• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'll see how this goes, as I always do with rumors.

All of those games have either been rumored or are definitely in the works regardless, but I can't wait to see what Crackdown 3 would look like, and if Halo 2 Anniversary really does exist, if it will have multiplayer with all of the maps.

Pain

Banned
I mean one year later in the xbox one's life.
Well they announced it and even said 2014. I'm sure that was their plan at the time. There's no way they would have revealed it so early otherwise.

I imagine their schedule looked something like this: 2013 Reveal, 2014 E3 On-Stage Demo, September Beta, Holiday 2014 Release.

I doubt they will, at least extensively. Easter eggs are certainly going to be kept. They would be murdered if they tried to get rid of, say, the scarab gun.

I say doubt because, well look at CEA. I don't think they really fixed anything in that game. Upgraded graphics, added skulls, and that's it. I think Saber and CA will keep that philosophy.

All hell will break loose if they took that out, I hope they honour the philosophy.

ntkrnl

ah okay.
other question - aren't you scared? lol

I am incapable of fear.

Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad.

This is probably going to end up being Halo 2 with Halo 4 multiplayer.

In which case...

im-out-of-here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-348.gif

Chobel

I am incapable of fear.

Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad.

Please tell us about Rare projects?

Yama

H2A is not 60 fps? Fuck 1080p, we want 60fps.

Yeah, as corny as those original rumors were of the game being upscaled from 720p while the HUD and gun were 1080p, I actually thought it was a good idea if achieving 60fps was the end result.

I would honest to god buy an Xbox One if Halo 2 Anniversary comes out this year and is exactly as I'd want it to be.

Let's hope the multi-player isn't just Halo 4's engine with Halo 2 maps slapped in.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
But the game already has diverse, playable maps with fantastic art direction. There's finally not a need to fix the on disc selection. :)
Forge really gives the Halo games legs, especially Reach's forge. The shit people created using those limited tools are amazing, and kept people coming back for a long time.

I really hope no one fucks with the multiplayer. Give me the same maps, update the UI and we're golden. I don't want perks or none of that COD business in my Halo 2.
+1

This is terrible news for MS. Remakes are a poor substitute for real games under the best of circumstances, and this is a remake of the worst Halo campaign (well, second worst if you count Halo 4).

Really have to wonder what their "big" holiday title is if Halo and Gears are both scheduled for next year.

Improve the single player and keep the multiplayer the same and I'd be thrilled with this!
...but if this is like Halo Anniversary I'm worried they will probably do the opposite (keep single player the same and change the multiplayer) :(

I'd love it if they did a total remake of the single player. Have that level that Bungie showed at E3 but wasn't in the finished game, put in a final conclusion level after MC gets back to Earth and ends with him jumping into the atmosphere, etc.

Well they announced it and even said 2014. I'm sure that was their plan at the time. There's no way they would have revealed it so early otherwise.

I imagine their schedule looked something like this: 2013 Reveal, 2014 E3 On-Stage Demo, September Beta, Holiday 2014 Release.

I think they revealed it to let people know officially that its coming but also they deliberately did not call it Halo 5 because they planned it this way. major nelson mentioned bees which is an old marketing style for Halo 2 back in 2004,i think that was a hint for Halo 2 on xbox one.

This is terrible news for MS. Remakes are a poor substitute for real games under the best of circumstances, and this is a remake of the worst Halo campaign (well, second worst if you count Halo 4).

Really have to wonder what their "big" holiday title is if Halo and Gears are both scheduled for next year.

Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive? Combined with Destiny?

Good news, in my opinion. Gives a chance for the new IPs (Sunset Over Drive and Quantum Break!) to shine. Also means that Halo 5 will have more dev time. Halo 2 was the game most in-need of a remake. Didn't Frankie say something about still having the E3 2003 build somewhere? That would make a great extra.

Chobel

BooThisMan.gif

I am incapable of fear.

Great response. I'm excited for a couple of the games you confirmed already. Can't wait

V_Ben

Banned

This is my only big worry. Anniversary 1 didn't set the world on fire, but it did well, because it's a Halo game. However, being the first Halo game on the Xbox One means that it'll sell well regardless.

Creatively uninteresting, perhaps. But in a platform's first year of existence? The name means more than the fact that it's a remake. Besides, Multiplayer!

You would rather them rush Halo 5? I wouldn't. You know there are other games coming right? Supposedly Quantum Break is this fall and sunset as well.

Yama

Forge really gives the Halo games legs, especially Reach's forge. The shit people created using those limited tools are amazing, and kept people coming back for a long time.

I completely agree, as I too Forged competitive maps due to the lack of smaller 2v2 and 1v1 selections. I did some pieces with Mickraider who had a few of his selected for matchmaking, it's a great and insightful community. As much fun as it is however, Halo 2's map selection is unrivaled and luckily there isn't a need for this. That's what Halo 5 is for after all, I want to play Halo 2 in order to enjoy Halo 2.

Chettlar

Banned
H2A is not 60 fps? Fuck 1080p, we want 60fps.

I know, same reaction I have. :(

Does somebody want to start a twitter thing about this? Can't mention Halo 2 Anniversary, or they'll never acknowledge it, but maybe something along the lines of:

#60fpshalo and #xboxone or maybe combine the two. idk.

belushy

Banned
I am incapable of fear.

So how long is "eventually" for the 'all sorts of stuff"? :p

Flagship title for the XBO in 2014 will be a port of a decade old game.

Right? Since Fable, Gears and Crackdown, and Halo 5 aren't coming. I guess there's Forza Horizon 2.

KoopaTheCasual

I knew Halo 5 would never make 2014, because MS specifically avoided saying "Halo 5 is coming in 2014". People refused to listen to me. However having Halo 2 anniversary with Halo 5 beta access is an amazing way to save the holiday season, as well as build up hype for Halo 5 in 2015. Well played.

I am incapable of fear.

I'm actually surprised that more MS employees haven't spilled the beans. They all seem to have stuff that is coming out which could help shift the news cycle, but the higher ups have a set plan on information releases.

DEADEVIL

Glad its coming, just a shame its not coming to Xbox 360. To finish the collection :)

image_zps50883265.jpg

The 360 collection IS finished and all still playable.

Now we need a new ONE.

Come onnnnn MS call a couple of alcohol binged ex-Ensemble devs, throw some of that lovely new IP budget money and sneak in Halo Wars 2. Between that all of these game announcements you guys just secured like $1000 in games from me alone.

QUOTE=BrokenEchelon;98875029]Flagship title for the XBO in 2014 will be a port of a decade old game.

Right? Since Fable, Gears and Crackdown, and Halo 5 aren't coming. I guess there's Forza Horizon 2.[/QUOTE]

Is Forza H2 even confirmed or are they going for Project Gotham. H2A wouldn't be considered a flagship regardless who how great the news is. I'm wondering if Quantum or Sunset will go gold this year.

Chettlar

Banned
Very poor looking lineup ahead if this is the case. No wonder MS bought out Titanfall

Not sure if serious. 2014 is looking to have a great official lineup currently, not to mention the rumors about another racer coming in 2014, and I don't know that MS has ever published a bad racer. Even PGR (was it 4?) wasn't a bad game by any stretch.

Yama

Whether I agree or disagree has no bearing here, because your post still proves a valid point. The campaign alone is not going to push consoles, though a polished multiplayer will (whether it's 1:1 or a visual upgrade that stays true in every other aspect).

V_Ben

Banned
Their big 2014 release is a remake? Halo is their main franchise, but dayum...

No, their 2014 Halo release is H2A (i guess we can count H4 GOTY and H: Spartan Assault as 2013's?), their big releases are titanfall, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. I'm happier to see new IP take centre stage this year, let them bring a remake out while H5 is given longer.

Halo is kind of an annual thing for them, come rain or shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom