• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

Seriously, this is very weird. I also remember that ntkrnl guy talking directly to cboat, trying to lure him in saying the name of the new Black Tusk IP. It is possible that it was all a big trap to catch cboat. After all, these "leaks" are all pertaining to existing IPs we know about.

trying to figure out the boat + controlled leaks
EcMs3cj.png

whatever. info is info.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, fishy.

Also he was commenting on cboat's thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98888519&postcount=111

Toki767

Microsoft's plan for this year seems to be to suck as much money from Halo fans' wallets as they can if they really do port 3 and 4 over.

Ports of Halo 3 and 4 included with a collectors edition? They'd retail each of those at $30 a pop even if they're just simple ports upsized to 1080p. I don't think that would happen.

Now I dunno what to believe.

This, I would imagine the posts would be released separately for $39.99, and they would do well for microsoft.

What in the BUTT is going on in here? I am scared.

Sit your BUTT down!
We are going faster and faster
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining, is it snowing
Is a hurricane a-blowing
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing
Is the grisly reaper mowing
Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
But that makes no sense, now you know to wait until 2016 when the Xbone is cheaper to buy it?
Why would they bastardize their sales like that?

Its the first time I've ever felt a negative feeling about not having an Xbox One and will surely snowball over the next two years to the point where I am going to sacrifice 1/3rd months rent on a system I don't even want.

rob305

That is exactly how you do control leaks. Say things you would not otherwise say through official channels.

But why are some of you thinking that when someone calls it a controlled leak they mean it in a bad way. I think this is fuck'en awesome.

You announce things to build up hype or spread rumors. But you don't destroy the head of marketing's reputation by saying he basically lied

I am so afraid to even say something, but I was reading misterxmedia entries. Just because I read in another forum that he was a loony. So I got curious, but one of the entries talks about a deliberate leak going to happen from Microsoft. One of the Insider daily dated jan 23rd. Last sentence in the first paragraph. Again, sorry If i overstepped my boundary or something. Not sure if mentioning him is banned or something.

As someone who had no intention of getting an XBOne yet, this thread, if the leaks are true, has me f'n excited and sorta wanting one much earlier than I planned.

Now I'm hoping some Sony insider decides to leak a bunch of PS4 stuff. I must know!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So I guess its pretty apparent this is a controlled leak at this point. That is some extremely specific info about a beta planned 11 months from now.

It's safe to say most companies don't have that much detail for a beta that's nearly a year off.

I could be wrong but that seems too early to know something like that.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Makes zero financial sense to rekindle a huge following of Halo fans who were disillusioned after 4?

Garnering a fuck ton of fans with a re-done classic, letting them experience 3 & 4 again on their XB1 if they want to, so they can roll into Halo 5 (with its promised old-school style game play) ready to go and caught up?

This clearly makes financial sense.

Is the MP included just Halo 5 beta?

UraMallas

That is the plan.

Let me reiterate some of the Halo stuff, as there is some confusion and I didn't lay all the cards down.

Two versions of H2A.

Collectors Edition with the Beta access, the Halo series (not the Blomkamp one)

War Collection with the above, as well as ports of Halo 3 & 4 for XB1.

WHAT.

statham

Well Thuway is vouching for his Titanfall leak
Unless your saying both their sources are the same?

I have zero faith in thuway, he feeds his own agenda into the little bits he gets. Its like you whisper something in someone's ear and by the fifth ear you get thuways version.

Sanic

Makes zero financial sense to rekindle a huge following of Halo fans who were disillusioned after 4?

Garnering a fuck ton of fans with a re-done classic, letting them experience 3 & 4 again on their XB1 if they want to, so they can roll into Halo 5 (with its promised old-school style game play) ready to go and caught up?

yeah so what's going on with the PC port of H3?

Freki

That doesn't make sense

Ryne

White Console plus Sunset Overdrive and a fancy ass controller in October.

Also a limited edition 1TB box after that in November.

Oooh, I'm going to wait on these two. Might push me over to getting a One.

I will agree to this if none of these leaks are officially "revealed" later on. Otherwise, they just dampened their own reveal.

To summarize, I don't disagree with you. If this was a controlled leak, it wasn't the smartest move IMO

Microsoft wants to have control over NeoGAF conversations. That was the point of Major Nelson and Penello posting here. But as you can see by their recent lack of activity, their influence has been greatly diminished. They have too much baggage and draw too many accusations for past comments any time they post. Now MS has a clean voice on NeoGAF who has a built in excuse for not answering detailed follow up questions and doesn't have to be 100% accurate.

The Flash

Banned

I want to believe you ntkrnl, I really do but at what price? $60, $80, $100?

Ntk just went all out, now I'm not sure if its true anymore. No offense, but a Halo 2 Anniversary, and 3 and 4 coming down the line (if I read correctly)? That seems a little far-fetched.

Who knows, I might be wrong. I am just skeptical now is all.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
You don't think some dumbass with a spreadsheet can post the contents on the internet?

I'm like... amused and concerned at all of the conspiracy theories going around here. Fun times.

See, this is why i don't like being TOP post. Everyone will read it. Controlled or not, a leak is a leak is a leak.

sn00zer

Bishop better recheck that confirmation he got....also its not hard to be a "Microsoft Employee"...a lot of highschoolers can get into MS programs and be temporarily hired by MS for projects....had a friend get an award from MS for his work in unrelated programming on internet watches in the mid 2000s and was given MS employee privileges

So MS does consider Halo 4 a disappointment internally. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom