• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

hehe. Seriously, we just had a big scandal about MS and Machinima paying youtubers to deceive people as to the intentions of their XBO positive videos. People are just naturally skeptical now. It's not like most of this news is hugely surprising other than Halo 2 Anniversary and some of the white SKU shit (and release dates), so it's also not like anyone thinks this news is so extraordinary it can't be true. We just want to know what's actually going on. There is some weird-ass behavior going on in GAF tonight.

I think it's a bit more suspicious that the guy from The Verge came and confirmed some of the leaks in no time. Not that I think it's a controlled leak, but a healthy dose of skepticism never hurt.

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.
Umm umm what the what?

seinfeld_no_thanks.gif

rob305

Guys if it was a controlled leak by MS then ntkrnl would't have mentioned that the cancelled black tusk project was actually a game etc. This would show everyone that Penello's statement about the game being only a concept was a lie and he would lose all the credibility on the Internet. I think if it would've been a controlled leak they wouldn't have mentioned the cancelled black tusk game at all.

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Ports as in simple ports or HD remakes?

Bsigg12

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

No, no. What? No. I don't believe you anymore. No.

Please be true

artist

Banned
Why would MS leak that they are coming out with cheaper consoles, new 1TB console, white console ect? They want sales now, not for people to wait until November to buy a console. That literally makes no sense if you just think about business.
He was very specific to say that cheaper without ODD was a MAYBE, in fact he re-iterated it.

Regarding the white, 1TB SKUs .. well that's hardly "sales breaking/stopping" stuff. Color versions with bigger HDD sizes are quite normal and par for the course.

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

BLOODY HELL PORTS OF 3 & 4!!!!!
not interested in 4 though

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Six to eight maps for a beta? That's wayyyyy more than most betas see. It's hard to believe, honestly. These leaks seem to good to be true.

FiggyCal

Banned
...I know. That doesn't prove my point right or wrong though..... Not sure what you're saying.

lol I guess it doesn't. I was getting at; he couldn't say Halo 5 would release in 2014 because the next Halo wasn't going to be called Halo 5. But saying that the journey would "continue" implies the story moving forward. No?

Blueblur1

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

That doesn't sound right. A port of Halo 3 and 4 bundled in with H2A sounds like a wasted opportunity. I'm sure Microsoft would much rather focus on just Halo 5 and H2A, if its real.

MilkBeard

Wow, this is amazing. Really. I don't have an XBONE, probably never will, but I'm excited by these leaks. Gimme dat juicy, secret sauce info!

Anyway, I'm trying hard to keep my brain from creating conspiracies. I've got one I've come up with on the fly, one that everyone is probably thinking. Basically, it goes like this:

Microsoft realized how powerful leaks are, and that many of them have been negative, so they decided to 'plant' a leaker to spread some good stuff that they've been working on. Sound crazy? Maybe it is. But I can't help but...argh. Either way, it's cool. Maybe it's just a Microsoft employee that finally wanted to reveal some of the cool shit coming down the pipeline.

If I was an Xbone fan this would be like a second Christmas. Some of those things sound really cool.

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

WAT

Milennia

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

Uh, woah.

Thats confirming two big time ports in passing lol
Now I'm skeptical.. Thats a ton of stuff right there,

viveks86

hehe. Seriously, we just had a big scandal about MS and Machinima paying youtubers to deceive people as to the intentions of their XBO positive videos. People are just naturally skeptical now. It's not like most of this news is hugely surprising other than Halo 2 Anniversary and some of the white SKU shit (and release dates), so it's also not like anyone thinks this news is so extraordinary it can't be true. We just want to know what's actually going on. There is some weird-ass behavior going on in GAF tonight.

Oh you. There's enough insanity in here as-is. Amir0x entering the tin foil kingdom will spell doom for all of mankind. Stay by my side, will ya? We need you more than ever! :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Guys if it was a controlled leak by MS then ntkrnl would't have mentioned that the cancelled black tusk project was actually a game etc. This would show everyone that Penello's statement about the game being only a concept was a lie and he would lose all the credibility on the Internet. I think if it would've been a controlled leak they wouldn't have mentioned the cancelled black tusk game at all.

Anyone with any sort of sense knew it was a lie.

Korosenai

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

WTF! Will they be releasing at the same time?

Halo 3 Xbone port, direct it into my veins right fucking now.

The Flash

Banned
That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

Be still my heart

StoopKid

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

Megaton!

Crisium

It better be EXACTLY the same multiplayer gameplay, just in widescreen and higher graphics.

I want to relive those memories of long ago. Halo 2's hype was so real. LAN parties at home, LAN parties at college, LAN parties everywhere.

Halo 2!

Chobel

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

WOW!

ntkrnl

Agreed, the dude took that too far, no way they are remaking 3 games and have the TV series ready to go in a couple months.

This isn't the main TV series, this is something different. Details at Comic Con, like I said earlier.

And a port is not a remake.

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

nbaturiaf.gif

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

OK, this seems out of hand. I like it... but this is too good to be true.

I'm like... amused and concerned at all of the conspiracy theories going around here. Fun times.

Times are strange, and that's unfortunate. But the way things have been around here and on other sites... You can't blame people for skepticism. It's nothing personal.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Halo 5 beta is going to be fun... should run throughout December, 6-8 maps, 2 arena maps, 2 forge maps.

BTW, the maps are going to be huge.

This...has potential.

Still, it all seems a bit too 'oh hey I'm here too guys, what a coincidence' for a random leaker, going off of what's been happening today.

But eh, I'll roll with it if it is a controlled leak. Surprised MS hasn't tried something in that vein earlier to counter some pre-launch negativity, tbh.

Also, why ya care about CBOAT knowing the cool code name for Black Tusk's project?

fake edit:

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

Wut.

That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

They might as well just port the first HA as well.

Jarmel

Banned
That is the plan.

Two versions of H2A.

Oh boy.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ports of Halo 3 and 4 included with a collectors edition? They'd retail each of those at $30 a pop even if they're just simple ports upsized to 1080p. I don't think that would happen.

Now I dunno what to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom