• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

aku:jiki

My biggest problem with The Splatters is the whole 3 levels in 1 thing. Just a bad, cumbersome idea that makes the game harder than it should be for it to stay fun.

TMNT 89, Turtles in Time Re-Shelled, Outrun Online Arcade and the DLC packs for both Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were all announced ahead of time (Outrun was mentioned like a year in advance.)

Marble Blast Ultra was pulled without any notice, but I was able to buy a code from Gamestop.com and it worked.
Sure, but in addition to those games, the delisted games include all Midway titles (like 5-7 games right there), Lucha Fury, Double D Dodgeball, Ion Assault, Smarter than a 5th Grader, Merv Griffin's Crosswords, the NFL Trackers (2 "games"), Lost Cities, Battlestar Galactica, Dream Chronicles, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and a few more. So, like I said, the majority are stealth delistings.

Arkadian Warriors. Xbox LIVE Arcade. Xbox LIVE Arkadian Warriors. How long has this game been out? I only just got that.

Does anyone here present know of any reason why I shouldn't pay 200pts for it?

kyo27

Definitely getting Virtua Fighter 5. Whats the deal with those customization packs? Are all the good custom items in the packs?

Vert boil

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg

HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 1200msp, 688MB.

Vert boil

Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS should also be up today.

Nope. They are coming Friday.

Is it just me or has stuff been showing up on GOD earlier and earlier. Thought the policy was 6 months but Ghost Recon is showing up after about 5 months and NCAA 13 is showing up after 3 months.

They've been slowly rolling back over the past year or so. Hopefully the good things Sony have been doing will force MS to change faster.

bjork

Assault Heroes was a pretty fun little game, but I remember trying the demo for AH2 and thinking it felt a bit off. But for 200 points, hell.

Strange. We'll see in an hour or two either way.
The past two weeks finally make sense! Microsoft let Sega make some decisions, so this is just Sega being Sega.

Hell Yeah! still isn't properly up for me, in Europe. I can get the trial but it has no buy option, or I can just buy it with no trial. Oh, Sega.

Arkadian Warriors. Xbox LIVE Arcade. Xbox LIVE Arkadian Warriors. How long has this game been out? I only just got that.

Does anyone here present know of any reason why I shouldn't pay 200pts for it?

It was absolutely boring? It's playable, sure, but it's so bland and mindless that you might as well just hold those 200pts to go towards something else. What's even worse is that I played nearly the whole thing in co-op and still thought it was boring. I can't even imagine if I had spent that time playing it alone. Ugh.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wish I would've done this with Joust and Robotron. I know they're coming in that Midway disc, but I always wanted the XBLA ones.

There are Robotron pull-tab codes, someone gave me one for my birthday a few years ago. No idea if any still exist in the wild though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Definitely getting Virtua Fighter 5. Whats the deal with those customization packs? Are all the good custom items in the packs?

All the arcade's unlockable customization costume parts are in the packs. You need them to make custom characters. If both packs are installed you can also play a bonus single player mode where you fight custom "teams" of edit characters all along a certain theme. Like everyone dressed up for the beach.

Vert boil

What the fuck, man, Hell Yeah! still isn't properly uploaded. :(

What exactly is the problem? Your previous post seemed to say that there was no buy option within the game.

I can get to the confirm purchase/download screen on both the 360 and xbox.com. That usually means everything is fine. (Currently downloading it via PS+ so i can't go all the way on 360)

What exactly is the problem? Your previous post seemed to say that there was no buy option within the game.

I can get to the confirm purchase/download screen on both the 360 and xbox.com. That usually means everything is fine. (Currently downloading it via PS+ so i can't go all the way on 360)
It's not in the dashboard (neither under new releases or via search) and on Xbox.com EU (your link a few posts back is for US), there is only a purchase option and no trial. That's usually the status an XBLA game is in for the first 30 minutes or so after upload, but this time it's like they forgot to hit the "publish" button or something.

I guess it could be that this is the first XBLA game not published in Sweden but I really doubt it...

Vert boil

It's not in the dashboard (neither under new releases or via search) and on Xbox.com EU (your link a few posts back is for US), there is only a purchase option and no trial. That's usually the status an XBLA game is in for the first 30 minutes or so after upload, but this time it's like they forgot to hit the "publish" button or something.

I guess it could be that this is the first XBLA game not published in Sweden but I really doubt it...

Okay, it does seem that they've not done it correctly. I'm in the dashboard beta and there was a panel for it in the games section that took me to the game info/buy/demo page. It doesn't appear to be in the latest arcade game list.

Swedish link here with a buy link on the side - http://marketplace.xbox.com/sv-SE/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b92?noSplash=1 . It went all the way to the buy screen for me. Might work for you.

edit, It comes up in the uk dashboard search by typing Hell in.
My Swedish account (in the beta) shows a Hell Yeah panel as well. Hell Search finds it but no buy/demo link.

Vert boil

SickBoy

Dammit, missed out on the sale for the Avengers/Capt. America pinball tables. Forgot to buy them. Guess I'll have to wait until next time they go on sale...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Trials Evo DLC up tomorrow for 400pts. The new BMX looks awesome.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-04-trials-evolution-origin-of-pain-dlc-released-tomorrow

Trials Evolution's Origin of Pain DLC will be available tomorrow on Xbox Live Marketplace, Ubisoft has announced.

The download will cost 400 Microsoft Points (£3.40).

Origin of Pain will include 36 new tracks, more skill games, another wardrobe full of rider gear, plus a hundred extra track creator objects.

There's also a new BMX bike mode. The mind boggles.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In case anyone read my Windows Phone reviews on the first page of this thread and was interested in "Tentacles" (which I said was the killer app for WP7). It just got released on iOS today for 0.99. I realize Windows Phone was stretching it in an XBLA thread and iOS is even more peripheral, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it :p You can check it out here.

Happy Wars is launching fully October 12th, free to play, if you have xbox live gold, ahem.
Beta was fun I thought, will be nice to have more players, would be nice to see it get pushed since it's free to play.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Happy Wars is launching fully October 12th, free to play, if you have xbox live gold, ahem.
Beta was fun I thought, will be nice to have more players, would be nice to see it get pushed since it's free to play.
Is the beta over now or will it roll into the launch?

TwiztidElf

Is this all regions? /Australia?
I've been looking forward to this for quite a while, and we didn't get beta. :/

derFeef

Dat trailer. Dat BMX bikes.

In case anyone read my Windows Phone reviews on the first page of this thread and was interested in "Tentacles" (which I said was the killer app for WP7). It just got released on iOS today for 0.99. I realize Windows Phone was stretching it in an XBLA thread and iOS is even more peripheral, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it :p You can check it out here.

Tentacles may be my favourite WP7 game. Check it out guys.

Cheddahz

Banned
Hey guys so I went and got a 1600 MSP card today, bought VF5: FS since it was on sale and now I have around ten bucks left to spend, can anyone here recommend any good XBLA games for ten bucks?

Vert boil

I'm waiting for SA2 demo :(

yep. ;(

Principal Skinner said:
Sweet Georgia Brown! Something is rotten at the Simpson XBLA house.

They've been iffy for at least the past month. I get the feeling that either key people were poached for the Windows 8 store or they've been locked away to work on the 720.
Whatever it turns out to be they really need to sort things out.

Daigoro

they are trolling with that huge TRIALS EVO add on the dash for the new DLC. its still nowhere to be found.

oh well. im not in a rush. got all day here and a shitload of games i dont ahve enough time to play.

Trials though.

Top Bottom