• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andodalf

Banned
Thanks coolasj19!

I'm glad school is canceled tomorrow. This thread is crazy interesting.

I really hope Forza Horizon ditches the annoying rails on the roads. It being truly open world would be killer.

How does one become an official leaker? I know a guy at WB, and tonight is looking like as good a night as any.

It's because of all those financial issues. SCE has decided to close down half the studios at work on the PS4 and they have decided to move development to the Nintendo Wii U. And Vita. But mostly Wii U.
Very funny, so they sent their invisible studios to make games for consoles with no games? Yet let the indies rule the PS4? Crazy

that is why I find nothing revealed as bombs. Even crackdown /horizon was hinted by MS several times. beside timing of release which are always subject to change. game wise there isn't really anything new except a port of a game couple of GEN ago.

Some are just quick on that Megaton trigger I think. Anything " leaked " ends up being a MEGATON!!!!!!!! no matter how small the info actually is.

Crackdown in 2016? Forza Horizon 2? Not exactly mind blowing stuff there. A new colored system? When did that ever become a megaton for any system?

I think the biggest megaton is that Halo is being pushed to 2015 despite MS saying otherwise just a little bit ago about Halo hitting in 2014. Meaning Sony pretty much has the Holiday season to itself right now with no big game hitting the X1 during the Holiday season ,especially if Overdrive hits in October. Halo 2 is your big holiday game? Really?

FiggyCal

Banned
These leaks actually don't excite me at all, they want me to pay pay 500 dollars plus tax for a new system that has a lineup of the same games that I have been playing since 2005.

Fable? Halo? Gears of War? Crackdown?

Just my opinion but I feel like all of these franchises have peaked and aren't going to sell me on this system.

Not just Halo, but a HD remake and another Forza...

Also I looked it up and Halo 5 was definitely confirmed for 2014.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but these leaks suck.

Freki

no i mean is it Gopher's guess,or does he actually have information that tells him this? Why is Microsoft choosing some leaks on GAF then to reveal this information, why do they think this is necessary? What are they seeing? If it is them, in what ways are they being selective about what they're leaking? What parts of the picture are we missing?

Some weird shit going on right now. Feels like manipulation.

My take on it:

-Halo 5 delay "leak" softens the blow when it's officially confirmed (for the moment it's softend by H2A)
-400$ witohut disc drive puts rumors about a price cut this year to rest in a way (400$ isn't that attractive if it's digital only (no used games))

The rest is basically non-news - dlc for TF - what a surprise, etc. ...

So I think after the failed attempt of influencing public opinion by liars like Albert Pennello MS is trying something different this time.

Bgamer90

Banned
I think the biggest megaton is that Halo is being pushed to 2015 despite MS saying otherwise just a little bit ago about Halo hitting in 2014. Meaning Sony pretty much has the Holiday season to itself right now with no big game hitting the X1 during the Holiday season ,especially if Overdrive hits in October. Halo 2 is your big holiday game? Really?

Quantum Break says "hi."

statham

trying to figure out the boat + controlled leaks
EcMs3cj.png

whatever. info is info.

purposely leak different names to different people to see who would bite, I think they are onto him.

RedAssedApe

Banned
whats the difference between forza and horizon? never actually played any of those games. having annual racing game seems a bit much unless the two games are extremely diff (i.e sim versus arcade)?

Verendus

Banned
Very funny, so they sent their invisible studios to make games for consoles with no games? Yet let the indies rule the PS4? Crazy
Sony Studios have mastered the art of ninja. Even though they were sent to Wii U, it has no games. Even though they are making games for the PS4, PS4 has no games. No games anywhere because the games themselves have become ninja.

It's crazy, I know. This is what happens when you transcend game development and become something else entirely. What's that you ask Mihael? Legend Mihael, they become legend.

GavinGT

Banned
Trying to keep up lol

Yep, Tom Warren popped in and said something like "for what it's worth, I know the white Xbox is coming".

On another note: controlled or not, who cares? If they are controlled, I can only wish everyone would start doing them all the time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, the talk of different skus is the weirdest part if this is actually controlled. People wait on those things, and that's not what you want.

On the other hand this did kinda mention halo 5 slipping into next year but cushioning the blow with other things.

whats the difference between forza and horizon? never actually played any of those games. having annual racing game seems a bit much unless the two games are extremely diff (i.e sim versus arcade)?

It's more arcadey feeling and an open world instead of being held to tracks. I don't care much for Forza but I loved Horizon, for what it's worth.

That's the weird thing though. These leaks aren't spurring sales. If anything it's telling people to hold off on buying an Xbox One until the holidays or even next year.

Just hearing about some games will get some impulsive people to jump in plus these rumors will be spread to lots of gaming sites from here generating lots of word of mouth about MS and the X1. Due to the timing of this on the day of the month it is, I have to bet it was sanctioned by MS to potentially have some sales pick up at the end of the month/going forward into February as they've probably gotten some preliminary January numbers. Throwing some false info out there might be trying to lure cboat out to get his identity as well. Just my opinion.

Don't really understand why they would ditch the optical drive but not Kinect when it's Kinect and not the optical drive that is basically fucking up the price, and the download only sku is going to alienate retail partners.

Kinect is there to make Microsoft money. They were hyping it as an evcfective way to deliver more effective ads. Politically it might be difficult to ditch the Kinect since a lot of money was spent to develop it. Finally, due to to the XB1's lesser specs they want to avoid an apples-to-apples comparison to the PS4.

Chettlar

Banned
Your first question: This is from another mod called Stumpokapow

As to Halo 5... At the end of the announcement trailer it says "2014". Microsoft actually confirmed Halo 5 for 2014 earlier this year (you can google it).

No they did not. Spencer was specifically asked to say "yay or nay" and he responded with something along the lines of "Your Halo journey continues in 2014."

Now doesn't that sound like a very obtuse way of saying it? Why can't he just talk strait like he normally does and say "Yes, it will release in 2014." I kind of passed this off earlier, but now I'm not so sure.

Sony Studios have mastered the art of ninja. Even though they were sent to Wii U, it has no games. Even though they are making games for the PS4, PS4 has no games. No games anywhere because the games themselves have become ninja.

It's crazy, I know. This is what happens when you transcend game development and become something else entirely. Legend.
I spent 400$ on some ninjas...

Toki767

Just hearing about some games will get some impulsive people to jump in plus these rumors will be spread to lots of gaming sites from here generating lots of word of mouth about MS and the X1. Due to the timing of this on the day of the month it is, I have to bet it was sanctioned by MS to potentially have some sales pick up at the end of the month/going forward into February as they've probably gotten some preliminary January numbers. Just my opinion.

It could go either way. It's a dangerous game to play if it's sanctioned though.

I'm hoping the leaks are false. I bought the Xbox One for a new halo game. I've been dinking around with a bit of KI but most of my gaming is on the PS4. It would absolutely suck if Halo 5 was postponed. I've already played Halo 2 to death. I don't want to play it again, even at 1080p. Of the games on that list for 2014 only Quantumn Break looks interesting. I hope Spencer or somebody comes out and confirms that Halo 5 is still on for 2014.

Bgamer90

Banned

Motorsport: Traditional sim racer.

Horizon: Arcade mix in with sim (kind of like PGR) in an open world with pumping electronic music, more unique races (e.g.: you against a jet plane) and tracks, and day to night cycle.

People who put the two games together just because of the Forza name more than likely never played them.

Elios83

Why would MS leak that they are coming out with cheaper consoles, new 1TB console, white console ect? They want sales now, not for people to wait until November to buy a console. That literally makes no sense if you just think about business.

It's also a way to get early feedback on certain ideas knowing that people will treat them as rumors and as such as unconfirmed.
Also the global market doesn't follow leaks and rumors on message boards....hell, people don't even know the ''official facts' straight.

Btw I really don't know how the potential delay into 2015 of their biggest game and the creation of the 'digital future SKU' (with DRM potentially coming back in some form) can be considered good news. As for the rest it's pretty much standard stuff, I mean a new Forza and a Crackdown sequel in development, what a shock!

This is a lot to suddenly just " leak" all at once. This definitely seems deliberate to me, but who can know, and honestly, it doesn't effect the information anyway.

Let's see... The Halo 2 remaster is odd to me. Didn't really like that game a whole lot when it came out, and I didn't know people were chomping at the bit to replay it. But I guess it has "Halo" in the title, and that's probably enough for a lot of people. Good to know they're giving Halo 5 extra time to cook if it needs it. I'm pretty skeptical after Halo 4, so they've definitely got some work if they want to get me back on that hype train. Good to know they've got some solid holiday releases coming. Interesting about some of those long term projects, but stuff in 2016 and beyond is basically irrelevant to me at this point. Projects could be started and cancelled 10 times over in that time, so I'll get excited when I see something more concrete.

A $400 Xbox without a disc drive is an interesting proposition, but I'll have to wait and see where the digital market goes. No way I'm buying into a closed market death trap without some kind of proof of competitive pricing and some efforts to improve that value of Live.

Overall, pretty interesting stuff.

Milennia

Yep, Tom Warren popped in and said something like "for what it's worth, I know the white Xbox is coming".

On another note: controlled or not, who cares? If they are controlled, I can only wish everyone would start doing them all the time.

Got dang this thread is amazing.
I love these leaks, controlled or not, today has been like an E3 press conference.

Those leaks. Didn't expect it to drop several of them this fast. Crackdown 3 as a 2016 title. $399 X1 sku with no optical drive huh? Can't wait for more info on Crackdown 3.

ironcreed

Banned
I think they are obviously controlled leaks as well, and it's smart of them to do so. They are obviously not going to let all the eggs out of their basket, only just enough to create buzz around the system. Enough to let folks know that some good stuff is cooking for what is shaping up to be a great system and that it is not all doom and fucking gloom.

Verendus

Banned
I spent 400$ on some ninjas...
And it was a $400 well spent. No refunds by the way.

Edit:

Now I cant argue with verendus.. LOL making me laugh so stop.
See this? This is why I cannot be stopped. I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless poster there has ever been. No one can stop me. Mihael is a conqueror? No! He's no Alexander! I'm Alexander! I'm the best ever. I'm Kaz Hirai. I'm Kutaragi. There's never been anyone like me. I'm from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom