• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I don't get it. A couple of our age this was like truthfact-like information, now CBOAT is being hunted, Halo has a whole tetralogy for X1 and suddenly the info is not as reliable.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Dude is asleep... he's in the EU right? bedtime over there. Be concerned if he does not chime in in the AM EST.

Probably dreaming about box.

I think that he is from somewhere in EU, so it is 5:28 am here and only people, who are starting work at 6 am are up :p

Also, I find this leaks strange after GopherD post. More like 'Hunt for Red Octobe...em, CBOAT'

This ntkrnl guy is now the villain in this story for having hunted (and apparently trapped) the hero CBOAT. I hate him now.

Yeah, I'm late to this, but if this is the case, fuck him. I appreciate the info and leaks, but come on. Hope he gets caught too then if that's the case.

Then again I could be misunderstanding this entire thread since I caught up as quick as I could.

Kalm

It seems to be implying he was played like a fiddle. Which would go along with the idea that cboat was fed false information that only he was told which narrowed down the leaker and got him outed.

CBOAT mentioned dueling so ntkrnl mentioned fiddles.

Dueling Fiddles.

I doubt it's anything more than that.

I just got back from that norovirus cruise. Seriously. So the only leaks I've heard about are gross things.

What I miss? Reading this page makes it sound juicy.

ntkrnl

Dude.... I'm pretty sure cboat is ok.

Also I didn't speak to him in code, I was just being stupid and figured I'd contribute.

Never should have rattled the cage with that Shangheist comment.

mrg6290

I dont get it. Whats the big deal about this quote? How is cboat outed from that?

Everyone is interpreting it as ntkrnl kind of calling him out.

My take is its a direct response to CBOAT's initial statement about "duelin leakrs!11!!" saying that CBOAT plays best fiddle (i.e. ntkrnl is second fiddle to CBOAT).

But there is really no way to be sure of anything at this point. I'm just holding out til some of this stuff is confirmed, which according to ntkrnl shouldn't be all that long.

Again, I want to believe.

RetroStu

Banned
Who cares if its a controlled leak or not, all companies do it and have been doing it for years and there is some real exciting news we now know.
Why do people always look for the negatives with Microsoft on here?

Amir0x

Banned
All of u askin 4 cboat didnt have his back when he was called out in his thread.. so y should he respomd to u guys acting as if u care now?

I didn't even see that topic until AFTER it was locked, so I couldn't say anything. I've been here long enough to understand the fullness of CBOAT's value, and even though he's occasionally had wrong stuff, his track record is seriously insane. If he was outed, he could seriously be facing major legal problems now. I hope we as a community just remember what he did for us for the past decade, because as silly as it seems, leaks like that help make GAF what it is, and we wouldn't be as tight of a community without them.

FordGTGuy

Banned
God this sounds fucking cool. I want to believe.

original12.gif~original

viveks86

I've lost track and interest in all the new updates. If anyone still wants a consolidated list, I'm quoting myself here for people to append.

Added some more that seemed missing in the original list:

• Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros." UPDATE: Weather system powered by "the cloud"
  • White Xbone incoming. UPDATE: In October with "fancy ass controller"
  • NEW: Limited 1 TB box in November
  • Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
  • Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
  • Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
  • Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
  • Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014. UPDATE: October 2014
  • Is not Phil Spencer
  • Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
  • Fable Legends is Summer 2015
  • Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
  • Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
  • First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
  • No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
  • A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year. UPDATE: Late April in Scandinavian countries
  • No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
  • $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."
  • NEW: Games with Gold on Xbox One starting April. "Sooner rather than later"
  • NEW: Big OS update in March.
  • NEW: Bluetooth adapter is coming at some point.

COURTESY: Chubigans

CBOAT is ntkrnl. He got tired of his cryptic messages a while ago. He wanted a change. So he set up another account and occasionally replied to himself to throw people off in the future. Once the time came, he decided to fake his virtual death. He got Bish to pre-approve his posts as ntkrnl. And he also started a titanfall rumor that was easy to debunk, as CBOAT. Thread got locked, conspiracy theories ran wild. "CBOAT on the run! MS got him good!", people thought. But CBOAT is with us right now. In a new and bold avatar. We are all being trllde

Halo 2 HD
Halo 3 HD
Halo 4 HD
Halo 5

released in the span of 1 year. Sounds legit.
Yea, it just seems ridiculous to release that many games that they could spread out and make more money on. Plus, the online player base will be split all over. The leaker seems so damn sure though.

GHG

Gold Member
Might not be completely up to date, as I tend not to care about anything other than NA and Europe.

April, 2014
-
Japan
South Korea
Taiwan
Singapore
Hong Kong

Russia
Sweden
Norway
Finland
Denmark

Colombia
Chile
Argentina

October, 2014
-
China
Poland
Czech Repub.
Hungary (yes, I am. Almost lunch.)
Greece
Portugal
Slovakia

Turkey
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
United Allied Emirates
Israel

India
Indonesia
Egypt

The fuck is this?

At least get country names right for goodness sake.

Milennia

I've lost track and interest in all the new updates. If anyone still wants a consolidated list, I'm quoting myself here for people to append.

CBOAT is ntkrnl. He got tired of his cryptic messages a while ago. He wanted a change. So he set up another account and occasionally replied to himself to throw people off in the future. Once the time came, he decided to fake his virtual death. He got Bish to pre-approve his posts as ntkrnl. And he also started a titanfall rumor that was easy to debunk, as CBOAT. Thread got locked, conspiracy theories ran wild. "CBOAT on the run! MS got him good!", people thought. But CBOAT is with us right now. In a new and bold avatar. We are all being trllde

Oh god, CBOAT fanfic... We have come full circle.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
CBOAT mentioned dueling so ntkrnl mentioned fiddles.
Dueling Fiddles.
I doubt it's anything more than that.
I thought he said "you play the best fiddle".
Read this

Translation
I don't... I can't take much more of this... I've felt more emotions in the last 6 hours than I have in the last month.

If he does get ousted. I want to read the book.

belushy

Banned
Dude.... I'm pretty sure cboat is ok.

Also I didn't speak to him in code, I was just being stupid and figured I'd contribute.

Never should have rattled the cage with that Shangheist comment.

I'd like to ask... where did 343 get all the man power to make two games and then port two other ones?

MilkBeard

This is just fascinating really. I am concerned about cboat though. Whatever certain corners think of him, he has been a consistent GAF staple for like a decade now, and he has been tried and tested and true. It'd be a shame to lose him due to some clever mole hunting on Microsoft's part.

He was a true hero for the GAF community. :salute: Godspeed, CBOAT.

Yeah this would be a shame. It's good to remain skeptical. But we will see what happens.

This has been such a weird turn of events. Someone should make an espionage game with the story of CBOAT and the villian ntkrnl. It can take place in shanghai. Maybe black tusk can develop it?

I didn't even see that topic until AFTER it was locked, so I couldn't say anything. I've been here long enough to understand the fullness of CBOAT's value, and even though he's occasionally had wrong stuff, his track record is seriously insane. If he was outed, he could seriously be facing major legal problems now. I hope we as a community just remember what he did for us for the past decade, because as silly as it seems, leaks like that help make GAF what it is, and we wouldn't be as tight of a community without them.
No u at all i have utmost respect 4 u.. ive been lurking here for years.. its the other guys who ivs seen in the thread are in here acting all worried about him now..

Fletcher

Soooo stoked on a new Forza Horizon. Any more details on that? Location? Last one was a fictional colorado area. Any cool new features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom