• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since QB is episodic I wonder if it will come out at a yearly basis?
How many episode it will have?
and how long will one episode be?

Also will it have MP?

Chettlar

Banned
If the Halo 2 remake turns out to be true they better NOT take out any of the Easter eggs or glitches. I want this remake to be intact just with flasher updated graphics.

I doubt they will, at least extensively. Easter eggs are certainly going to be kept. They would be murdered if they tried to get rid of, say, the scarab gun.

I say doubt because, well look at CEA. I don't think they really fixed anything in that game. Upgraded graphics, added skulls, and that's it. I think Saber and CA will keep that philosophy.

What? It was a legitimate question. Developers generally have things they try to shoot for. According to ntkrnl, the next mainline Halo isn't scheduled till next year, yet Stinkles already said they are shooting for 60 fps. I just wanted to know if they are trying to spread that around all the Halo titles if they can.

it's bolded because I sent him a PM about something else and mentioned it. It's so he can find it without having to scan the thread.

If H2A doesn't have the original halo 2 multiplayer with everything intact like ranking system, glitches, etc. not buying it. I got suckered once buying the first anniversary but not again.

Ok, Crackdown + The Cloud as a dedicated server type thing is the perfect game.

Imagine a stupidly huge city with around a hundred agents running around and having a grand old time. Stuff blowing off everywhere, like Just Cause MP but with daft objectives that cycle.

oh gosh i want that.

Needs to have a traditional campaign as well though. And transforming vehicles.

derFeef

Ok, Crackdown + The Cloud as a dedicated server type thing is the perfect game.

Imagine a stupidly huge city with around a hundred agents running around and having a grand old time. Stuff blowing off everywhere, like Just Cause MP but with daft objectives that cycle.

oh gosh i want that.

I was saying the exact same thing when all the cloud jokes came up. Server side generated content and massive playerlist ... mmhhh.

Pain

Banned
My guess Halo 2 HD

and

TitanFall bundle

MS made a mistake revealing Halo 5 so early imho
We're getting Titanfall bundle in March...unless you think they'll pull a FIFA and force bundle it?

About Halo 5, other people have said Microsoft played all their cards. With the Gears announcement yesterday I think they may have been right. Will there be any surprises at E3?

Uncharted will not come out in 2014. Absolutely nothing has been shown or said of that game other than a brief 30 second teaser of a map and a voice over.

Which means holiday 2015 is going to be massive. Fallout 4 (possibly), halo 5, and uncharted 4.

I still believe it'll make 2014 based on the previous reveal to release cycles of Uncharted 2 and 3; however, if it does slip till next year then yea, 2015 will be a pretty big year.

Halo 2 with original multiplayer would be huge. People would go nuts for that.

I'd love it as much as a next guy but I'd be lying if I said a remake has the same impact as a full fledged sequel. How much did Halo Anniversary sell compared to the rest of the series? I would think MS would want it out as their big Holiday title.

def sim

Folk sure do love Halo 2.

For me and the group I played with back then, a lot of it has to do with the fact that Xbox Live was such a primitive online experience and Halo 2 had the very beginnings of modern xbox live built into it. If we wanted to play spies vs mercs on pandora or chaos theory, phantom dust, or whatever else we always met up on Halo 2 first.

The game was pretty fun, too.

Yama

The Halo 5 beta access is making me nervous, it could be sold as the "multiplayer" portion of the package more or less. I want the original multiplayer intact and if not, at least something showcasing the Halo 5 multiplayer engine scaled down to accommodate Halo 2. It would be beautiful to see a true next generation Lockout after all.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hah, just checked if my Halo 2 Video Fan Site was still up from moving servers and it is!

http://www.vertigogaming.net/halo2/halo2.htm

My proudest moment is when Bungie used my "Explosions in the Sky" vid for a presentation they did on Halo 2.

Awesome times.

edit: aw all the links are dead. Maybe someone uploaded them somewhere.

Dead

well not really...yet
They will probably use it as a sneak peak for Halo 5 multi using H2s maps.

Wouldn't hold my breath for OG halo 2 MP

For me and the group I played with back then, a lot of it has to do with the fact that Xbox Live was such a primitive online experience and Halo 2 had the very beginnings of modern xbox live built into it. If we wanted to play spies vs mercs on pandora or chaos theory, phantom dust, or whatever else we always met up on Halo 2 first.

Yep. Everyone always came back to halo 2 as well. We would have a few months of splinter cell or phantom dust but we always returned to halo 2. It never got old. Worst thing was the mods getting loosed on that game at least in matchmaking.

Ding ding ding.

uOObNWE.gif

Yama

I remember using the PGR2 and Halo 2 pre-game lobbies as chat parties while playing other games, haha. Good times.

JackHerer

^Will probably not be included in the game unfortunately (assuming any of this is true of course).

I thought Halo 5/One had been confirmed for this year? Not that I'm necessarily against this. As long as the Halo 2 actually has the classic multiplayer included and is faithful to the original - unlike the first Anniversary Halo - then I'm on board.

RoKKeR

That doesn't make sense though. MS needs something big for the Holidays. Halo 2 would be great, sure, but it wouldn't have nearly (not even close) the same effect as Halo 5 coming out especially if Sony gets Uncharted out this year. I would have thought it'd be Halo 5 this year, Halo 2 Anniversary sometime next year.

If Quantum Break slips into 2015, then what would be their big Holiday 2014 title? Sunset Overdrive?

Egh, we know about the same amount of info for the X1 games as we do for PS4. We've no idea when Quatum Break, Halo, the new Forza, Fable, or SO will come out other than some vague 2014 statements for a few of them. Same thing for Sony with The Order, Uncharted, and Driveclub (along with their entire Japanese lineup).
Have you not been reading this thread? Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, and H2A are coming 2014 according to the verified insider. Fable is Summer 2015 as well.

viveks86

What? It was a legitimate question. Developers generally have things they try to shoot for. According to ntkrnl, the next mainline Halo isn't scheduled till next year, yet Stinkles already said they are shooting for 60 fps. I just wanted to know if they are trying to spread that around all the Halo titles if they can.

it's bolded because I sent him a PM about something else and mentioned it. It's so he can find it without having to scan the thread.

Yeah it is a legitimate question. I'd just thought you were poking fun at the whole 1080p/60 obsession by bolding yours as the most important question of them all. My bad. :)

V_Ben

Banned
Needs to have a traditional campaign as well though. And transforming vehicles.

Oh of course. If you find a campaign mission, you + your party go in to that, and you're instanced off. As soon as you're out though... havoc.

And no shit Transforming vehicles! I want Microsoft to go fucking nuts, give me god damn robotech or something mixed in there, let me transform from a boat to a plane and then a tank while skydiving.

gosh.

I was saying the exact same thing when all the cloud jokes came up. Server side generated content and massive playerlist ... mmhhh.

Also, a tangible benefit of the cloud. If you tell people that 'the cloud' lets them have hundreds of agents online messing shit up, they'll listen.

E92 M3

Yep. Everyone always came back to halo 2 as well. We would have a few months of splinter cell or phantom dust but we always returned to halo 2. It never got old. Worst thing was the mods getting loosed on that game at least in matchmaking.

Thinking back to the days of Halo 2 multiplayer makes me feel all warm inside. I always try to replicate that feeling, but so far have not been successful.

We're getting Titanfall bundle in March...unless you think they'll pull a FIFA and force bundle it?

About Halo 5, other people have said Microsoft played all their cards. With the Gears announcement yesterday I think they may have been right. Will there be any surprises at E3?

How you know a titanfall bundle is coming? Also MS has many more cards,people said the exact same thing before E3 last year and we saw what happened.

Have you not been reading this thread? Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, and H2A are coming 2014 according to the verified insider. Fable is Summer 2015 as well.

I hadn't read about Quantum Break, alright then, fair trade. I'd much rather have that this year then Halo 5, might even get me on the X1 train if accompanied by a price cut this Holiday season. Otherwise, I guess I'll wait till 2016.

Still, Halo 5 would have a much greater effect than all these games combined, sales wise at least.

Wait is the Fable = 2015 rumor/leak about Fable Legends? If so I'm crashing on my hype :(

Thought for a sec there was going to be a new real Fable game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom