• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, I hope that they go into the old GDD and finish up a couple of levels which were cut due to time restraints, you know, to finish the campaign.

viveks86

I don't know how to process what's coming out the past few days. First, a new IP gets replaced for an already anticipated sequel. Now a sequel gets delayed for a next gen edition of a 10 year old game? All these would have been good news if we weren't getting one at the expense of the other!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Halo 5 getting delayed would not be ideal for them IMO.

Halo 5 wasn't targeted for 2014 at all. They may have sort of implied it, but I'm certain it never was. That E3 teaser was pretty obviously not attached to a game in production. And you can even think back to the fact that Halo 3 wasn't a 12-ish month into the generation release, it was a 24-ish month into the generation release.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Do they have any proven major titles for Fall 2014 anymore?

Depends on what you mean by proven. Track record helps QB If you mean established franchises that sell, Horizon 2 and Fable Legends if the latter makes it out this year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sunset Overdrive is supposed to come out this year and who really knows when QB is coming out. Otherwise not really...

Right, while I think new IP is good, I'm just kind of surprised they would bank entirely on it.

Depends on what you mean by proven. Track record helps QB If you mean established franchises that sell, Horizon 2 and Fable Legends if the latter makes it out this year.

Oh I guess there is Fable.

ascii42

Halo 5 wasn't targeted for 2014 at all. They may have sort of implied it, but I'm certain it never was. That E3 teaser was pretty obviously not attached to a game in production. And you can even think back to the fact that Halo 3 wasn't a 12-ish month into the generation release, it was a 24-ish month into the generation release.

Yeah, so ideally for this year they have what Gears 1 was for the 360.

thenexus6

Halo 2; I want epic graphics, four player co-op online with skulls, and EVERY Halo 2 map and I will buy an Xbox One right there and then.

dtg

Neo Member
If this is Halo 2 with solely upgraded graphics and maybe some new live features, I'd nearly be willing to buy a xbone for it. Halo 2 is one of those classic FPSses with just enough features where you can't really add anything onto it without adding meaningless fluff onto the game. Right up there with CS and Quake IMO.

Halo 5 in 2015? Didn't MS adamantly state that it was a 2014 release? Fall 2014 is not looking good for XB1 if it does get delayed.

ntkrnl

Exactly. Nobody ever said that CGI plonk was attached to 5...

Copenap

I don't know how to process what's coming out the past few days. First, a new IP gets replaced for an already anticipated sequel. Now a sequel gets delayed for a next gen edition of a 10 year old game?
Depending on the individual taste this could really have been either a great or a terrible week for an Xbone owner so far.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Phil Spencer was going on about how every three years wasn't frequent enough so I was assuming they were going to follow up on that: http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/09/21/ms-one-halo-game-every-three-years-not-frequent-enough

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Full multiplayer, including all DLC maps
60 FPS / 1080p
Dedicated Servers
Theater Mode + File Share
1 - 50 Ranks + Clan Support

I would be so happy. :'-)

Hmmm, I was hoping Halo 2 Anniversary would at least get an Xbox 360 release because I am not inclined to buy an Xbox One. My feelings might change after a few years If they release a Kinect-less SKU.

Grisby

I never really thought Halo 5 would be a 2014 game. I'll take one of Halo 2 though.

Crackdown 3 needs to hurry it's ass up.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Yeah, so ideally for this year they have what Gears 1 was for the 360.

I have a feeling Sunset Overdrive will be touted as the big game this year. Insomniac left Sony partially because they felt their games were not given the advertising/momentum from Sony they deserved. Also, would easily stand out from other shooters and might be easier to market than QB and its TV parts.

Tablo

Will buy a XB1 for this :D This is great, I started off on Halo 3 so getting to know H2 better with superior GFX will be epic.

Duxxy3

Right, while I think new IP is good, I'm just kind of surprised they would bank entirely on it.

Oh I guess there is Fable.

I think that Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break and Halo 2 Anniversary would make for a terrific fall lineup of exclusives.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Isn't Sony doing the same thing this year with The Order? Assuming Uncharted 4 is a 2015 title that is.

I don't think that's a great idea either, but at least they have the lower price/more powerful box proposition even if The Order ends up bombing.

EagleEyes

People are excited for this ?

I bought an xbox for Halo 5 :(
And its still coming lol. In the mean time I expect Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, Forza Horizon 2 and Halo 2 Anniversary to be their holiday lineup and Halo 5 and Quantum Break to be 2015. Sounds good to me. :)

I still think Halo 2 would be a weird game to charge $60 for, even more so than C.E.
The quality of the campaign, [largely excellent cutscenes] aside, is a bit more dubious that the rest of the series.

Amir0x

Banned

Do they have any proven major titles for Fall 2014 anymore?

Not sure what they have for 2014 holiday yet. Maybe Forza Horizon 2? If 'proven' is the distinction though, yeah it does look kind of empty.

But I am really looking forward to Sunset Overdrive. I can't imagine Quantum Break actually makes this year though. Or Fable Legends either for that matter.

Ugh, I loved Halo 2.

Why "ugh" then? Isn't it "yay, I loved Halo 2"! :p

Yeah, that's what I said back there. They said the journey will begin in 2014, they never said that Halo 5 would release in 2014. Halo 2 Anniversary is the beggining of that journey on the Xbox One.

*shrug*

Love H2 multi, but the campaign is all sorts of uneven compared to CE and disappointingly more flawed and practically broken when playing Legendary. They have to fix some gameplay stuff instead of a straight like-for-like next-gen HD conversion. At least it means H5 won't be rushed out too early.

I have a feeling Sunset Overdrive will be touted as the big game this year. Insomniac left Sony partially because they felt their games were not given the advertising/momentum from Sony they deserved. Also, would easily stand out from other shooters and might be easier to market than QB and its TV parts.

Ain't that the truth :lol

Halo 5 in 2015? Didn't MS adamantly state that it was a 2014 release? Fall 2014 is not looking good for XB1 if it does get delayed.

What has Sony got this fall besides The Order?

Genuine question before people shout troll. Also Halo 2 with multiplayer will be amazing. Yes please.

If they revive the multiplayer I'm all game, but if it's just the campaign with halo 4/5 multiplayer then I'm not really interested. The campaign was arguably the weakest of the Halo games.

Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Forza Horizons plus unnannounced stuff. Looking packed already.

I was under the impression that Fable Legends wasn't a 2014 title. Seemed like it was a little further behind in development than the other stuff they've shown.

Guess we'll find out at E3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom