• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I would LOVE for ALL Halos to eventually be available on Xbox One. I wonder if the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition might include Halo 1 Anniversary either via on disk or by download. It would actually be a great pre-order bonus or even a collector's edition bonus.

A bundle of the remade original trilogy would be great. We'll get that eventually. No way they would leave that easy money on the table.

It's funny, I look at people in this thread who say they'd buy a $500 console solely for a HD remake but then I think to myself, 'if this was PGR2 HD, I'd be saying exactly the same things' - horses for courses I guess.

MrDaravon

This makes sense; Halo 2 Anniversary/whatever edition you want to call it rumors have been floating around forever, and despite MS doubling down on saying Halo 5 was coming out this year I still don't see that happening.

I wonder a little bit where all these posts from people claiming it was obvious that H5 is a 2015 title were in all these discussions we had where it allways was pretty much seen as a given that it releases in 2014.

Considering two of their huge selling points were a game that was shown off and then subsequently killed. And their big hitter Halo 5 implied to be this year by ALL accounts now gone.

At what point do you draw the line in acceptability? They sold their system on lies.

Oh well, it's status quo these days.

GavinGT

Banned
If they neuter the online and make it another map pack then it will be another disappointment.

This is literally all that matters. Not that I loved Halo 2's multiplayer, having been a longtime Halo 1 MP fan before that. But if their focus is on the campaign, that's a seriously bad call.

As for Halo 5 potentially being a 2015 game, it's not surprising. Mainline Halo games have traditionally taken three years, and they'll especially need that kind of time when releasing their first game on a new console. Besides, Destiny will probably already scratch that itch for me this fall.

Miles X

Oh, ok. I was under the impression they had set no date. I guess that is their big November game then. Makes sense not to have that and H5 at the same time.

Now September is wide open I expect Sunset and Quantum Break around then actually. November is a risky month to launch new IP, everything gets cannibalized by the yearly stuff. Halo 2 Anniversary will obviously be November 11th, no way will they launch another exclusive alongside it with what I just mentioned.

Fable I would bet on August, it's usually august. Forza is usually October. So Sunset for September and QB for October?

DuaL FING wielding SON.

itUJBw4ykY9pA.gif

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It wasn't as good as the first, but it had some great ideas and Ruffian weren't really given enough time to make a proper sequel, which is why it felt more like an expansion. A 2 -3 year development time and proper funding for CD3 should make any CD fan very excited.

Not only that, Cloudgine are involved and one of the co-founders is none other than Dave Jones.

I'm with you on this, one of my fav games ever. Give someone the time to do it justice.

Copenap

Considering two of their huge selling points were a game that was shown off and then subsequently killed. And their big hitter Halo 5 implied to be this year by ALL accounts now gone.

At what point do you draw the line in acceptability? They sold their system on lies.

Pretty much the vibe I get as well.

Orlics

If you plan on buying an Xbox One for this, you only have to save $50-60 per month to afford it by the time it comes out.

They played the technical card. Seems they never said that Halo 5 would be out in 2014, just that Halo would be out in 2014...
The trailer that was shown at E³ was Halo 5, or whatever they will call it, and a sequel to Halo 4 with the masterchief, not a remake. And the trailer cleary said 2014.

Rob Semsey (PR Manager for Halo) in January on Twitter:
"Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm"
- The new Halo title will come out 2014, not a remake!

PBY

Banned

Things change?

Here's the website for the company mentioned in relation to Crackdown 3.

Link.

They're a cloud company who are "building the next generation multi-player Cloud Gaming experience, where all game logic and the rendering for individual clients is carried out in the Cloud."

They're based in Edinburgh too, so it would keep the Scottish connection within Crackdown (reminder for those with dim memories: RealTime Worlds and Ruffian Games, the respective developers of Crackdown 1 and Crackdown 2, are based in Dundee).

The question now is who is the actual developer?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Why would they include another multiplayer,doesn't make sense.

They added Reach's multiplayer to Halo:AE, but given that the original Halo had no online multiplayer, that was a different situation. So one can hope.

It's a great idea to do Halo 2 remake first. Get that multiplayer down, let the fans rejoice, and then just replicate the fundamentals with new H5 goodness.

Use H2 as a starting point, not H4

GeoMatrix

Banned
The trailer that was shown at E³ was Halo 5, or whatever they will call it, and a sequel to Halo 4 with the masterchief, not a remake. And the trailer cleary said 2014.

Rob Semsey (PR Manager for Halo) in January on Twitter:
"Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm"
- The new Halo title will come out 2014, not a remake!

Where did you see it say Halo 5 in the trailer? Exactly

Kibbles

Alternate ending I guess would just be battling through the forerunner ship and jumping out at the start of Halo 3.

RoKKeR

ntkrnl has gotten me really excited for MS's future lineup. Lots of awesome stuff on the horizon if this all pans out.

Elginer

This news is true will REALLY make me look at an Xbone and I don't one. Fuck my love of Halo.

When it was good that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom