
Orcs Must Die! - 600msp (was 1200)
Zeno Clash UE - 400msp (was 800)

-----

Alien Breed 1 - 400msp (was 800)
Alien Breed 2: Assault - 400msp (was 800)
Alien Breed 3: Descent - 400msp (was 800)
AMY - 400msp (was 800)
Battlezone - 320msp (was 400)
Centipede & Millipede - 320msp (was 400)
D&D Daggerdale - 800msp (was 1200)
Matt Hazard: BBB - 800msp (was 1200)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400msp (was 800)

Missile Command - 240msp (was 400)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
--Revenge of the Plague Lord - 400msp (was 700)
Puzzle Quest Galactrix - 1200msp (was 1600)
Rocketbowl - 400msp (was 800)
The UnderGarden
--Ludwig Pack - 80msp (was 160)
Warlords - 240msp (was 400)
Worms 2: Armageddon - 400msp (was 800)
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - 800msp (was 1200)

Ben 10 Galactic Racing - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Ben 10 Ultimate Alien - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

EDF 2017 - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Madagascar 3 - 1600msp/20$ (was 2400/30$) US price, check your region

Onechanbara
--Full Date pack - 800msp (was 1600)
--Himiko : Extra Character Data - 240msp (was 500)
--Misery : Extra Character Data - 240msp (was 500)

Victorious: Time to Shine - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Some tat as well.
-----

Yar's Revenge - 400msp (was 800)
Available again (it was 800msp when it was pulled/removed by mistake).

-----

Sales & Specials+ app

Dance Central (2 and 3)
--'Give me everything' Pitbull Ft. Ne-Yo - 120msp (was 240)
--'Low' Florida - 120msp (was 240)
--'Party rock anthem' LMFAO - 120msp (was 240)

Chain Reaction: Ninja Gaiden 3
Great Scythe - 120msp (was 240) > Metal Claws - 120msp (was 240) > Ninja Pack 1 - 400msp (was 800) > Ninja Pack 2 - 400msp (was 800)

Valkyria

Banned
I played Yar's Revenge demo and It was kind of Panzer Dragoon. I found it quite confusing but now I fear it just disappears and I miss an opportunity, does anyone recommend it?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

hey it's the same stuff that goes on sale all the time

Alien Breed 1 - 400msp (was 800)
Alien Breed 2: Assault - 400msp (was 800)
Alien Breed 3: Descent - 400msp (was 800)
AMY - 400msp (was 800)
Battlezone - 320msp (was 400)
Centipede & Millipede - 320msp (was 400)
D&D Daggerdale - 800msp (was 1200)
Matt Hazard: BBB - 800msp (was 1200)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400msp (was 800)

Missile Command - 240msp (was 400)
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
--Revenge of the Plague Lord - 400msp (was 700)
Puzzle Quest Galactrix - 1200msp (was 1600)
Rocketbowl - 400msp (was 800)
The UnderGarden
--Ludwig Pack - 80msp (was 160)
Warlords - 240msp (was 400)
Worms 2: Armageddon - 400msp (was 800)
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - 800msp (was 1200)

Ben 10 Galactic Racing - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Ben 10 Ultimate Alien - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

EDF 2017 - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Madagascar 3 - 1600msp/20$ (was 2400/30$) US price, check your region

Onechanbara
--Full Date pack - 800msp (was 1600)
--Himiko : Extra Character Data - 240msp (was 500)
--Misery : Extra Character Data - 240msp (was 500)

Victorious: Time to Shine - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Some tat as well.

wtf

Some of this stuff, like the Puzzle Quest DLC, is holy grail territory. I don't think Rocketbowl has literally ever been on sale before and it came out in 2006/2007 :p

http://www.destructoid.com/scott-pilgrim-dlc-has-last-minute-delay-243994.phtml

Scott Pilgrim DLC has been delayed once again.

The downloadable content for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game has been delayed for fine-tuning and to incorporate feedback from the passionate Scott Pilgrim community. Ubisoft is addressing feedback from the community on the best ways to honor retro games in the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game DLC in an accurate and respectful manner. Ubisoft, and the new team developing the DLC, respect creative properties and, of course, want to be sure to deliver a game experience that is a proper tribute to the Scott Pilgrim franchise.

I was really looking forward to tomorrow and gathering some friends to play. Sigh...one day...

Some of this stuff, like the Puzzle Quest DLC, is holy grail territory. I don't think Rocketbowl has literally ever been on sale before and it came out in 2006/2007 :p

Rocketbowl is so obscure that I had no idea it even existed, and I thought I was pretty well versed in XBLA. It looks pretty good, but has shitty achievements.

Izick

So I saw that Alan Wake: American Nightmare is on sale for half the price (now 600 MSP). Is it worth it for that price if I enjoyed the original game, and I like Twilight Zone (which I hear this is more similar to rather than Twin Peaks)?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Dammit... American Nightmare on sale again? I want the DLC to go on sale again so I can play it before AN (which I bought last time it was on sale).

Haha, I am in the same boat. Have yet to play AN. Think we'll be waiting a looooong time (it will probably not happen again)

aku:jiki

Ooh, Alien Breed! It's only been on sale once, years ago, and I missed it then. All my friends say it sucks but for 400MSP I'm going to refuse to believe that.

So I saw that Alan Wake: American Nightmare is on sale for half the price (now 600 MSP). Is it worth it for that price if I enjoyed the original game, and I like Twilight Zone (which I hear this is more similar to rather than Twin Peaks)?
I'm not a fan of any of those things and I haven't played the first game, but I liked it as just a game. Definitely didn't suffer through the completion, though the horde mode is kinda stupid.

Yes, I actually liked it more than the original game. Partly because it was shorter and more stream lined, and partly because the story was good and the combat was enjoyable. Totally worth 600 Allards.

Z_Y

Haha, I am in the same boat. Have yet to play AN. Think we'll be waiting a looooong time (it will probably not happen again)

Same here...but does AN spoil anything from either DLC? I have the first AW DLC but have never purchased the second one. I just haven't gotten around to AN because it is buried in my backlog. :-/

Yes, I actually liked it more than the original game. Partly because it was shorter and more stream lined, and partly because the story was good and the combat was enjoyable. Totally worth 600 Allards.

I thought the game was kinda cheap in how it extends its length, but I did enjoy it a lot more than Alan Wake, and it's a pretty solid 600MSP

This is kind of off-topic, but isn't Dragon Age II also on sale for like 10$?

It was last week, if it is still on sale now you probably have literally minutes to buy it.

Same here...but does AN spoil anything from either DLC? I have the first AW DLC but have never purchased the second one. I just haven't gotten around to AN because it is buried in my backlog. :-/

It's pretty standalone as a story, as I recall, but there may be references here and there. The story in Alan Wake is total nonsense though, so it's not like it matters much!

Top Bottom