*Please Note that the updated CSTW, with bonus features such as Cthulhu's Angels, Bromides, and more, is now available on XBLIG, Steam, and Gamersgate! SO YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE ANY MORE! BUY NOW, BUY MULTIPLES, BUY BYE!*
Insane Stats of Interest:
- Developer/Publisher: Zeboyd Games
- Release Date: December 30th, 2010
- Genre: Save-The-World-To-Destroy-It-Playing-Game.
- Price: 240 MSP
- Marketplace Link: Cthulhu on Xbox.com (US)
- GamersGate: Gamersgate purchase page
- Steam: Steam Info Page
Official Press Release:
Zeboyd Games (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) is proud to announce the release of their new RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World for the XBox 360 on December 30th, 2010.
Cthuhu was all set to plunge the world into insanity and destruction when his powers were sealed by a mysterious sorcerer. The only way for him to break the curse is to become a true hero. Save the world to destroy it!
An epic 6-10 hour journey of redemption, romance, and insanity!
Classic 16-bit turn-based RPG style combined with the best of modern game design!
720p! Parallax scrolling! Backgrounds! Comic book style cutscenes!
A unique insanity system lets you inflict insanity on your opponents for fun and profit!
More accessible than ever before! 3 difficulty levels (Easy, Normal, Hard)! Save wherever you like! Collect 1-Ups to retry failed battles!
Over 20 awesome songs!
7 playable characters! Over 20 multi-character unite techniques!
3 bonus game modes for increased replay value!
All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death VII: The Beginning have returned fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, branching LV-Ups, and more!
Our previous RPG, Breath of Death VII: The Beginning, has been very successful with over 40,000 copies sold, a LTD trial to purchase conversion rate of over 66.6%, and high user ratings (4.5/5 stars on the US marketplace), says Zeboyd Games founder, Robert Boyd. With big improvements in every area, we expect Cthulhu Saves the World will become an even bigger success.
Cthulhu Saves the World is available now for 240 Microsoft Points ($3 USD) in all countries where XBox Live Indie Games are supported.
Cthulhu Saves the World is a proud member of the Indie Games Winter Uprising. For more information, check out the official website at http://www.indiegames-uprising.com/
For press inquiries about Cthulhu Saves the World or Zeboyd Games, contact Robert Boyd at email@example.com or visit our website at http://zeboyd.com
- Joystiq Indie Gems Cthulhu Saves the World review
It's rare to find a game that is both entertaining and genuinely funny, and so far Cthulhu Saves the World is both.
- GamesRadar Review 9/10
Honestly? This is too good to be stuck in the 360 indie game store
-- Its for players who love RPGs, players who no longer have time for the genre, or even players who just want a damn funny game. It looks old but it packs more personality than most big budget blockbusters. Cthulhu may not want be a hero, but hes helping to save a genre.
- Game Informer 5 Indie Games for the New Year
The Dragon Quest-style battles are fast. The characters are amusing. The gameplay is clever. And the campaign is lenghty; the game takes between 5 and 10 hours to complete, so youll definitely get your moneys worth.
- XBLA Fans review
What is well done, however, is that you are not overburdened with battles like in most RPG titles with random battle systems. You can get in a good number of steps before monsters will come knocking at the door.
- Indienerds review
The games reviewed here represent the best you can find on the Xbox Live Indie marketplace and when I tell you that Cthulhu Saves The World is one of the finest indie games I ever reviewed, you might want to consider skipping the review and just go ahead and download it.
- DIYGamer review
Its very fun, and creative? Who else could think this stuff up? And in a world where fun and creativity arent appreciated nearly as much as they should, Zeboyd has found a place in my heart. -- The game delivers on every front it intended to and goes above and beyond that in several areas. $3 is nothing for what you get in return
- Armless Octopus Review
Its absurd, its charming, and its a heck of a lot of fun. If you grew up playing RPGs, you really owe it to yourself to play Cthulhu Saves the World.
- Eurogamer/EDGE (8/10)
For 240 MS Points (just a shade over £2.00) it's pricier than most of its Indie peers. But Cthulhu Saves The World also justifies that investment by being more fun than a lot of 1200 Point Arcade games. At this price, you'd be a gibbering madman not to give it a go.
Reiterate!: Free Soundtrack (22 songs!):
- Soundtrack of Pretentious Squid... headed... things.
- Lower Quality Version for Slower Net Connections.
(Updated March 14th: NEW STUFF!
- FREE upate to owners of XBLA version / New Features of PC version:
- Cthulhu Saves the World: Super Hyper Enhanced Championship Edition Alpha Diamond DX Plus Alpha FES HD Premium Enhanced Game of the Year Collectors Edition (without Avatars!) official press release. (Thanks HadesGigas!)
Plus all of the great features already included in the original version of Cthulhu Saves the World!
- Cthulhus Angels game mode Cthulhu is too lazy to save the world so he talks a bunch of beautiful women into saving it for him! Features new dialogue, new playable characters (Molly the Were-Zompire! Elonalina the generic healer! Dark Knight Umi! Low level October!), new music, new abilities, and much, much more!
- Directors Commentary mode Specially marked commentary icons scattered throughout the game tell the inside story on how one of pop cultures most popular cosmic monstrosities became an RPG hero for great justice!
- Rebalanced Gameplay Many abilities and monsters have been rebalanced for even silkier smooth RPG gameplay! Plus a new Insanity difficulty mode and new super-hard bonus dungeon have been added to challenge even the best players ability to grind out higher LVs (because theyre really not as skilled as they like to brag)!
- Unlockable Character Bromides Due to the frothing demand for sexy Cthulhu art!
- More jokes Ftghan!
- An obscure hint to our next game Hey, why arent we working on that now instead?
- More options Toggle the running button, then untoggle it! Endless fun!
- Great value All previously released paid DLC bundled for free (note, previously released paid DLC does not exist)
- Longer credits To thank all the froody guys and gals at Kickstarter who helped make this project a reality!
- Celebrity cameos Cthulhu, the dog of e from Xbox Live! Robert Khoo of Penny Arcade (the benefits of being a fundraising benefactor)!