• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinGT

Banned
My guess is that, since Halo 2 was already made for online play, it's more likely they'll be able to include the original multiplayer. One of the problems with bringing Halo CE multiplayer online was that it probably would've meant updating a ton of really fundamental code.

Toki767

The trailer that was shown at E³ was Halo 5, or whatever they will call it, and a sequel to Halo 4 with the masterchief, not a remake. And the trailer cleary said 2014.

Rob Semsey (PR Manager for Halo) in January on Twitter:
"Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm"
- The new Halo title will come out 2014, not a remake!

I'm sure what he meant to say was your next-gen Halo journey will begin in 2014.

If true about Halo 5, XB1 dropped off my radar for this holiday. Maybe a Wii U, but I'll probably focus on backlog and PS4 games.

The trailer that was shown at E³ was Halo 5, or whatever they will call it, and a sequel to Halo 4 with the masterchief, not a remake. And the trailer cleary said 2014.

Rob Semsey (PR Manager for Halo) in January on Twitter:
"Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm"
- The new Halo title will come out 2014, not a remake!

Begin is a suspect word, its not Halo 5. Its Halo 2 but they want to surprise people.

Where did you see it say Halo 5 in the trailer? Exactly
You realize that the shown things in the trailer are clearly not Halo 2, right?
Also, Axis Animation, who made the trailer, released their original version of the trailer and it clearly titles Halo 5 at the end (this is no fake, it was uploaded on Axis Animations Channel but removed later as MS found out that they showed the name H5)

There were that posts on MS facebook sites with the clear statement Halo 5 is coming 2014 too

Serick

Married Member
Seriously...

The real news here is the Halo trailer this past E3 was a bait and switch.

Yeah, I'm totally torn. While I'd love to buy a Halo 2 HD Remake, I really don't want to "reward" their "behavior" with a purchase.

Delay = bait and switch now?

Showing a big bad ass flashy Halo trailer followed my statements like "Your next halo journey will be in 2014!!111!!1!" is sort of bait and switch IMO.

hao chi

I'll be salty as fuck if this remake has its own multiplayer and not just maps for Halo 5 or whatever after what happened with the Combat Evolved remake, considering Combat Evolved has the best multi in the series IMO.

jelly

Imagine they did Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer with Halo 4 like Halo CE with Reach.

How the internet would explode.

GavinGT

Banned
Tell me about J Allard. Is he alright?

Imagine they did Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer with Halo 4 like Halo CE with Reach.

One reason this wouldn't happen is that Xbox One doesn't have an existing Halo game to just tack a map pack onto.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, I'm totally torn. While I'd love to buy a Halo 2 HD Remake, I really don't want to "reward" their "behavior" with a purchase.
I don't understand this. It's still coming? Shit I got ps+ and I'm still waiting on DC. Things change not everything is a nefarious plan to screw you over.

ampere

Rumor verified by Bish, eh?

I'm honestly a bit giddy about this, I loved Halo 2.

Wouldn't buy an Xbox1 over it, but it's cool stuff. I'll definitely want to see what they change and add.

GeoMatrix

Banned
Also, Axis Animation, who made the trailer, released their original version of the trailer and it clearly titles Halo 5 at the end (this is no fake, it was uploaded on Axis Animations Channel but removed later as MS found out that they showed the name H5)

There were that posts on MS facebook sites with the clear statement Halo 5 is coming 2014 too

MS lied then, sorry?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Yes, but it wouldn't make sense. Halo:CE had no online multiplayer, so they had to add Reach's existing implementation to save work. In addition, Reach was already implemented on the 360. With Halo 2, the original game had online multiplayer, and in addition, there is no already implemented version of any Halo multiplayer on the XBO.

The situation is different.

Serick

Married Member
I don't understand this. It's still coming? Shit I got ps+ and I'm still waiting on DC. Things change not everything is a nefarious plan to screw you over.

I'm referring to HD remakes in general. It will more than likely be full price.

If it's not full price I'm in with no guilt.

We also got the Preorder Site from Microsoft with the hint, what Halo Xbox One officially is about:

Halo for Xbox One takes the now-legendary saga to new heights and is one of the most anticipated games for the new console.

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted.

Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One

The description is gone, but just look at the actual preorder site:
Halo for Xbox One
The award-winning Halo franchise continues on Xbox One, beginning in 2014.

Eh, I don't see H2A as being particularly worthwhile.

H2's campaign was a clusterfuck and boring as hell. It's the only (Bungie-made) Halo campaign I've only completed once. A shiny gold-plated turd is still a turd.

I loved Halo 2's multiplayer, but most of that was due to the high quality of the maps. There were a huge amount of bad gameplay decisions. Now if you had H2's maps, netcode from Reach, features from later on in the franchise (forge, saved films, file share) and fixed the many sandbox problems with H2 (ditch dual wielding, ridiculous tracking on plasma pistol, power weapon spawns, etc.), I'd be all over that, and would probably buy an Xbone just to play it.

TheOddOne

This was found out way later after the initial E3 reveal.

Makes sense that they scrapped the number 5, because the remake was in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom