• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

PopfulMail

Not exactly the right thread, but I guess here I will spread the news to the right audience.

ilomilo plus was released today (Windows 8 RT and Pro), including the original game plus two new chapters and three new cubes.

http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/pt-BR/app/ilomilo-plus/77b889d8-151d-48f0-a9df-21a23da36029/m/row

Going to play ilomilo for the third time!

OMG!!!!! Another reason why I need something to run W8!!! Ilomilo is one of my favorite XBLA games ever!!!

Vert boil

Just ran the scanner. Nothing fancy.

boxartlg.jpg

-----
boxartlg.jpg

-----
boxartlg.jpg

-----
boxartlg.jpg

Cheevo's popped up for Black Knight Sword a few days ago - http://exophase.com/game/black-knight-sword-xbox/achievements/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Don't know anything about Heart of Iron, looks like a board game? That's.. interesting...

Terraria using the old XBLA box design. Wonder if that's just the easiest / default one they use for box designs? You'd think it'd be phased out by now, and Terraria shouldn't have existed as a port back when they were being used...

Never heard of Black Knight Sword. Sorta hard to tell what kind of game it is from those shots.

Thankfully, there's trailers for it! (Those shots are kinda horrible):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxx5K7bq4Fw

It was announced about a year ago. Around the same time that we learned more about Sine Mora, if I remember right. Seemed to drop off the radar since then... but maybe now that Mora's ported to everything, it can get back on track.

Is that a Serious Sam 2D platformer or am I seeing things?

Yup. Already out on PC too. The XBLA port is suppose to have improved co-op and more stages and stuff, though, last we heard.

atomsk

Party Pooper

Vert boil

Won Red Bull Crashed Ice on playxbla last night. Just have to decide if I hate any of you enough to give away the code. ;)

Never heard of Black Knight Sword. Sorta hard to tell what kind of game it is from those shots.

As SAB CA said, announced last year at gamescom and there have only been a few previews. It appeared at a PAX and was playable in Japan a week or two ago.

Idea/story by Suda 51, music by Akira Yamaoka and mostly (if not all) developed by Digital Reality.

One print review popped up,
Black Knight's unique presentation is certainly memorable, and fans of hardcore combat platformers like Mega Man will relish its considerable challenges. But less masochistic souls will just curse up a blue streak and move on to something less merrily sadistic. [Nov 2012, p.77]
OXM, 7/10.

As well as Mega Man, other previews have mentioned Strider and Castlevania (but they didn't call it a metroidvania).

++

I just finished it 100% last week. "Enchanted" is the best word to describe what it did to me. A joy to play.

Best thing about playing FEZ at release was the effort by (what felt like) the internet-at-large helping each other out with all the puzzles, especially the monolith. It reminded me of the Demon's/Dark souls community, it was very cool.

Vert boil

Based off the demo Crashed Ice isn't too bad. All of the motions registered correctly and you'll get the timing down on the jump and duck ones within a few races. The only minor thing is you can get caught up on ice blocks that you burst through which can mess up a race.

Although Gez sits happily on top of my hate list... :3 if anyone has a kid that they abuse to get kinect achievements PM me and I'll choose someone tomorrow.

Question for anyone who played Dust, can I carry on playing after the ending?

I'm in the final area and would rather finish the game then do collectable stuff afterwards, just want to make sure I can.

Lima

Question for anyone who played Dust, can I carry on playing after the ending?

I'm in the final area and would rather finish the game then do collectable stuff afterwards, just want to make sure I can.

No you can't play after the ending but you can load your save up again after beating it and you will be at the last teleporter before the ending.

Vert boil

I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

Deadliest Warrior - 400msp (was 800)
--Expansion Pack 1 - 200msp (was 400)
Deadliest Warrior: Legends - 400msp (was 800)
--Joan of Arc DLC - 120msp (was 240)

-----

Dragon’s Lair - 400msp (was 800)

DJ Hero 2
--Indie Hip Hop Mix Pack - 320msp (was 640)

Guitar Hero 3
--Motörhead Track Pack - 250msp (was 500)

Guitar Hero WT
--The Killers Track Pack - 220msp (was 440)

Guitar Hero 5
--Fall Out Boy Track Pack - 220msp (was 440)
-----

Ubisoft Sale

Babel Rising - 400msp (was 800)
--Sky's the Limit - 120msp (was 240)
Beyond Good & Evil - 400msp (was 800)
From Dust - 800msp (was 1200)
Mad Riders - 400msp (was 800)
--Zambia Pack - 120msp (was 240)
Might and Magic: CoH - 600msp (was 1200)
--I Am the Boss - 120msp (was 240)
Outland - 400msp (was 800)
Prince of Persia Classic - 400msp (was 800)
Rayman 3 HD - 400msp (was 800)
Scott Pilgrim - 400msp (was 800)
--Knives Chau Add-on - 80msp (was 160)
Zeit² - 200msp (was 800)

AssCreed 1 - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

AssCreed 2 - 800msp/10$ (was 1600msp/20$) US price, check your region
--Sequence 12: Battle of Forli - 160msp (was 320)
--Sequence 13: Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - 280msp (was 560)

AssBro - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region
--The Da Vinci Disappearance - 400msp (was 800)

AssRev - 1600msp/20$ (was 2400/30$) US price, check your region
--Ancestors Character Pack - 160msp (was 320)
--Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack - 400msp (was 800)
--The Lost Archive - 400msp (was 800)

**I think they linked to PoP 2008 by mistake on the dashboard. I think they meant to link to PoP Classic. We'll see in a bit.

PoP 2008
--Epilogue - 400msp (was 800)

PoP: Forgotten Sands - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region

Splinter Cell: Conviction - 800msp/10$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region
--Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400msp (was 800)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved - 1200msp/15$ (was 1600/20$) US price, check your region
--Bundle: Toned Body and Cardio Boxing Platinum - 280msp (was 560)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 - 1200msp/15$ (was 2400/30$) **They could have reduced this by mistake**
--Bundle Pack: Back in Shape Lose It & Keep It Off! - 320msp (was 640)

-----
Sales & Specials+ app

Daytona USA - 400msp (was 800)
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage - 400msp (was 800)

Chain Reaction - Batman Arkham City

Bane Mask - 80msp (was 160) > Robin Bundle - 280msp (was 560) > Catwoman pack - 400msp (was 800) > Nightwing Pack - 280msp (was 560)

Hmmm. I was going to dive in and grab Splinter Cell Conviction, but it's 1080 ms points (or £8.99) in the U.K. I begrudge being ripped off, especially as they did the same with GTA IV last week :/

Is Deadliest Warrior any good? It must be OK if they made a sequel on it.

Edit: scrap that its got a 55% meta.

It's a different type of fighting game. Think Bushido Blade. Fun for $5 and if you go in with a open mind. I'm interested in the sequel...

JDdelphin

It's a different type of fighting game. Think Bushido Blade. Fun for $5 and if you go in with a open mind. I'm interested in the sequel...

I liked the first one. Very fun 2 player goofery.

From reports of my buds who enjoyed the first, they removed a lot of the fun factor with the 'legends' sequel sadly

vixlar

Ubisoft sale is good...

Beyond good and evil, Might and Magic, Scott Pilgrim, From Dust and Prince of Persia Classic are good deals... well, I think PoP must be a 400msp without the sale...

Rlan

At the very least you can see Arthur and Son-Son on there, and a 1942's plane? Super Joe as Commando?

Vert boil

Is that Speed Rumbler/ Rush n Crash I see on the front? Would love a bit of that

Is this likely to be Capcom Classics or Remixed repurposed for XBLA?

On another issue, where is Retro City Rampage?

It looks like the car from Speed Rumbler.

*shrug* on what they are planning but you have to expect they have been watching Sega.

The RCR dev held the game back so he could fix some problems that showed up in the original release. It shouldn't be too far off.

On a massive retro collection related tangent. Have SNK ever got close to pushing out their Neo Geo catalogue on XBLA? I've got the Wii collection and I'd pay good money for Sidekicks with online play via XBLA

Brakara

For someone who didn't like AC1 (too repetitive), is it worth picking up AC2, or is AC:B a better choice (or should I stay away completely)?

For someone who didn't like AC1 (too repetitive), is it worth picking up AC2, or is AC:B a better choice (or should I stay away completely)?

Brotherhood is the better of the two but Assassin's Creed 2 is a huge jump up over the first that I imagine it's still quite enjoyable. Also, it's good for the story bits if you care about that at all.

Edit: And to note about your issue with the first being too repetitive the second game fixed that. There's a lot more variety in missions and they flow better. That carries through to all the next games, naturally.

PJX

i see
vulgus
legendary wings
side arms
1942 / 1943
sonson
gunsmoke
ghost & goblins
black tiger
commando
higemaru
trojan warrior
section z
avengers
speed rumbler

Seems like Capcom Classic Collection 1 going by the list.

Brakara

Brotherhood is the better of the two but Assassin's Creed 2 is a huge jump up over the first that I imagine it's still quite enjoyable. Also, it's good for the story bits if you care about that at all.

Thanks, I don't really care about the story (thought the future bits were stupid), so I'll get AC:B then.

Edit: actually got AC2 instead since it was just 59NOK, while AC:B cost the same as AC:R (149NOK).

Whatever the Capcom thing is, count me in. I really wish all these could have just come to Game Room. Glad to see a few others share my frustration with that one - really cool idea that was pretty well executed on the front end, but just never seemed to have momentum on the back end/publisher side. The pubs probably didn't want to give over much control of the games to two layers of Microsoft's service. Capcom and Sega make more money putting it out themselves. At least Sega is making sure the emulation is spot-on by hiring M2. That was the other problem with Game Room.

Top Bottom