• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faddy

Banned
no i mean is it Gopher's guess,or does he actually have information that tells him this? Why is Microsoft choosing some leaks on GAF then to reveal this information, why do they think this is necessary? What are they seeing? If it is them, in what ways are they being selective about what they're leaking? What parts of the picture are we missing?

Some weird shit going on right now. Feels like manipulation.

Welcome to the new front in the console war.

If this is Microsoft orchestrated would it even be surprising. They are active in social media propaganda, that much we know. We know there are message board astroturfers. Are fake leakers really that far fetched. They give us all the good stuff, then once legit use that person as a propaganda machine, debunking bad rumours and building hype for their games.

GAF is probably the only place I would trust an anonymous leaker since the mods actively police bullshit and try to verify credentials to the best of their ability. They are using our own weapons against us (maybe)

Stillmatic

Isn't that kinda bad? This would only be good if your DLC carries over. I wouldn't buy a game knowing a better one is around the horizon (no puns intended).

Definitely, I don't think that would be a good thing if that's the case. Plus it'd probably slow progress of adding features everyone has wanted for a while.

Shin-Ra

no i mean is it Gopher's guess,or does he actually have information that tells him this? Why is Microsoft choosing some leaks on GAF then to reveal this information, why do they think this is necessary? What are they seeing? If it is them, in what ways are they being selective about what they're leaking? What parts of the picture are we missing?

Some weird shit going on right now. Feels like manipulation.
Attempt at diverting attention from the negative Tomb Raider/Black Tusk news and/or softening the blow of a Halo 5 delay?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
me too, some are running with its "leaked" on purpose, really, it doesn't change what was "leaked" or "announced" it all sounds pretty awesome to me.

Same here. I'm not jumping in at this price but if these games turn out well I'll have to look at the console more closely than I expected to. I also don't give a shit about controlled leaks or not, just let me have info. I'm tired of the secrecy in this industry.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's because of all those financial issues. SCE has decided to close down half the studios at work on the PS4 and they have decided to move development to the Nintendo Wii U. And Vita. But mostly Wii U.

So Sony was the company Nintendo was talking about!

viveks86

I think it is damage control for the Tomb Raider 30/60 FPS dustup. This will change the hot topic of conversation for awhile especially among the very NeoGAF types that would be hyping the Tomb Raider controversy.

Interesting theory, I'll give you that. If it were the case, MS was a bit too late. That fire had been raging for DAYS. It had practically run its course even before the complete DF analysis was out. If MS attempted damage control here, they failed miserably.

Also, this will not remain a hot topic beyond a day, unless something new comes up. Check back in 24-48 hours to see if this thread is on the first page (assuming there aren't further "leaks"). Leaks never keep people excited for long, since there isn't much to discuss after the dust settles, especially if it's non-controversial.

It just gives them another way to release PR information.

I will agree to this if none of these leaks are officially "revealed" later on. Otherwise, they just dampened their own reveal.

To summarize, I don't disagree with you. If this was a controlled leak, it wasn't the smartest move IMO

beast786

One thing I find interesting about all these leaks is that there's not a single one mentioning any new games or new IPs that we don't know about.

That's not because they don't exist, but because I think MS would like to reveal that on their own terms obviously.

that is why I find nothing revealed as bombs. Even crackdown /horizon was hinted by MS several times. beside timing of release which are always subject to change. game wise there isn't really anything new except a port of a game couple of GEN ago.

Toki767

Controlled leaks due to some low sales info from January from retailers? Hoping to spur some sales? We have evidence from retail that they are stacking up on the shelves.

That's the weird thing though. These leaks aren't spurring sales. If anything it's telling people to hold off on buying an Xbox One until the holidays or even next year.

sn00zer

It has hit Engadget now. Getting close to critical mass I would imagine.

Man there is something SUPER fishy going on if more and more sites are picking this up and confirming so readily.......hopefully the truth comes out one of these days...I think MS just tried to pull a Beyonce album drop

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yeah, the more I think about it...the fact that we didn't get any info on a single new game/IP is setting off alarm bells.

Hey, this is still all awesome news but...feels slightly...strange.

npa189

A game I played 10 years ago isn't going to get me to buy a $500 console. (holy fuck H2 is 10 years old..) halo 2 HD is really their big holiday game?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, the more I think about it...the fact that we didn't get any info on a single new game/IP is setting off alarm bells.

He was actively saying how he had more to reveal but wasn't going to now. It seems pretty clear, really, lol.

A game I played 10 years ago isn't going to get me to buy a $500 console. (holy fuck H2 is 10 years old..) halo 2 HD is really their big holiday game?

Well their big holiday games from this seem to be SO/QB/Horizon 2 and halo 2 anniversary.

It's nice to complement the other stuff

A $399 Xbox One (even if it's without a disc drive), and Quantum Break/ Sunset Overdrive impressing as new IPs, with Halo 2 multiplayer (faithful to the original) could definitely make me jump back in as a secondary console to my PS4.

Why would MS leak that they are coming out with cheaper consoles, new 1TB console, white console ect? They want sales now, not for people to wait until November to buy a console. That literally makes no sense if you just think about business.

FiggyCal

Banned
Wow crazy leaks.

Does anyone know what it takes to get Bish-approved? Do they have to provide evidence of what they're going to leak, or just PM a picture of a keycard proving they work at whatever studio? I'd get all nervous taking the word of a guy who posts a bunch of bombs in his first ever post on a forum, but assuming he's good...

I'm on the side thinking it's a controlled leak, although that does seem bizarre given how much this reveals the roadmap. Still, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the OP is someone Penello or Major, and they are just trying to get "Sony-GAF" hyped for their console because as everyone knows GAF hates the XBone. GAF gets excited now, and when they officially reveal this stuff everyone else gets excited.

Halo 5 not releasing this year - did anyone really think that it was going to happen? Not really a surprise IMO. If it comes early next year, I think Sony can hold off Uncharted until a similar time frame unless it is a lot further along and they want to bring out a heavy hitter for the holidays.

Another Forza game in less than a year? 5 years from now we'll get our first GT game on PS4 and there will be like 6 Forza games out :)

What really surprises me whether these are true or not is how little we know about the upcoming fall slate, and how little we've seen of what we know is coming. These rumours along with things like Last of Us or Uncharted hitting this year, and the ever present Last Guardian (LOL). Interesting times ahead for all games... and potentially all fans of leaks. ntkrnl you are on the hot seat now :)

Also, why would you silence CBOAT now? Seems like if you really wanted to smoke him out you should have done it while he was in here all the time mouthing off on your system. I don't think he's posted much recently, and certainly nothing of a megaton? Seems like bizarre timing to me.

Have we ever had a company deny that a rumour was true that turned out to be true? If Respawn offers no comment on textures people are going to take that as confirmation, and of course if they confirm it shit will hit the fan, so the smart thing to me seems to deny, but yeah it could come back to bite them if it ends up being true. At least they won't have to worry about it being compared to a technically superior PS4 version?

Your first question: This is from another mod called Stumpokapow
Hi. We don't mind people who have access to stuff sharing it here, or even doing so obliquely. And nothing you're saying sounds crazy. But you might want to send a private message to Nirolak (who is a moderator here) just to identify yourself. We don't need your full name and identity or anything, just a sort of brief summary about whether you're speaking first-hand or second-hand, and what your work position is such that you'd have this information. I'll also note that if stuff turns out to be totally wrong and it becomes clear you made it up--there's a difference between this and information changing, which is totally normal--obviously your account will be forfeit.

As to Halo 5... At the end of the announcement trailer it says "2014". Microsoft actually confirmed Halo 5 for 2014 earlier this year (you can google it).

Raymo

that is why I find nothing revealed as bombs. Even crackdown /horizon was hinted by MS several times. beside timing of release which are always subject to change. game wise there isn't really anything new except a port of a game couple of GEN ago.

This. Any type of leak is exciting, but you can't go calling them all bombs when they aren't shaking any earth.

mrg6290

I think more likely than being an officially sanctioned MS leak, it is someone who is generally interested in the success of Xbox. He/she figured he wouldn't be doing much damage by leaking these details about existing IPs.

An officially sanctioned leak would not talk about future hardware releases. They want people buying hardware now based on games out and games to be released. They don't want you waiting for a future revision of hardware or new color/pricepoint.

Wow crazy leaks.

Does anyone know what it takes to get Bish-approved? Do they have to provide evidence of what they're going to leak, or just PM a picture of a keycard proving they work at whatever studio? I'd get all nervous taking the word of a guy who posts a bunch of bombs in his first ever post on a forum, but assuming he's good...

I'm on the side thinking it's a controlled leak, although that does seem bizarre given how much this reveals the roadmap. Still, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the OP is someone Penello or Major, and they are just trying to get "Sony-GAF" hyped for their console because as everyone knows GAF hates the XBone. GAF gets excited now, and when they officially reveal this stuff everyone else gets excited.

Halo 5 not releasing this year - did anyone really think that it was going to happen? Not really a surprise IMO. If it comes early next year, I think Sony can hold off Uncharted until a similar time frame unless it is a lot further along and they want to bring out a heavy hitter for the holidays.

Another Forza game in less than a year? 5 years from now we'll get our first GT game on PS4 and there will be like 6 Forza games out :)

What really surprises me whether these are true or not is how little we know about the upcoming fall slate, and how little we've seen of what we know is coming. These rumours along with things like Last of Us or Uncharted hitting this year, and the ever present Last Guardian (LOL). Interesting times ahead for all games... and potentially all fans of leaks. ntkrnl you are on the hot seat now :)

Also, why would you silence CBOAT now? Seems like if you really wanted to smoke him out you should have done it while he was in here all the time mouthing off on your system. I don't think he's posted much recently, and certainly nothing of a megaton? Seems like bizarre timing to me.

Have we ever had a company deny that a rumour was true that turned out to be true? If Respawn offers no comment on textures people are going to take that as confirmation, and of course if they confirm it shit will hit the fan, so the smart thing to me seems to deny, but yeah it could come back to bite them if it ends up being true. At least they won't have to worry about it being compared to a technically superior PS4 version?
since 2012 forza is a annual franchise

dmr87

Seen it on a few /r already. Everyone on /r/xboxone hate "sonygaf" though so they probably downvoting or refusing to click the gaf links lol

Here's a taste.

"Anything that is copied from neogaf should be deleted. Really bothers me when I see stuff like this that is obviously fake with no real source of information. Anyone can say they know secret information."

LiK

Why would MS leak that they are coming out with cheaper consoles, new 1TB console, white console ect? They want sales now, not for people to wait until November to buy a console. That literally makes no sense if you just think about business.

same thought here. if there was a leak for a white PS4 coming this year, a lot of guys would wait as well.

The way I see it, if it's a controlled leak, then it is what it is.

However, if it's not a controlled leak, then at least part of it was meant to be.. ( maybe Halo 2, white SKU, release dates for 2014 games, etc ), but the opportunity was taken to leak out more than what the controlled leak was meant to be.

That way, official news site can confirm that some stuff are real ( white SKU ), and give credibility to the entire leak.

mrg6290

Yea, people seem to be ignoring this.

Doran902

These leaks actually don't excite me at all, they want me to pay pay 500 dollars plus tax for a new system that has a lineup of the same games that I have been playing since 2005.

Fable? Halo? Gears of War? Crackdown?

Just my opinion but I feel like all of these franchises have peaked and aren't going to sell me on this system.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
trying to figure out the boat + controlled leaks
EcMs3cj.png

whatever. info is info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom