• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
no i mean is it Gopher's guess,or does he actually have information that tells him this? Why is Microsoft choosing some leaks on GAF then to reveal this information, why do they think this is necessary? What are they seeing? If it is them, in what ways are they being selective about what they're leaking? What parts of the picture are we missing?

Some weird shit going on right now. Feels like manipulation.

New age marketing is everywhere. None of these leaks are really all that surprising.

Controlled leaks due to some low sales info from January from retailers? Hoping to spur some sales? We have evidence from retail that they are stacking up on the shelves.

I gotta agree with the "playing it safe" part here.

Most of the "leaks" so far have either been rumored or strongly hinted. None of them have really came as shocking new info so far. Now if Platinum Games rumor was confirmed, that would have been a true Megaton.

Bsigg12

Don't really understand why they would ditch the optical drive but not Kinect when it's Kinect and not the optical drive that is basically fucking up the price, and the download only sku is going to alienate retail partners.

They won't drop Kinect. They made a huge investment in it and built the OS around it. The Xbox One for the life if the console will always come with the kinect.

kpaadet

Serious question?

New Halo and Crackdown games a 10x more exciting than some rumored game that probably won't even be on my radar.

Read: Opinions.

What new Halo game? ;)

The Platinum game would be as much of a rumored game as the next Crackdown if it was part of these "leaks", which was my point. Its cool if you are more excited about more sequels/ports than new IPs from developers that have never made an Xbox exclusive before.

Odrion

Banned
no i mean is it Gopher's guess,or does he actually have information that tells him this? Why is Microsoft choosing some leaks on GAF then to reveal this information, why do they think this is necessary? What are they seeing? If it is them, in what ways are they being selective about what they're leaking? What parts of the picture are we missing?

On one hand, yeah. It felt like manipulation since it started with the PS4 insiders. It's not a hard way to generate hype and placate the hardcore while not having to actually provide anything. DOES Demon's Souls 2 actually exist? WAS FF15 going to be exclusive? WILL Yakuza Ishin be localized for US release? Doesn't matter! They're just rumors. It's resource free hype.

On the other hand, this sure is fun.

Stillmatic

For me there's nothing really interesting there other than Forza Horizon news. Didn't expect that so soon! I guess they're going to juggle between the two Forza's every year.

I suppose with gophers little input its hard to tell what he knows and what he assumes to be given. IE new forza, halo 5 being 2015 etc.

The reasoning behind the controlled leak is more interesting. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but it is an odd move if true. Especially this level of leak even if its a tad predictable. It is probably manipulation but is an odd choice if so

Although I'm still quite happy crackdown was confrimed

esterk

So much leakage. Good finds, really shows that MS is making a solid effort to get some big exclusives out consecutively. I do wish they had some new IPs though. That's me being spoiled though.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
One thing I find interesting about all these leaks is that there's not a single one mentioning any new games or new IPs that we don't know about.

That's not because they don't exist, but because I think MS would like to reveal that on their own terms obviously.

For me there's nothing really interesting there other than Forza Horizon news. Didn't expect that so soon! I guess they're going to juggle between the two Forza's every year.

Isn't that kinda bad? This would only be good if your DLC carries over. I wouldn't buy a game knowing a better one is around the horizon (no puns intended).

Axass

I think the implication here is that MS gave the go ahead to "leak" this stuff.

Seriously, this is very weird. I also remember that ntkrnl guy talking directly to cboat, trying to lure him in saying the name of the new Black Tusk IP. It is possible that it was all a big trap to catch cboat. After all, these "leaks" are all pertaining to existing IPs we know about.

Doran902

If it was Halo 2 mp with better graphics and higher frames I would be down for sure.

If its Halo 2 maps inside the Halo 4 engine with Halo 4 gameplay they can kiss my ass.

Or is it because there is nothing worth leaking on Sony's side for now? :(

That's correct, all of Sony's first party studios are just sitting around doing literally nothing. It's just KZSF and Knack and a bunch of completely crap indies from here till the end of time.

But honestly, Sony just seems way better at preventing leaks. They've been pretty much sealed tight for a while now. Nothing comes out without them wanting to (other than vague hints by Neogaf insiders).

CCIE

Banned
I'd agree with controlled leaks to spur sales. January NPD could be simply brutal for MS. February even worse. The TR news and sales discrepancies should be downright alarming. PS4 just has better multiplatform games with every single version. They need some good news

Finalizer

this is some serious drama stuff going on right now, I have no idea what's going on here with cboat, this guy, Gopher's implication, or anything else

weirdest night on GAF in ages

Whole week's been a roller coaster so far, all-in-all.

WEREN'T THINGS SUPPOSED TO QUIET DOWN AFTER LAUNCH

lupin23rd

Wow crazy leaks.

Does anyone know what it takes to get Bish-approved? Do they have to provide evidence of what they're going to leak, or just PM a picture of a keycard proving they work at whatever studio? I'd get all nervous taking the word of a guy who posts a bunch of bombs in his first ever post on a forum, but assuming he's good...

I'm on the side thinking it's a controlled leak, although that does seem bizarre given how much this reveals the roadmap. Still, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the OP is someone Penello or Major, and they are just trying to get "Sony-GAF" hyped for their console because as everyone knows GAF hates the XBone. GAF gets excited now, and when they officially reveal this stuff everyone else gets excited.

Halo 5 not releasing this year - did anyone really think that it was going to happen? Not really a surprise IMO. If it comes early next year, I think Sony can hold off Uncharted until a similar time frame unless it is a lot further along and they want to bring out a heavy hitter for the holidays.

Another Forza game in less than a year? 5 years from now we'll get our first GT game on PS4 and there will be like 6 Forza games out :)

What really surprises me whether these are true or not is how little we know about the upcoming fall slate, and how little we've seen of what we know is coming. These rumours along with things like Last of Us or Uncharted hitting this year, and the ever present Last Guardian (LOL). Interesting times ahead for all games... and potentially all fans of leaks. ntkrnl you are on the hot seat now :)

Also, why would you silence CBOAT now? Seems like if you really wanted to smoke him out you should have done it while he was in here all the time mouthing off on your system. I don't think he's posted much recently, and certainly nothing of a megaton? Seems like bizarre timing to me.

Have we ever had a company deny that a rumour was true that turned out to be true? If Respawn offers no comment on textures people are going to take that as confirmation, and of course if they confirm it shit will hit the fan, so the smart thing to me seems to deny, but yeah it could come back to bite them if it ends up being true. At least they won't have to worry about it being compared to a technically superior PS4 version?

Huh, I'm surprised Colombia will be getting the Xbone in April, expected it to take longer. I want to see the price, the PS4's price is ridiculous here.

Halo 5 delayed, Halo 2 Anniversary instead... Gears of War in 2016, maybe... cheaper SKU without optical drive... wat... Titanfall DLC, 1.5 and 4 months...

Aaaand the cancelled game. Shangheist.

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom