• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, why was a version of the trailer produced with a Halo 5 logo then?

I assume the trailer WAS for Halo 5, but the Halo game teased for 2014 was always planned to be HALO 2 Anniversary?

It's odd how people are trying to act like Halo 5 wasn't heavily talked about for this year, you would be called crazy before today if you speculated Halo 5 wouldn't make it for 2014. It's alright to say the 5th entry got pushed back and Anniversary is in it's place. I don't know how well a remake is going to do in place of a mainline sequel though.

jem0208

I am incapable of fear.

Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad.

What game are you guys most excited about announcing?

BooThisMan.gif

Booooooooooooo! :mad:

Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive? Combined with Destiny?

Two games that will likely be fun but don't have a dev history of really pushing massive units. From a strictly sales perspective, they lack an exclusive heavy hitter atm (Halo Anniversary didn't sell nearly as well as a mainline game).

Destiny is being pimped as a PS4 title with ads and DLC.

Nafai1123

Banned
Flagship title for the XBO in 2014 will be a port of a decade old game.

Right? Since Fable, Gears and Crackdown, and Halo 5 aren't coming. I guess there's Forza Horizon 2.

Has Forza Horizon 2 even been announced? I'm not sure why people are so positive it's coming this year. They will have QB and SO though.

Edit: NM! ntkrnl droppin all kinds of bombs today!

DesertFox

Halo 2 HD is an exciting prospect, but let's face it, the main appeal with Halo 2 was it's multiplayer. After seeing how they handled Halo CEA, I doubt that we'll get the entire package that we're wishing for.

This is probably going to end up being Halo 2 with Halo 4 multiplayer.

Yep... exactly

No, their 2014 Halo release is H2A (i guess we can count H4 GOTY and H: Spartan Assault as 2013's?), their big releases are titanfall, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. I'm happier to see new IP take centre stage this year, let them bring a remake out while H5 is given longer.

Halo is kind of an annual thing for them, come rain or shine.

Halo is not annual. A re release counts as annual now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I completely agree, as I too Forged competitive maps due to the lack of smaller 2v2 and 1v1 selections. I did some pieces with Mickraider who had a few of his selected for matchmaking, it's a great and insightful community. As much fun as it is however, Halo 2's map selection is unrivaled and luckily there isn't a need for this. That's what Halo 5 is for after all, I want to play Halo 2 in order to enjoy Halo 2.
I'm talking about weird minigames and stuff. They really add to Halo's appeal now, especially for younger Minecraft generation. They make almost zero difference to me -- I'm a 4v4 MLG settings type of player. But it's huge for a significant number of people, and would be fun to have in Halo 2. I don't think it's that big of a deal, though. It's not a make or break feature in this case, just a fun extra.

Two games that will likely be fun but don't have a dev history of really pushing massive units. From a strictly sales perspective, they lack an exclusive heavy hitter atm (Halo Anniversary didn't sell nearly as well as a mainline game).

Destiny is being pimped as a PS4 title with ads and DLC.

Destiny is multiplat and bungie xbox fans will buy it. I won't be surprised if it sells more on xbox one. None have a big exclusive this fall actually. TitanFall is out in the spring and they can market it again in the fall.

Trey

It's odd how people are trying to act like Halo 5 wasn't heavily talked about for this year, you would be called crazy before today if you speculated Halo 5 wouldn't make it for 2014. It's alright to say the 5th entry got pushed back and Anniversary is in it's place. I don't know how well a remake is going to do in place of a mainline sequel though.

One of the most popular online multiplayer games of all time with modern accouterments (better ranking system, better graphics, dedicated servers, etc) and an aggressive price point would do well.

FrankT

Smart to basically give the slot to Destiny for Sept up until COD. I'm fine with an extra half year-year in the cooker. 3 years should make for an incredible Halo. I look forward to Halo 2 X1. It better take full advantage of the hardware.

However, if it was just Forza Horizon for the fall with it then it would be a bit weak for the holiday. Need QB or Sunset otherwise imo.

Bgamer90

Banned
Has Forza Horizon 2 even been announced? I'm not sure why people are so positive it's coming this year. They will have QB and SO though.

I would say that Forza Horizon 2 is real. There's too many hints.

In terms of it coming out this year, I definitely think that it will. There seems to be a pattern now of "Motorsport" every odd year with "Horizon" coming every even year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom