• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo, xbone sales have slowed noticeably enough that MS is getting worried, and they feel it's time to 'leak' numerous infoes on xbone's bright (white!) future.

smart move. Sure, they could hold a press event, by why? Word will spread just as fast this way, too.

Well the benefit of having stuff "leaked" is that you can gauge how the community reacts to the news and act accordingly. If you make an announcement you can't take it back but a leak is not confirmed or denied

Quantum Break is definitely not coming out this year.

I'm surprised MS would bank on Sunset Overdrive that much. I love Insomniac as a company, but their track record on PS3 ranged from pretty good to downright bad.

Yeah they're hit or miss. Plus the art style of Sunset Overdrive is ugly IMO. Still though MS has a lot lined up the first year if the rumors are true

New002

1385020595-white-xbox-one.jpg

VCR my ass. Sexiest console ever right here.

I won't sell my day one edition to get this...I won't sell my day one edition to get this...

D:

ironcreed

Banned
Damn now the question is Xbone in March with Titanfall or wait until October for the White SKU and Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2?

I want the white one so damn bad, but I may not be able to wait. Funny thing, though. Seeing it in white made me like it in black as well.

VanWinkle

Looks as much a shooter as Dead Rising, Crackdown, Saints Row, GTA. Haven't seen gameplay yet but it looks like a third person openworld game with lots of crazy weapons. I wouldn't classify it as a shooter from what I know of it at this point.

You don't know enough to say it's not a shooter. From what we can tell, I'd put more stock in it being a shooter. "Open world" and "third person" aren't genres, and "lots of crazy weapons" is a good piece of evidence towards "shooter".

Bgamer90

Banned
Lol, $399 for a optical drive-less console, but not a Kinect-less console... just lol.

It's going to be a while before they consider dropping kinect (or possibly never). They feel that it's a huge part of what differentiates the Xbox One to the other consoles.

Price drop(s)/new SKUs with cutbacks will happen before they ever decide to remove kinect.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
These are very good news! Many games, and the important ones are coming out this year. QB here we come!

So, uhm, does this mean we're going to sit through 2 hours of MS conference with them saying things we already know?

Lima

Not to rain on anyones parade, this list looks great but is anything here unexpected at all? Not to me... also hype for games 2 years from now is pretty low... I could just wait two years, maybe pick up an xbox for 349 and grab a library...

You know the same can be said for PS4. It is never a smart choice to pick up these systems at launch but we are doing it anyways.

FoeHammer

The best thing about this is the Crackdown nod. We've heard rumors before but specifically mentioning Dave Jones new company let me know this guy is at least on the right track. Phil Spencer tweeted "Wonder what Dave Jones is up to?" when asked about Crackdown before E3 if I remember correctly...

Just to add to this further. I've also heard a disc-less console has been in testing. No idea if that'll ever make it to market, but it's definitely something they've been testing.

or congratulating him on a job well done. Either way, this is creating some good buzz for xbone one.

yeah either a lot of people are so angry right now because months of work of marketing and careful planning just went out the window (remember, devs might already be working on the titles for some time now and are so excited to tell it to the world only for a gaffer to post info on those things. ouch.) or a lot of people are pumping their fists for successfully making some positive news for the xbone and starting a hype train through a "leaker" with unknown motives ($3 cpm for this thread? congrats leaker!)

at least peeps are going to get crackdown 3.

vg260

Interesting stuff. Unfortunately, I'm realizing I'm not an Xbox exclusive fan, and if true, this stuff is not gonna drive my system purchase. Only KI really interests me, and it's not enough. I was big into the 360, but it was really only due to the system performance and features with multiplatform games. I don't think even any of these leaks are enough to push to to get an Xbox One for at least another year, maybe two with the disappointing system specs/performance. I do really like the Xbox One controller though. If the system had parity with the PS4, it would be a whole different story for me.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
No optical drive at $399.

Sounds plausible. The rumor before launch was having no optical drive at all. So nerf the kintect but then take the optical drive out at $400 forcing you to pay retail/next to retail for digital content.....thus negating any physical copies new/used that you could get at a lower price.

Sounds about right, and wouldn't surprise me one bit. Shake and bake old ideas and bring em back into the equation.

I still feel to get numbers moving theyll have a kinectless sku. especially after freeing up the 8% for devs. If you really think your product will sell, and people actually want it, theyll go fork out the cash for the kinect easily. Otherwise you bundle it in and force a sale....

FrankT

This is incredibly smart. They need to generate buzz, so all of the viral doom and gloom bullshit will get washed away. It's going to be an awesome system if you just give it time, folks.

It's already a very robust system. Switching from Live TV to game to Twitch to Netflix it's just instant and so good. There are a number of things they need to fix and will in short order I have no doubt. There are number of improvements they will implement over time.

The only question is software and if this leak is anything to go by it is going to be a solid year in that department. Four exclusives for fall from MS with two new IP is about as rare as it gets. I hope they can maintain this throughout the generation. That is the real question and in my mind save Rrod the only place they failed last gen.

dmr87

The Verge confirming some stuff

Microsoft is preparing to release its first major Xbox One dashboard update in March. Sources familiar with the plans have revealed to The Verge that the update will focus on fixing a number of issues with the Xbox Live service on the console, alongside other system fixes. Party-chat problems and issues with the usability and placement of social features of Xbox Live will be improved with the update. The update timing was first revealed by a forum poster at NeoGAF, and The Verge has verified it separately.

The anonymous forum poster also claims Microsoft will release a white version of its Xbox One console in October alongside the launch of Sunset Overdrive. A 1TB version of the Xbox One is rumored for release a month later in November. The Verge can confirm Microsoft is indeed planning to release its white employee-only Xbox One this year.
Other rumors shared by the anonymous forum poster include the possibility of an Xbox One without a Blu-ray drive, a Bluetooth adapter, and launch dates for the console worldwide.

Microsoft is said to be releasing Xbox One in April in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Colombia, Chile, and Argentina. An October launch of Xbox One is also rumored to follow in China, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Portugal, Slovakia, Turkey, Saudia Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Israel, India, Indonesia, and Egypt.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/29/5359540/xbox-one-dashboard-update-white-console-release-date

Lima

It's going to be a while before they consider dropping kinect (or possibly never). They feel that it's a huge part of what differentiates the Xbox One to the other consoles.

Price drop(s)/new SKUs with cutbacks will happen before they ever decide to remove kinect.

And it is (for UI mostly now). If they drop it, it's just a less powerful PS4 at a higher or comparable price point.

You don't know enough to say it's not a shooter. From what we can tell, I'd put more stock in it being a shooter. "Open world" and "third person" aren't genres, and "lots of crazy weapons" is a good piece of evidence towards "shooter".

I've never heard anyone refer to Crackdown, Dead Rising, or Saints Row as shooters. The debut trailer showed off the platforming gameplay more than anything. If you want to call these games all "shooters" that's a pretty wide definition for the genre as these games are pretty different gameplay wise from things like Halo/CoD/Titanfall.

ironcreed

Banned

I hope they don't drop it. It is what makes the system unique and I finally want one after being vehemently opposed to it for so long.

Zep

Banned
Only came for $399 xbox one news and will leave disappointed. What a terrible idea to try and draw people in. I can wait till 2015-2016.

Outside of Halo 2 which is a megaton for me if they keep that MP intact is anyone really surprised by that list. It's the most by the numbers list of games possible.

Lynn616

They could just have the voice commands done with the headset instead of the Kinect. That SKU could be cheaper. Maybe?

Monocle

Hell yes, I am totally on board for Halo 2 HD. I hope the devs feel free to overhaul the campaign because it is in need of some serious love where the Flood are involved. That said, the best levels are great as they are so don't go nuts.

I suppose it's too much to ask for a Halo 3-style Scarab fight...? If the updated graphics are truer to the original art style than Anniversary was, I will be over the moon. Also, plz do not ruin the godly soundtrack. It's perfect.

Werhil

Neat info. Somewhat torn with all the Halo stuff. Honestly if Halo 4 never existed, I'd be all over this. In my opinion what they should have done, is never release Halo 4 on 360. Instead, have 343i get Halo 2 ready to be launched with XB1, and sell that with with future beta access to Halo 4. My hype would have been off the charts. I'd probably have bought that system even with all the original DRM plans. Still going to keep an eye on all this, but unfortunately I must keep Halo 5 in wait-and-see status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom